Admit It

I'm sorry, but I can't.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica felt a weight on her left arm which prevented her from moving. She felt scared at first, which caused her to open her eyes in reflex, ready to fight and shout at whoever intruded her on her bed. But her anxiousness left as fast as it came when she saw Taeyeon lying next to her. She now identified the weight on her left arm as Taeyeon's right arm wrapped over her. She wondered why Taeyeon was on the same bed as her, then she remembered about what happened last night. Last night. It was one of the worst nights of her life. Maybe even worse because Taeyeon was there to see it.  The last thing she remembered was that something was pressed against her forehead. She opened her eyes to ask Taeyeon what it was, and she said "... that was my good night ---".  She couldn't remember. Jessica had been taken into dream land 1 millisecond earlier to know what Taeyeon said next. 

Good night what? Jessica thought about certain possibilities.

Good night message?  Nope. That wouldn't explain what pressed against my forehead. It was warm and a bit moist. She thought harder until a certain idea popped into her mind.

Good night kiss?? She blushed hard. Really hard.

Could it be? No, it couldn't be. She looked at Taeyeon's face. She looks so adorable. Her eyes.... Her nose... her lips. 

You wish, Jessica. It wasn't her li--. Taeyeon suddenly shifted her right arm and pulled her closer.

Oh. my. God. Their faces were 3 inches away from each other, and Jessica could feel her heart beat... it's going crazy. She closed her eyes.

Dear heart of mine, please stop beating. No, I mean.. don't stop. Just slow down, please. Just as she thought that her heart beat was back to its normal pace, she opened her eyes and her heart went back to beating like crazy as the first thing she saw was Taeyeon's lips. 

It wasn't her lips. It wasn't a good night kiss. I was just joking about the good night kiss. Did she really... Jessica felt the need to breathe. Hard. But she couldn't. Or more like, she didn't want to. What if Taeyeon woke up? She decided not to move either because for some reason, she was enjoying the moment. Jessica decided that closing her eyes was the best option for it would remove her attention from Taeyeon's lips, for now. She was still sleepy after all. So just like that, she let herself succumb to sleep in Taeyeon's hold.

 

-

 

Taeyeon stirred in her sleep. She moved her right arm and felt something underneath. Taeyeon tried moving it slighty downwards and felt it carress against something smooth. She furrowed her brows as she tried to think what it may be. Her eyes slowly opened and was greeted by a face a couple of inches from her own. That was the first shock. The second one was that the eyes of the girl in front of her were slowly opening as well.

Omo!

Taeyeon's eyes almost popped out of their sockets by the close proximity of their faces. As her body's immediate response, she rolled the other way only to meet her cold and hard friend again - the floor.

"Ouch!.....Aghh." Taeyeon grunted as she hit the floor face-first, followed by the rest of her body. Once again, her stomach wasn't saved from the hard encounter with the floor while her fingers were crushed by her own body. 

Jessica had the exact same initial reaction as well. She didn't expect to wake up with Taeyeon's face a couple of inches from hers. It's as if their previous distance was reduced by another inch. Jessica wasn't sure whether she was the one who moved one inch closer or if it was Taeyeon.. or maybe the both of them. But she snapped back to reality when she heard Taeyeon groan. "T-Taeyeon?" Jessica scooted towards the edge of the bed, just enough for her head to peek down. "I'm sorry, did I push you off?" 

"No. I'm okay." Taeyeon turned her body around as she rubbed her face. She lifted her other hand to form a "thumbs up" sign but Jessica was quick to notice her shaking finger.

"Does your finger hurt? Give it to me." Jessica took Taeyeon's hand and gave a kiss on her thumb three times. Why three?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter