Is It Yours?

I'm sorry, but I can't.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh Taeng, you're here!" Yuri greeted as soon as Taeyeon opened the door. She was fiddling with her fingers while approaching the other girl.

"What was that about Yul?" Taeyeon crossed her arms and leaned against the door.

"I just wanted to ask her out."

"You're gonna ask her out??"

"Yeah.. is there something wrong with that?"

"N-none. None at all."

"So I'm guessing that she didn't give me an answer yet, right?" Taeyeon slowly nodded.

Yuri sighed before she turned to walk towards one of the couches in the living room.

"I had a feeling she wouldn't." Yuri grabbed her phone from the couch and tapped it a few times. She brought her phone up to her ear as Taeyeon watched her silently.

 

"Hello?"

"Hello Jessica?" Taeyeon unconsiously took a step forward when she heard Jessica's name.

"Do you need something?"

"Uhh... I know I already asked Taeyeon to tell you this but I wanted to be to ask you myself too... Would you like to hang out this Saturday?" Taeyeon looked away, not wanting to see her friend's expression if Jessica said yes or no even if she can't hear the girl from the other end of the line.

"What for?"

"J-just to break free from school work for a bit. You know, to have fun."

"For the whole day?"

"It depends.. i-if you want to."

"I dunno... I think I--"

"Taeng will come with us." Taeyeon quickly shot her head and looked at Yuri at the mention of her name. She noticed that the girl was already sweating and her hands were shaking, clearly nervous. 

"Tae..Taeyeon will come with us?"

"Y-yeah. So... do you want to?" Taeyeon was still looking confused and shocked at what was happening, and Yuri could only shoot her an "I'll explain later" look.

"Okay."

"R..really?"

"Time and place?"

"Amusement park at 1 pm. Will that be fine?"

"Yeah, it'll be fine."

"G-great! I'll s-see you on Saturday then." Yuri failed at her attempt not to stutter. 

"Bye."

"Bye." 

 

As soon as Yuri pressed the end button, she released the huge sigh she was keeping. She leaned against the wall as she calmed herself down.

"Yah!! What do you mean I'm coming with you??" Taeyeon marched towards Yuri with her closed fists at her sides.

"I'm so sorry Taeng, I didn't know what to do.. i-it seemed like she was going to reject my offer."

"So you want me to tag along while the both of you will have fun?"

"It's not like that, Taeyeon. I just thought she might disagree if it'll just be the both of us since she might be a little awkward with me."

"Of course she will feel a bit awkward. You just indirectly asked her out on a date. Have you even told her you liked her yet?"

"Not yet.." Taeyeon let out the sigh that she didn't know she was holding.

"... but tomorrow, I'll tell her." Taeyeon felt her chest tighten.

"But if you'll come with us, I just thought that it would make her feel a bit more comfortable since you two are closer." Yuri continued.

"And you thought my presence would make her agree?"

"Well.. it did." Taeyeon widened her eyes.

"She agreed?"

"Yeah. *phew, that was a close one."

"Why were you even sweating and shaking a while ago?"

"You never told me that she can be as cold as ice sometimes."

"As cold as ice?'

"I didn't understand how I was shivering but sweating at the same time. I got chills just by listening to her voice."

"I've never experienced that though."

"Well then, you're lucky. But you're coming with us, okay?"

"What? No!"

"You'll help me with this one, right?"

"Yul.."

"Come on Taeng, I already told Jessica that you'll be coming."

"Just tell her tomorrow that I didn't make it 'cause I had something else to do."

"And she'll think that I just lied to her to get her to come? Come on Taeyeon. Pleeaaaase."

"I don't wanna be a third wheel, Yul" Taeyeon crossed her arms as she looked away.

"Then... let's invite another one!" 

"Guys, I made you some orange juice" Yoona entered the living room with 2 glasses of orange juice on a tray. Yuri looked at Yoona, at Taeyeon, then back at Yoona.

"What?" Yoona was confused of Yuri's behavior. She looked back and forth between Yuri and Taeyeon as well, trying to figure out what was happening.

"Hey Yoona, would you like to hang out this Saturday?" the tray almost slipped out of Yoona's hold as she was caught off guard by Yuri's question. Thankfully, Yuri caught the other end of the tray and tried to balance the contents on it.

"Woaah hey, be careful. Are you okay?" Their fingers brushed a bit when Yuri reached to balance the tray. Taeyeon was observing her cousin's reaction all throughout.

"Y-yeah. What for?"

"Taeng needs a companion."

"Taeyeon's coming too?"

"Yeah, 'cause she said she doesn't want to be the third wheel with me and Jessica." 

"Oh." Yoona diverted her gaze from Yuri's eyes to Taeyeon's, and saw that the girl was already looking at her.

"Umm... I'll think about it. I'll go upstairs now. We still have homework in Ms. Lu's class."

"Oh. Yeah, I'll do it later."

"I'll do it now." Yoona pushed the tray towards Yuri and the other girl barely caught it properly. 

"Let me know, okay?" The 2 girls only heard a slight "mmm" as Yoona turned around and disappeared from the living room

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter