Double Friendly Dinner Date

I'm sorry, but I can't.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"H-he's in jail?!" 

"Mrs. Kwon was also there. Sh-she called the police while Yuri and Mr. Kwon were holding him down." Yoona responded.

"How about Aunt Im? Where is she??"

"Mom.... she was contacted by the police but she won't show up. I think she went to hide in one of our relatives' houses. She didn't want anything to do with my father's imprisonment. Some said that she was scared that if she shows up, the police will i-imprison her as well."...  "Taeyeon..." Yoona broke down. Taeyeon shifted besides her cousin and hugged her. She let Yoona cry on her shirt, not caring if it would get soaked up in tears. 

"D-don't they love me Taeyeon? ..Why does it seem like it's okay for them to leave me alone?" Yoona snuggled closer to Taeyeon as she continued to pour her tears out.

Taeyeon couldn't believe it. Although a feeling of relief was not something she'd deny after hearing that her uncle is in jail, but she felt sorry for Yoona. She knows how the girl is feeling. But the only difference is that she lost both of her parents at a really young age. Taeyeon was already used to being independent. But Yoona... can she handle it?

"Don't say that.. I'm sure they love you." 

The older girl started to think about her uncle Im. Back when she first lived with the Ims after she was saved from the ship's explosion, her uncle was really nice towards her. He is her father's step brother. They had the same mom but different fathers but despite that, he took care of her really well, even treated her like his own daughter.. but it didn't last for long. 

After the lawyers found out that her father either didn't have a last will or that it was nowhere to be found, he started acting different towards her. Taeyeon didn't like to think bad of his uncle but sometimes, it seemed like her uncle was only after her father's wealth/position. Maybe he did think that he would gain his brother's position... but none of those happened. Up to now, all Taeyeon could think of was that her uncle regretted in making the decision of taking the responsibility of keeping her. 

 

"Yoona?" 

Taeyeon didn't hear any reply from the girl. She then realized that her cousin was already fast asleep, judging from the slow and steady breathing he was feeling coming from the girl beside her. Taeyeon wasn't sure if she could carry Yoona and place her on the bed without risking to wake her up. And as if someone sent her a solution to her problem, Yuri softly knocked then peeked through the door.

"Hey Taeng, is everything alright??"

"Yeah but she kinda.. fell asleep on me." Taeyeon whispered.

"Is that so? Let me carry her then. She might wake up if you shift too much." Yuri approached the two girls and slowly pried Yoona's hands off Taeyeon's shirt. She carefully lifted the girl up and tucked her in bed. "Woah, you're quite strong, Yul", Taeyeon complimented.

Yuri noticed Yoona's tear- stained face.

"She cried quite a lot, huh?"

"Yeah." Taeyeon looked at her cousin's tired and peaceful sleeping face.

"At least the both of you talked it out now." Taeyeon nodded at Yuri's words. "I'll go ahead. You should go to bed now too. We still have classes tomorrow." Yuri started to walk towards the door.

"Yuri.."

"Yea?" Yuri stopped and turned around as she opened the door.

"Thanks for saving Yoona." 

"No problem" Yuri smiled as she slowly closed the door.

Taeyeon sat down on the side of the bed as she looked at her sleeping cousin once again. She brushed off the strands of hair covering Yoona's face.

"I almost forgot.. thank you for saving me too, Yoona. It means a lot to me. I know you probably won't hear all these now.. but I forgive you. I don't even hold any grudges against you eversince we were little. I hope you'll stop blaming yourself. Even if you think that no one

cares about you, I'm here. I'll still be here for you." Taeyeon smiled as she stood and exited her cousin's room.

"Waaah! What are you doing out here?" Taeyeon was shocked by Yuri's presence right after she came out of Yoona's room.

"Taeng, I heard all those." Yuri snickered. "How sweet of you." 

"Yah! No teasing. Those were from my heart." Taeyeon slapped Yuri's arm.

"Yea yeah, I know. I felt it too." Yuri smiled. "Oh hey, don't forget about the double friendly dinner date tomorrow, okay?"

"Hey wait. I still don't get why you did that earlier.. and why must you call it a double friendly dinner date,anyway?"

"Simple. That means we sit by pairs. Haha"

"D-does that mean I'll sit beside you??"

"Of course not! You'll sit on the opposite side of us. Jessica will sit beside me, and you'll sit next to Tiffany."

"WHAAT?!"

"What's with the reaction, Taeng?" Yuri laughed.

"Yuuul.. you know I'm not good at initiating conversations. It'll be awkward. Can you just go without me?"

"Hey! What's the problem? The 2 other girls agreed on it so you should too. Don't worry Taeng, we're just gonna have dinner. No need to be a chicken."

"Yah! I'm not a chicken." Taeyeon crossed her arms

"Yes, that's it. I'm sure you'll enjoy. So see you after class tomorrow. Good night" Yuri grinned before she walked away, leaving a puzzled Taeyeon.

 

---

*the next day after classes

 

Jessica proceeded to the rest room first to fix herself. She applied powder and even sprayed a bit of perfume. Even though she isn't really the type to really prep herself up, Jessica felt like she needed to exert extra effort for... someone. 

After realizing that she must've taken too long in the rest room already, Jessica decided to head towards the cafe in front of their school.

As she stepped inside the cafe, her eyes wandered around the cafe to look for familiar faces.

Maybe I was still a bit early. She thought.

"Jessica!" She turned around and was met by 3 pairs of eyes. Yuri was excitedly waving her hand up in the air for Jessica to see them. 

Okay.. maybe I was a bit late. She then walked towards the table

"I'm sorry, I'm late." Jessica bowed. 

"It's okay. Here, sit beside me." Yuri tapped the chair next to her.

When Jessica lifted her head up, she was a bit disappointed that the seat beside Taeyeon was already taken by Tiffany. She mentally blamed herself for taking too long in the rest room as she sat down beside Yuri. Jessica is seated infront of Taeyeon, with Tiffany beside her.

"I've already ordered for you Jessica, is that okay?" Yuri asked.

"Yes. That's fine, thank you." Jessica smiled. Suddenly, an idea came to Jessica's mind. She thought of making Taeyeon a bit jealous, just to see how she would react. She secretely stole a glance from the girl in front of her and frowned when the girl seemed to be in an enjoyable conversation with Tiffany. 

"They look so cute, right?" Yuri whispered to Jessica.

The other girl didn't know how to answer. Thankfully, the food arrived and that stole Yuri's foc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter