Out

I'm sorry, but I can't.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

---Saturday---

 

Yuri, Taeyeon and Yoona arrived in the Amusement park 30 minutes in advance. They didn't want to be the ones to keep Jessica waiting, or a least Yul didn't, so she nagged them to wake up and prepare real early. It was quite a windy and chilly afternoon and they were all wearing jeans and t-shirts. Taeyeon wore a jacket on top of it, while Yoona wore a scarf around her neck. Yuri didn't think any of those were necessary since in contrast to the 2 other girls, she was feeling really hot and she was already sweating because of nervousness.

"Do you think she'll come, Taeng?" Yuri asked nervously.

"She'll come."

"But why isn't she here yet?"

"Well we came way too early, that's why. Just be patient." 

"Oh. sorry 'bout that." Yuri suddenly felt guilty in making the 2 other girls hurry in order to arrive in the park early. She thought Jessica would be as much excited as she is for this day. Yoona, on the other hand, just chose to stand next to Taeyeon while waiting. She let out a huge puff of air and silently wished that her decision of agreeing to Yuri's offer would be worth it, even just a bit.

20 minutes later, the girl they've all been waiting for finally appeared near the gate.

"Hey guys."

The 3 girls all looked towards their right. Jessica was wearing skinny jeans and sleeveless top, which was pretty stylish. Her hairstyle was a bit different too, but it suited her a lot. Taeyeon stared at her for seconds then caught a glimpse of Yuri who had her jaw hung low. She was about to laugh at the girl, only to realize that she was also mirroring the same expression as her. Taeyeon quickly closed upon realizing it.

"H-hi Jessica." Yuri replied. 

"Hello." The tall girl greeted. 

"Hi." Taeyeon replied shortly. Jessica turned her head towards her and had the urge to glare at the tall girl who had her arm crossed with Taeyeon's arm.

"This is my cousin, Yoona." Taeyeon introduced. Yoona bowed and smiled shyly. Jessica found herself stupid all of a sudden. She was about to shoot lasers from her eyes to Taeyeon's cousin. She imediately smiled and bowed in return to avoid her awkwardness.

"Shall we go inside now?" Yuri offered and the 3 other girls nodded.

The girls looked around the place. There were different kinds of rides that looked so fun to ride on. Food stalls and restaurants were almost everywhere as well so they didn't have to worry if one of them suddenly felt hungry.

"Is it your first time here, Taeyeon?" Yuri asked her.

"Yes. It looks amazing."

"I agree. It's actually my first time too." Taeyeon looked at Yuri, seemingly finding any signs of lying, but the girl only looked back at her innocently.

"What? You don't believe me?" Yuri laughed. "I'm actually telling the truth." Taeyeon smiled at her friend.

"So we better spend our time here wisely. Let's do everything we can and have lots of fun!" The two girls giggled.

As Taeyeon looked around, she suddenly remembered one of the places she really wanted to go to, Disneyland. When she was still a kid, she always nagged her dad to take her there. His dad did promise her to take her there one day. But then, bad things happened.

"Taeyeon, are you okay?" Yoona called out. Taeyeon lifted her head up and noticed that she was a bit far behind from the other girls who all had their heads tilted back, looking at her.She didn't notice that she suddenly stopped walking while she was in deep thought. She jogged towards them in order to catch up.

"Yeah, I'm sorry." Yoona nodded.

"Shall we try the roller coaster first?" Yuri asked.

"Sure." Jessica replied. 

After Yuri bought their tickets, they proceeded to the ride. Jessica wanted to sit next to Taeyeon since each seat could fit 2 people but Yuri grabbed her hand before she could make her move.

"Sit here, Jessica." The girl had no choice but to sit beside Yuri while Yoona and Taeyeon sat next to each other behind them.

-

"This doesn't seem as scary as I thought it would be everytime I see it on televi-" Yuri turned her head towards Jessica and saw that she was looking quite scared so she just smiled and stopped talking.

"Woohoo! The wind is soo nice!" Yoona was screaming out of joy from time to time, clearly enjoying the ride.

Taeyeon, on the other hand, was calm on the outside, though she was secretely enjoying it on the inside. She could only smile at her cousin.

"Ahhhhhh!" Jessica screamed when the roller coaster turned upside down.

"Oh my God. I didn't know you could shout like that." Yuri tapped her right ear twice. 

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay." Yuri said before she laughed.

-

"Woaah that was awesome!" Yoona said as they all got out from their seats.

"Oh my God that totally made my stomach hurt." Jessica blurted out as she held her stomach.

"Did you have fun, Taeng?" Yuri asked with her arm still around Jessica's shoulders.

"Yeah.." Taeyeon forced a smile before looking away, feeling uncomfortable with Yuri's bold moves. Yoona's smile died down a bit when she saw Yuri's arm around Jessica's shoulders. 

"Let's just play carnival games in the booths for a while." Yuri said as she lead the way.

-

"Let's play basketball, Jessica." 

"I'm not really good at that. You can go ahead."

"Do you wanna play, Yoona?" Taeyeon asked her.

"It's okay. I think I'll pass for this game."

"I guess it's just you and me, Taeng" 

"Sure! Don't underestimate me, Yul." Taeyeon agreed even if Yuri had a high chance of winning because o her height advantage. Despite that, Taeyeon still got the skills in this game.

They had 1 minute to shoot as many balls in the hoop as they can. Each ball that successfully enters the hoop is equivalent to 2 points.

"Go!"

Yuri lead the game early. 16-8. She was confident that she was going to win the game. They continued shooting until the first 20 seconds passed. 28-24. As the game continued, Yuri noticed that the gap was decreasing. After 10 more seconds, Taeyeon was now leading. 34-38. Yuri couldn't believe it. She desperately tried to get the balls into the basket despite her shaking hands which increased the gap even more.

"You can do it, Yuri!" Yoona cheered. But despite Yoona's cheer, Yuri was looking at Jessica from time to time and wished that she would also cheer her on. Taeyeon noticed that her friend was doing this to impress Jessica. She also didn't miss out her cousin's constant rooting and cheering for her friend. Even though she wanted to impress Jessica as well, she wanted her friend to be happy so in the last 10 seconds, Taeyeon threw the balls carelessly, making it miss the hoop on purpose. In the end, 50-48, Yuri won.

"Yey! I won!" Yuri exclaimed.

"You were awesome, Yuri!" The girl looked to her right and saw Yoona greeting her excitedly. She waited for Jessica to greet her but she was surprised when Jessica approached Taeyeon first.

"It's okay, Taeyeon. You were amazing!"

Yuri noticed Taeyeon rub her nape shyly. Jessica then turned to her and greeted her too.

"Congrats." Jessica gave Yuri a small smile which made her smile as well, even if she seemed like she congratulated Taeyeon more.

-

"Let's try this, 'HiStriker'. Let's play on separate booths, 1 vs 1. Me against Taeng and Jessica versus Yoona.

"That seems cool." Yoona said as they proceeded to the next booth offering the same game.

"1,2,3......yaaah!" Yuri striked with the hammer, and managed to get the mark rise halfway towards the top.

"Wow Yuri, you're so strong." Taeyeon praised her friend.

"Your turn, Taeng." Yuri handed the hammer over to Taeyeon.

"1,2,3.....hmmph!" 

Taeyeon looked up to see that the mark barely made it half where Yuri's mark was.

"Too bad.." Taeyeon frowned before laughing it off.

"Congratulations, Yul!" Taeyeon shook Yuri's hand after she claimed her prize before they both looked over to the next booth to see how the 2 other girls' game went. They noticed a frowning Jessica and a happily-skipping Yoona head towards them.

"Soo let me predict the outcome.. Yoona won and Jessica lost." Taeyeon guessed.

"I second that." Yuri smiled as they approached the 2 girls.

"Yuri won our match, who won in yours?"

"Yoona did." Jessica answered flatly.

"Yuri, I... got something for you." Yoona handed a Rilakumma plush toy to Yuri. 

"You're giving this to me?" Yoona nodded.

"I actually like Rilakumma very much. I thought you'd find him cute too."

"Thank you." Yoona blushed a bit when Yuri actually smiled at her.

"I also won something." Yoona looked up at her, thinking that she was still tal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter