Deal

I'm sorry, but I can't.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Just a short update for ya'll. I hope you'll enjoy it. :) 

------

 

"Why are you crying?"

"I dunno. Why are you cr--" Jessica stopped when she realized that the last question didn't come from her own mouth.

She opened her eyes and saw Taeyeon's reflection in the mirror, standing by the door. 

Aiish. Now you're hallucinating. She closed her eyes for about 3 seconds before opening them again only to see the same reflection in the mirror. 

"No. You must be daydreaming, Jessica. Taeyeon can't be here. No wa--" 

"Why can't I be here?" The girl's facial expression in the mirror has now changed into a questioning and worried look.

This time, Jessica turned around for confirmation and Taeyeon was.indeed.there.

"Tae-taeyeon??"

"W-why are you crying, Jessica?" Taeyeon walked towards the crying girl with a worried expression.

"I-I'm not cr--" Jessica was cut off when the girl suddenly wiped her tears up with her thumb. Jessica froze at what Taeyeon just did. She felt the soft thumb against her skin. Jessica swore that at that moment, all her body's blood rushed up to her face.

"Jessica you're crying.. and you're turning red..... were the cucumbers really that bad?" 

Jessica almost laughed. She found it funny that Taeyeon thought she was crying because of the cucumbers. But the worried look on Taeyeon's face was so adorable that it made her smile instead.

Taeyeon was confused that Jessica suddenly smiled. But she would rather choose that than to see the girl cry.

"That's it. You look prettier when you smile." Taeyeon grinned.

Omo omo!! Sh...she just called me pretty? I would gladly smile for the rest of my life just to hear that from you and to see you grin like that. Jessica smiled wider as another tear escaped her eye.

"Hey hey, why are you crying again? By the way, I came to give you your handkerchief. You left it on the table. I-I just thought you'd need it here." 

"Thank you" Jessica reached for her handkerchief and wiped the lone tear.

"Don't worry, I'll scold Yul later for feeding you those cucumbers." Taeyeon laughed. "Come on, they're waiting for us." Taeyeon took her wrist and turned around.

Hearing that, Jessica remembered the reason why she came to the rest room in the first place. If she were to go back to that table, her heart might not take it anymore. 

"I-I think I'll go home now." Jessica replied, making Taeyeon stop in her tracks and turn around.

"You're going home?" Taeyeon asked with a somewhat shocked expression.

"Yeah." Jessica looked up to see how Taeyeon would react.

"Oh... okay." Taeyeon responded.

Okay? That's it? Won't you even beg me to stay for even a bit? Am I that unimportant to you, Taeyeon? Or is Tiffany all you care about? Jessica bowed her head as the negative thoughts and disappointments flooded her mind. Little did she know, tears started falling down her cheeks again.

"J-jessica, you're crying again. What can I do to make you stop crying?" Taeyeon pouted.

"Can you atleast tell me what or who made you cry?"

You. Jessica answered in her mind.

Taeyeon didn't know what to do. She was never good in comforting other people but for some reason, she just didn't like to see the person in front of her to cry. She thought hard.

"Jessica, do you remember the time you offered to walk me home?" Taeyeon asked.

"Y-yeah. What about it?" Jessica continued to look at the floor.

"Okay, let's have a deal... I-if you'll stop crying now............I'll walk you home."

This time, Jessica looked up and met Taeyeon's eyes.

"Y..y-you're serious??" 

"Yeah. Just stop crying. Think of it as my way of making up for the last time." Taeyeon gave a shy smile. "So... are you up for it?"

Jessica could feel her heart thumping loudly.

Taeyeon's going to walk me home (!!) She looks so worried though. If only she knows that her adorable pouting face is enough not to make me reject her request. But of course, this is it Jessica. This. is. it. Hurry up and answer before she changes her mind!! Jessica talked to herself in her mind.

"Deal." Jessica wiped her tears away as she saw Taeyeon smile again, this time revealing a cute dimple on her chin.

That's the cutest smile I've ever seen. Jessica was starting to gawk at Taeyeon when the other girl snapped her out of her thoughts.

"Come on, let's go back" Taeyeon grabbed Jessica's wrist once again and led her out of the bathroom back to their table.

"What took you guys so long?" Yuri asked as soon as they arrived. Jessica frowned when Taeyeon let go of her wrist before they sat down in their respective seats.

"Sorry" Jessica replied. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter