Stay..... away?

I'm sorry, but I can't.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*Flashback*

 

*honk honk

"What's going on, ahjussi?", Tiffany asked her driver as he continued to honk the car. She checked the time in the car, it was already 6:45. They have been stuck in the same spot on the road for 25 minutes. 

"I think there's an accident along the way.I see the police line do not cross sign from here. We're gonna have to take a detour, ma'am."

"A detour?",Tiffany checked the time again, 6:46. She really wanted to go home. She wanted to lie on her bed after everything that happened that day. 

"Okay, let's go", and with that, the driver turned the car and headed on another lane. Finally, they were able to get out from traffic. 

I've never passed here before. Tiffany thought as she looked out the window. She looked at the night sky before trailing her eyes down until the pavements. 

Wow.. this seems like a peaceful neighborhood. Tiffany rested her head on the window, still looking outside. The houses were nice, and it was well lit with all the street lamps. 

 

Wait, what's that?, Tiffany's attention was caught by a figure of a limping person. But it wasn't just that. She also noticed that the person was wearing the same uniform as she is. As their car approached closer, the person's figure became clearer.

I-is that....... Taeyeon? Tiffany squinted her eyes to get a better look when suddenly, the person fell on the ground.

"Ahjussi! pull over that side please!" Tiffany panicked as she saw the girl attempt to stand up but failed miserably. As soon as the car was parked, she quickly got out and ran towards the now passed out girl.

"Taeyeon.. Taeyeon! Can you hear me?" Tiffany lightly shook the girl but got no response. As she saw the blood seeping through the bandages, she got even more scared.

"Please help me take her to the car.", she told her driver and they made way to the car. Tiffany stayed in the back seat to monitor if Taeyeon woke up once in a while. 

What were you doing out there, Taeyeon? Weren't you supposed to be at the school clinic resting? Tiffany frowned as she shifted in her seat to give more space for Taeyeon to lie on.

They arrived at the Hwang residence as the driver got Taeyeon out of the car. 

"I'll take her to one of the guest rooms now, miss". the driver spoke.

"Thank you ahjussi" 

"Oh dear, who is that?", one of the maids asked Tiffany.

"She's my friend, ajumma."

"I see. What happened to her?"

"I don't know, I saw her on the side of the street but she was already unconcscious. But please call the family doctor. I'm really worried.", the maid nodded in response.

Tiffany hurriedly went inside her room to change into her home clothes and picked a few clothes for Taeyeon to change in as well.

She then went to one of the guest rooms where Taeyeon is but stopped outside the door. She looked down at the clothes that she was holding. 

Should I? 

 

"Tiffany dear, I already called the doctor. he said he'll be here in 15 minutes.", the maid said when she appeared.

"Oh. Thank you so much, aunt Mary"

"What are you doing with those clothes?" The maid asked her, confused.

"I--I...umm..I ..."

"Oh, were you planning to change her clothes?"

"Mwo? a-aaniyo, I--I just"

"By the way, I cooked some soup. Why don't you eat downstairs first? I'll be the one to change her clothes, if you're so shy about it."

"Aunt Mary!"

Aunt Mary sheepishly smiled as she took the clothes from Tiffany and entered the room.

Tiffany hurriedly ate her soup as she was too nervous thinking about Taeyeon. She placed her bowl in the sink and hurried to the guest room. She was about to twist the doorknob but it suddenly opened, revealing aunt Mary with Taeyeon's uniform.

"I'll put these in the wash. Is there anything you need?"

"No aunt Mary, thank you so much." Tiffany smiled and entered the room. She slowly sat on the side of the bed.  Tiffany observed Taeyeon's state.. she has bandages on her face. She also noticed that her cheeks were really swollen and had bruises. Her eyes were dark and swollen, and she had wounds on her arms. She looked so... fragile.

Tiffany furrowed her brows and mumbled. Nichkhun...

A knock on the door broke Tiffany out of her trance.

"Miss Tiffany, Dr. Kang is here", aunt Mary shouted from the other side of the door. Tifany hurriedly opened the door to let the doctor in. 

"Good evening Dr. Kang" Tiffany bowed as a greeting.

"Good evening Tiffany-ssi. It's been a while. What's the matter, are you sick?"

"No doc, I'm fine. But will you please check on my friend? She passed out earlier and she has multiple wounds and bruises. Did you bring anything that'll treat and clean her wounds? I know she was already brought to the school clinic earlier, but I found her on the side of the road with blood seeping through her bandages, can you please make sure that she'll be okay?" Tiffany sounded desperate, even. 

"All right, I'll go and check on her. I'll see what I can do." The doctor smiled as he proceeded inside the room. Tiffany closed the door as she waited outside. She proceeded to the living room to sit down for a while but she can't get her mind off Taeyeon. Will she be okay? 10 minutes later, she got up and decided to wait outside the guest room. Tiffany was walking back and forth in order to shake her nervousness off.

After which seemed like another 5 minutes, the door opened and the doctor came out with his case. 

"Dr. Kang, how is she?" Tiffany jumped up and asked the doctor right away. 

"I already replaced her bandages and I also applied ointments on her wounds. Like you said, she does have multiple wounds specifically on her arms. Her cheeks are swollen. Also, her body is really weak right now so she should have proper rest. I gave her pain killers so she won't feel that much pain tonight but you have to make sure to let her take her medicine after she eats. Don't make her skip meals especially tonight. But other than that, she'll be fine." The doctor smiled after she saw Tiffany sigh in relief.

"Thank you so much doc. You don't know how much this means."

"It's no problem, Tiffany.Your family can always contact me whenever you need me."

Tiffany smiled as she led Dr. Kang out the door. After he left, She hurriedly went to the kitchen to get another bowl of soup then proceeded to the guest room. Tiffany placed the bowl of soup on the bedside table as she sat down on the side of the bed. She looked at the sleeping girl on the bed and contemplated whether she should wake the girl up or not, but remembering what the doctor told her, she slowly brought her hand up and shook Taeyeon's arms lightly.

"Taeyeon... Taeyeon, wake up."

...

"Taeyeon"

"mmm..mhh"

"Taeyeon.." Tiffany shook a little harder.  This time, Taeyeon's eyes slowly opened.

"Mm..uhhh..ahh......Tif..a...whaa?" Taeyeon's eyes suddenly opened wide and stared at Tiffany's face.

"W-where am I??" Taeyeon asked as she looked around the room."

"You're in my house." Tiffany replied.

"I-I'm in your what??" 

"You're in my house, Taeyeon."

"Why am I here?"

"I saw you pass out on the side of the road. What were you doing there anyway? I thought you were brought to the clinic?" Tiffany noticed the change in Taeyeon's face. She was really curious of what happened and why she was on the street but she decided not to pry any further.

"Umm, I brought you some soup. The doctor said you shouldn't skip your dinner. Come on, I'll help you sit up." Tiffany then carefully helped Taeyeon into a sitting position, with her back resting on the headrest. Then she took the soup from the bedside table as she blew on the first scoop of soup.

"Here you go, say ahh." Tiffany held the spoon close to Taeyeon's mouth.

Taeyeon's eyes widened and it was too late for Tiffany to realize how awkward her action was. Her cheeks heated up. She was also surprised as to what she had done, but she was even more surprised when Taeyeon opened to take it in. 

"Thanks." Taeyeon smiled shyly.

Tiffany didn't know what to do next but it seemed like Taeyeon understood as she took the spoon and bowl from Tiffany's hold.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter