Doubts

I'm sorry, but I can't.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica knocked on Taeyeon's door. Hearing no response, She slowly opened the door and peeped inside. With light footsteps, she approached the bed and sat on the edge. The girl on the bed didn't make any sound as she continued to study the contents of the paper. She watched as the other girl shifted in a more comfortable position on her stomach, holding the piece of paper at eye level, trying to figure out what the series of letters and numbers meant for the past 2 hours.

"Taeyeon.." Jessica gently rubbed Taeyeon's back, which successfully got her attention.

"Mm?" She tilted her body enough to turn her head, a pencil in between her lips.

"Wanna grab dinner with me?"

Taeyeon removed the pencil from to answer.

"Mmm..."

"Please?" Jessica used her puppy eyes, making the other girl smile.

"Alright, alright. I'll just go change, okay?" 

"Okay. I'll wait for you downstairs." Jessica stood up from the bed and happily jogged down the stairs, earning a laugh and a shake of the head in amusement from Taeyeon.

-

Jessica chewed on her food as she watched the girl in front of her focused in eating her pasta. As Taeyeon's lips curved upwards to form a smile, she also slowly raised her head, her eyes meeting Jessica's now surprised ones. She was worried that Taeyeon caught her staring at her and was about to for it.

"Hey, do you remember the time when we had the double friendly dinner date here?"

"Huh?" Jessica asked, partly surprised and relieved that Taeyeon didn't for staring at her.

"The double friendly dinner date. We had it here in this restaurant. And wait, I think it was also in this exact same table." Taeyeon mouth opened in amusement as her hands touched the table.

"Double friendly what?" Taeyeon's eyes met hers, trying to find any signs of mischief.

"Double friendly dinner date." The girl across the table squinted, trying hard to remember anything related to this.

"You don't remember it, do you?" Taeyeon's smile slowly faded, and Jessica felt guilty almost instantly.

"It's a bit... I mean..." Jessica tried to think of something to say, anything for compensation, but then she sighed, deciding to just tell Taeyeon the truth.
"I'm sorry, Taeyeon. I..." A hand on top of her own stopped Jessica from saying her apology. As her eyes trailed up to it's owner, a warm and gentle smile greeted her.

"It's okay if you don't remember. I want you to know that you don't have to feel bad for not remembering a lot of things, okay? We both know that your brain was really damaged. You may have lost some of your memories but I'm more than happy that you didn't forget me. As long as I'm here, I'll be more than glad to make you remember. I can always re-tell the stories. " A smile immediately formed on Jessica's face. She still couldn't believe that she was able to find a sweet and caring girl like Taeyeon. "On second thought, it was such an embarrassing night for me so it's okay if you don't remember it anymore." Jessica raised to slap Taeyeon's hand on top of hers but the latter retracted quickly, making her slap her own hand instead. Taeyeon laughed while holding her safe hand. But at the same, it was also times like this when she would question herself why she said yes to a kid.

"Yah! Tell me what happened!" She sulked, causing Taeyeon to laugh and give in.

"Okay okay... so as I was saying, we had a double friendly dinner date here when we were in highschool."

"Double friendly dinner date?" Jessica squinted her eyes. "With whom?"

"You, me, Yuri and Tiffany."

"Oh." Jessica's blood boiled a bit at the mention of Tiffany's name. "So the both of us then Tiffany and Yuri as double dates?"

"Umm... not really. It was actually more like you and Yuri, then me and Tiffany." Taeyeon struggled at the last part, worried on how Jessica would react. The latter's brows furrowed a bit at the thought of Tiffany and Taeyeon as dates.

"And I agreed to that?"

"Well, yeah you did."

"And you agreed to that?" Taeyeon sensed the glare forming in Jessica's eyes and she felt the need to defend herself.

"H-hey, it was Yul's idea! I wouldn't have said yes if it wasn't for her. I just wanted to help her during that time when she still had a crush on you. Anyway, that was nothing." Taeyeon brought her attention back to her food, hoping Jessica would do the same, but as she took another bite, she could still sense Jessica's eyes on her, knowing that she wasn't going to brush this topic off anytime soon. Oh come on, we can't really fight about this now. She thought fast on how she could divert the topic. While doing so, the waiter arrived, putting the remaining orders on the table. Jessica thanked the waiter, while Taeyeon's eyes landed on the bowl of salad on the table. A smirk appeared on her face.

"Hey, did you know that you spat water on my face?" Jessica raised her brows in curiosity. 

"Really?"

"Mhm. You did it when Yuri asked if we were an item."

"You've gotta be kidding me." Jessica crossed her arms.

"Hell no. Wait, let me call for reinforcements." Taeyeon placed her fork down before she fished her phone out of her pocket. Jessica watched as she pressed a few buttons.

"Hello Yul?" Taeyeon then placed the phone on loudspeaker and set it down on the table.

"Hey. What's up?"

"Where are you?"

"Still at work. Why?"

"Me and Jessica are having dinner at the moment at the restaurant in front of our old school."

"Ahh, the restaurant in front of our school where she spat water on your face?" Taeyeon threw a smirk at Jessica then laughed.

"Yeah. I can't believe you still remember that."

"Of course I do. It's hard not to remember that dinner especially when she spewed cucumber seeds all over your face. That one was epic."

"Yah! That's not true!" The girl across the table raised her voice, causing people in the restaurant to look towards their direction. Taeyeon started bowing at all directions for her girlfriend's behavior.

"Oh. Hi there Jessica!"

"Yah Yuri! What are you talking about? There's no way I would've eaten cucumbers!" Jessica leaned forward so that Yuri would be able to hear her without startling the other people in the restaurant.

"That's the point. That's why you ended up spitting them all over Taeng's face. You were so engrossed in making her jealous that you failed to realize that the salad I was feeding you had cucumbers." Taeyeon slumped back on her chair holding her stomach as she laughed along with the girl on the other end of the line.

"It's not funny."

"Yes it was! Especially when you ended up still eating all the cucumbers just to impress Taeyeon." Jessica's mouth opened in shock causing another round of laughter from her girlfriend. It was Jessica's turn to apologize to all the strangers who turned their heads at their direction.

"Yeah and you drank cucu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter