Feelings

I'm sorry, but I can't.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hello guys! Sorry it took a while. Life was hectic with all those final exams and culminating activities. >_< But no worries, I can now update more frequently since... summer vacation just started! ^_^ (at least, for us)
I'm sorry for the long wait, but I hope this chapter will make up for my absence. :) Enjoy reading!

 

-------

 

Taeyeon was stil dazed from what happened earlier. 

"But tell me Taeyeon, how did you and Jessica end up locked inside the Arts room?" Tiffany asked and looked at the girl beside her, waiting for her to answer at least one out of the many questions that she has been throwing. Tiffany has been talking to Taeyeon for a couple of minutes already while walking, but Taeyeon still couldn't seem to get a certain girl off her mind.

"Let's eat in the cafeteria first." Tiffany offered. But as they reached the hall leading to the cafeteria, Taeyeon suddenly stopped in her tracks, which caused Tiffany to look back at her and stop as well.

"What's the matter, Taeyeon?" Tiffany tilted her head to the side, wondering what may have caused the other girl to stop. Taeyeon looked up at her a couple of seconds later, before slowly opening to talk.

"I'm sorry. I... still have to go somewhere."

"Oh. Okay." Tiffany replied, a bit sad that Taeyeon declined her offer. The latter bowed before she turned around and swiftly ran outside the hall. She quickened her pace as she tilted her head from left to right, trying to spot a certain girl. She decided to take a run around the campus when she had a gut feeling that she was going to find who she was looking for when she did so.

Taeyeon stopped to catch her breath as she saw someone sitting under the big tree outside the cafeteria.

"Sica!" She shouted. The said girl looked up from the distance and was met with her shocked eyes. Taeyeon ran until she reached the tree. As she took a couple of steps closer, Jessica stood up and turned her back at her.

Taeyeon placed her hand on her shoulder. 

"Let's talk."

"What's there to talk about?"

Taeyeon reached for her shoulders and turned her back around to face her. But as soon as Jessica saw her face, she shrugged her hands off and ran away. 

"Hey! Jessica!" Taeyeon wasted no time and ran after her. Jessica almost reached the gate so she decided to call out again.

"Sica! Come back!" 

And for some reason, Jessica slowed down just as she reached the gate.

*Come back!*.....*Jessica, come back here!*

"Aaaargh!" Jessica supported herself by pushing her arm against the wall as she began to feel the pain throbbing in her head.

*Come back!*... *Jessica*

"No!"  

Taeyeon noticed the change in Jessica posture as she reached the gate and she began to support the girl's weight.

"No! I don't want to!" Jessica shouted.

"Sica, what's wrong??" Taeyeon worriedly asked.

"Aaaaaargh! Noo! Get away!" 

*Come back here, you little girl!*

"Stay away from me!"

"It's okay. I won't hurt you.. I won't. Shhhh." Taeyeon hugged her and started to her hair until she calmed down. 

"Does it still hurt?" 

Jessica slowly shook her head against Taeyeon's shoulder and gave a sniff. The latter smiled at that. Taeyeon slowly guided her outside the school gate and hailed a cab. The other girl was too tired to resist and too tired to even hear where Taeyeon instructed the driver to take them. She allowed herself to continue resting on Taeyeon's shoulder as they moved. 

 "Taeyeon, are we going home?" Jessica asked as her eyes were still closed.

"Yes."

Jessica allowed herself to continue resting for a few more minutes before she slowly opened her eyes and lifted her head off Taeyeon's shoulder. She began to feel awkward as she shuffled away from Taeyeon. She then looked at the surroundings outside the window and realized something.

"Hey wait... this isn't the way home. Where are we going?" Jessica asked as she tried to see if she could recognize any landmarks along the road. She found the surroundings familiar but she couldn't remember. Taeyeon only smiled at her. 

"We're here. Please stop now, mister." The taxi driver did as told and pulled up. Jessica looked at the other window and realized where they were.

"You said we're going home!" 

"We are home, come on." Taeyeon took Jessica's wrist and pulled her out of the vehicle before the latter could even react.

"I was referring to 'my' home, not yours!" Jessica tried pulling away but Taeyeon gripped tighter until they successfully got inside. Taeyeon led them to the couch and made the other girl sit next to her.

"Your headaches look like they're getting worse." Taeyeon started.

"Why did you bring me here?" Jessica crossed her arms, not bothering to respond coherently towards Taeyeon's statement, and not bothering to look at her either.

" 'cause if I brought you to your home, then you would shut the front door on my face before I could even follow you inside and ask you to talk." Jessica didn't reply, for she knows that what Taeyeon said would've happened.

"We have to talk."

"Talk about what?"

The atmosphere suddenly became awkward before Taeyeon continued the conversation.

"Y-you like me?" Taeyeon shyly asked. 

"and about what happened earlier..." Taeyeon took a deep breath "... the kiss." 

Jessica went red and turned her body away from Taeyeon, not wanting the latter to see her body's reaction. But what she didn't know was that Taeyeon's body felt really hot by just mentioning about the kiss.

"What about it?" Jessica let out.

"W-why-"

Jessica scoffed and stood up before she headed towards the door. "Wait!" Taeyeon quickly stood up and grabbed her wrist. Jessica turned her head towards Taeyeon. "I already told you. Yes, I like you! I liked you every since the day I knocked the Nichkhun guy under the tree. I don't like it when you get hurt! I like the way you pronounce my name, and how you call me 'Sica'! I like how you captivate me with those innocent puppy eyes of yours! I like the way you hug me and my hair whenever I'd have those damn headaches, telling me that everything's gonna be okay! I like the way my heart reacts everytime I see you or even hear your name! I like that it's your face I see whenever I'm scared! You save me everytime I'm in distress and in danger! My heart breaks whenever you're with someone else, when you keep pushing me to Yuri and when you freaking ignore me like I don't exist at all!" Jessica paused to catch her breath. 

"...And I kissed you because I couldn't control it anymore. I wanted to pour my feelings out. I wanted to let you feel how I feel for you.. But I'm not even sure if I was  successful in making you realize that. " ..."I just like you, Kim Taeyeon." Jessica's eyes started to water.  Taeyeon bowed her head as she tried to process everything.

"But you made me confused. You made me soo confused. There were times when I thought you might like me back. There were times when I thought you were going to kiss me, only for you to pull back. Why can't you feel it? I can't believe you're this dense! Why did you even let me kiss you? And why did you even kiss me back?! You could've just pushed me away!"

Jessica turned around once more as she reached for the door knob. Taeyeon broke from her trance as she noticed Jessica walking away from her again. "Sica! Why do you keep on walking out from this conversation?"  She grabbed her wrist once more, making her turn to her.

"Because I don't want to hear you rejecting me!" Jessica raised her voice.

Taeyeon widened her eyes at that.

"I don't want to hear you saying that you like someone else.. and that you don't like me back.." Jessica sniffed. "I don't want to hear you saying that you don't feel the same way for me...I'm not sure I can take it." Tears started falling from her eyes

Taeyeon was left speechless and paralyzed. Jessica shrugged Taeyeon's hand and again attempted to run. Taeyeon barely had a second to spare to take everything in, but she didn't want to let this chance pass so she quickly reached for Jessica's shoulders and pulled her towards her, keeping her hands firmly on her shoulders.

"What if I was the one who did it to you?" Taeyeon let out.

Jessica furrowed her brows at her statement.

".. What if I was the one who initiated this?" Taeyeon brought her hands up to cup Jessica face and slowly leaned in. She closed her eyes as the gap of their lips decreased. But then she heard a gasp, which didn't come from her, nor Jessica. She shot her eyes open and looked at her side, only to see Yuri's shocked face. Jessica was shocked as well.

"Y-yul?" Taeyeon widened her eyes. She looked at Yuri, Jessica, then back to Yuri. Oh no. Jessica used this chance to rush towards the door.

"Yuri.." Taeyeon took one step closer towards her best friend, but Yuri turned around and dashed up the stairs. "Yul! Wait!" Yuri was heading towards her room, but Taeyeon stopped her just before she could enter the door. Yuri was facing her door, her back facing Taeyeon, with her arm against the wall, supporting her weight.

"Yul, Listen to me.. I know we've already talked about this.. a-and we even fought about this. Please don't think of me as a traitor. I really did my best in getting her to like you."

"Yeah, right. Then now you even attempted kissing her in front of me." Yuri s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter