Stay The Night

I'm sorry, but I can't.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"W...what?" Taeyeon turned around and faced Jessica with a surprised expression.

"Just stay for the night. The rain looks like it wouldn't stop anytime soon. "

"A....ahh.. it's okay. I'll just wait for the rain to stop then I'll go ahead."

"Taeyeon, there's no way I would let you go back and walk home late at night in this kind of weather." Jessica gave Taeyeon a look, emphasizing that she meant every word.

"B-but... Yuri and her parents don't know about this. They're gonna be worried if I don't go home today."

"Just text her that you can't go home today."

"I don't... have a phone." Taeyeon shyly admitted.

"Then I'll just text Yuri for you." Jessica took her phone out and was about to contact Yuri when she suddenly remembered something.

"Oh wait.. I don't have her number." Jessica suddenly remembered that it was Yuri who asked for her number but she didn't ask for Yuri's number back.

"It's okay really, I'll just wait for the rain to stop."

"Taeyeon. It's late." Jessica sternly said.

"Hmm.. or do you perhaps have an umbrella I could borrow?" 

Jessica shot Taeyeon a deadly glare which meant that she wasn't going to approve her ideas.

"O-okay, I'll........ stay."

It was during times like this when Jessica became thankful of her natural cold look. It really came in handy. Deep inside, she was smirking in victory when the girl finally agreed to stay the night.

*Beep beep

Jessica's phone beeped and she took it out from her pocket. 1 new message. It was from an unknown number, but when she opened it, she now knew who sent the message.

--

From: unknown number

To: Jessica

Hi Jessica! 

Thank you for attending the dinner. I was really happy and I surely enjoyed a lot. <3

Are you home now? I hope you are. It's already late and it's raining hard. Pls. text me if you've arrived home safely.

I hope that Taeng didn't give you any hard time.

It was nice meeting you for the second time. I'll look forward to our next meetings :)) I wish we'll be good friends in the future.

P.S. Is Taeyeon on her way home now? I hope she brought her umbrella.

Love,

Yuri. 

--

As soon as Jessica finished reading the message, she used the oppurtunity to inform Yuri about Taeyeon's whereabouts. Jessica didn't really feel the need of replying to Yuri's message if it weren't for Taeyeon.

From: Jessica

To: Yuri

Hi Yuri. Yes I've arrived home safely. Thanks for your concern.

Taeyeon is here with me and I'm letting her stay the night here since the weather is bad and I'm not letting her walk at this rate.

She'll be fine, don't worry.

--

Jessica didn't ask Yuri's permission anymore since she was afraid that the girl would say no.

"Done. I already told your cousin." 

"Y-you did?? What'd she say?"

Jessica smiled as she took Taeyeon's hand and dragged her towards the room.

"This is the guest's room. You can stay here."

"No it's okay. I can take the couch."

Jessica shook her head. "Taeyeon, you're a guest. I won't let you sleep on the couch." 

"The shower is over there. I think there's an extra towel in the cabinet under the sink."

"It's okay, reall-"

"Wait, I'll just get some clothes for you. I'll be right back"

"But-"

Before Taeyeon could even object, Jessica already ran out of the room. She sighed as she was left with no choice but to stay for the night at Jessica's apartment. 

"Here you go." Jessica suddenly appeared holding a shirt and a pair of pajamas.

"Thank you."

"Go ahead and take a shower. You might get sick if you don't. I'll be in the next room if you need me." Jessica beamed before she left the room and closed the door. 

Why is she so nice? Taeyeon thought before she took the clothes and proceeded to the bathroom to take a shower. She still felt weird for she didn't expect to end up in Jessica's apartment after the embarassing dinner earlier. Several minutes later, she stepped out of the shower and changed into Jessica's clothes.

Taeyeon headed towards the bed and sat on it. She looked around the room. It was somewhat big, though there weren't much belongings around. Taeyeon wondered if someone ever occupied the room before.

*knock knock

"Taeyeon?" Jessica called out before opening the door.

"Good, you're done showering." Jessica smiled as she entered the room.She went over and sat on the bed next to Taeyeon.  

Taeyeon noticed that she had just finished showering as well. Her hair was still dripping wet. She looked different wearing her home clothes. Jessica looked more warm and... more friendly?..If those were even possible. 

"Taeyeon? Why are you staring at me like that?" 

"O-oh. Nothing." Taeyeon quickly looked away upon getting caught. Jessica smiled at the sight of a cute Taeyeon slightly blushing. Seeing her wearing her clothes that were a bit big on her even made her look more adorable.

"Thank you for letting me stay for tonight." Taeyeon spoke up to break the awkward atmosphere.

"It's nothing. Thanks for walking me home."

"A deal is a deal."

"But I'm sorry that you got wet from the rain. "

"It's not your fault. It's okay." Taeyeon smiled. 

"By the way..."

Taeyeon looked at Jessica as she waited for the girl to continue.

"Why did Yuri and her parents have to know that you can't go home tonight? I mean... why weren't you worried about how your parents or your uncle would react instead?"

Shoot. Taeyeon wanted to bury herself 10 layers below the ground. She wasn't careful enough with the words that came out of when she was trying to persuade Jessica a while ago. Does she now trust Jessica enough to reveal her secret to her? 

Does she trust Jessica?

Yes.

Was she ready to reveal her secret to her?

No. Not yet.

"I-I...uhh...I just..."

"It's okay if you don't want to answer me. I was just asking" Taeyeon turned her head to meet Jessica's eyes.

"I'm sorry, it's just... it's a long story."

"No, I swear. It's okay" Jessica smiled. Taeyeon forced a smile as well.

"By the way, do you live here alone?" Taeyeon suddenly had the urge to ask.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter