What Now?

I'm sorry, but I can't.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon and Yuri waited until another half hour has passed. Yuri was sitting on one of the couches, rubbing the skin around her wounded knuckles. Her knuckles were still bleeding but she could care less at the moment. Taeyeon, on the other hand, was walking back and forth the living room while glancing at the clock every now and then. Neither of them spoke for Yuri was feeling guilty and was afraid that she'll say something bad again and Taeyeon was getting really worried of her cousin's whereabouts. She took one more glance at the wall clock then she broke the silence.

"It's getting late. Why isn't she home yet?"

"I'll try calling her."

"No. I'll do it." Taeyeon pulled her phone out and dialed Yoona's number. It rang once, twice, thrice..

"Ugh. She's not answering."

"Maybe her phone is dead?" Yuri raised an idea but it just earned her a glare from Taeyeon.

"You better pray that nothing bad happened to Yoona." Taeyeon tried to contact Yoona once more but it was useless. The other end wasn't picking up. "I'll look for her." She stood up as she placed her phone back in her pocket.

"I'll come with you." Yuri stood up to follow her.

"No. You stay here. Tell me if she came back." Taeyeon said as she headed out of the door. She didn't have any idea where her cousin could be but she had to do something.

While walking, Taeyeon could hear footsteps behind her, but she turned her back only to see that there was no one. She looked back in front and started walking again, thinking that she must've been hearing things, but a few seconds later, she could hear the same footsteps several meters behind her. She turned back, but again saw no one.

Taeyeon knew that someone was following her so she ran forward and quickly hid behind the corner of an inward wall, hoping to catch who the person was. She could hear a person approaching while murmuring continuously.

"Damn! I lost her! Where could she-"

"A-ha!" Taeyeon jumped out from her hiding place and strangled the person's neck with her arm from behind.

"Hey! Let go!" Taeyeon loosened her arm a bit when she realized whose voice it belonged to.

"Sica?" Taeyeon removed her arm and turned her around. Just seconds after she saw Jessica's face, her chest began to throb in pain.

"Tae..Taengoo."

"What are you doing here?"

"I was... uhh.."

"You were following me, weren't you?"

"What?" Taeyeon crossed her arms and waited for her reply. 

"Fine." Jessica sighed as she looked up to Taeyeon's eyes. 

"Why were you following me? It's already late."

"It looked like you had a tough fight with Yuri earlier and... I just wanted to see you get home safely."

"You what?? So you followed me 'til I got home, waited for an hour, then followed me up until here?!"

"Y-yeah.."

"What's wrong with you?! You could've gotten yourself in danger!"

"I'm sorry, Taengoo. I was about to go home after an hour but then I saw you head out again. I wanted to check if you were about to do something stupid."

"Something stupid?" Jessica nodded.

Taeyeon shook her head and sighed. "Now you know where we live. I appreciate that you want to know I'm safe. Now go home, it's late."

"What are you doing out here anyway?"

"I'm looking for Yoona. She hasn't returned home yet. I don't think she's even that familiar of the surroundings near the amusement park. She hasn't been home for years."

"Really??" Jessica was shocked. She hasn't been able to keep her eyes on Yoona after Taeyeon walked out of the scene. "Wasn't she supposed to be with Yuri?" Jessica noticed the change on the other girl's face.

"Sorry. Are you both okay now? Did you talk it out?"

"Yeah.. but I told her I won't forgive her if something bad happens to my cousin. She probably said something to her too."

"Y-you're lip... it's still bleeding." Jessica noticed the the blood on the corner of Taeyeon's lower lip.

"Oh. I forgot to treat it earlier. I was busy pack-" Taeyeon almost blurted out that she packed her things up and was ready to leave the Kwon's house. Now she felt thankful that she didn't leave Yuri's house, or else, Jessica would've seen her.

"What?"

"N-nothing." She said as she wiped the blood with the back of her hand.

"You're wearing the Mickey mouse headband now! I- I thought Yuri took it a-"

"I'll go ahead." Taeyeon turned her back against Jessica and was about to walk away.

"Taengoo, wait!" Taeyeon stopped when she felt something wrapped over her shoulder.

"Your jacket. Thank you for lending it to me."

"No problem."

"And!" Taeyeon faced her again.

"I'm coming with you. I'll help you look for Yoona."

"You don't need to. I can do it myself. And it's late. I don't like you to walk home in the dead of the night."

"And so do I. I don't like you to walk around the neighborhood looking for Yoona alone. And besides, I can always take a cab."

Taeyeon knew that Jess

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter