Together

I'm sorry, but I can't.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon's hands were nervously sweating and shaking inside her coat's pocket. She was waiting for Jessica inside the restaurant they were supposed to eat at. She texted her the address a few hours back, and now, 30 minutes before the scheduled time of the meet up, she was already at the venue for she didn't want to be late for their date. Yes, date. At least for Taeyeon, it was a date. She could just hope that they were on the same page. 

Her hands reached to the back of her seat just to feel if the thing she placed there earlier was still in its place, before she turned her head and smiled. Taeyeon wanted to make the girl's heart flutter, and she has the rest of the day to do it. She then immediately let go and turned her head back when she heard a sweet voice calling out her name.

"Taengoo-yah"

"Sica"

Taeyeon's wide grin appeared when she looked into her eyes. She was really happy to see her. The other girl smiled back but it was replaced with confusion and she looked at her watch.

"Am I late?"

"Ah no, no! You're just on time."

"Then why are you sweating so much?"

"It's nothing ah.. my coat. That's right. I should remove my coat." Taeyeon removed her coat to support her lie. The truth was that she was sweating because she was really nervous that Jessica might decide not to come at the last minute. Now that she showed up, she was feeling ecstatic.

"Are you okay, Taeyeon? You're shaking. Are you feeling sick? This is the air conditioner's fault, isn't it?" Jessica reached over and touched her forehead.

"I'm okay."There was a tiny smile that formed on Taeyeon's face as she witnessed Jessica's concerned face up close.

"Now you're smiling. Are you sure you're okay, Taeyeon? If you're feeling sick we can just cancel this-"

"No. No way. I'm perfectly fine." Taeyeon gave a genuine smile and tried to stop shaking to convince the other girl.

"Okay then. If you say so." Jessica was confused but decided not to ask any more questions. 

Taeyeon took a deep breath as her right hand reached behind her back. She smiled as her fingers touched the stem, ready to pull it out.

"Sica, I have something f-"

"Jessica, you didn't tell me you were gonna be here." A man with a deep voice appeared and interfered with Taeyeon's speech.

"Tyler.." Jessica looked up with a shocked expression.

"You weren't answering my texts over the past few days so I flew here to look for you. And I guess luck was on my side when I saw you."

Taeyeon furrowed her brows as she looked back and forth between Jessica and the man named Tyler. Her hand behind her back tightened its grip around the stem.

"Here, I got you this." Tyler brought out a bouquet of flowers for Jessica to take. Taeyeon stared at the bouquet for a couple of seconds. Her hand started to shake, and she decided to tuck the thing she's been holding in her pants behind her back. She was embarrassed. The man looked very rich. He was tall and masculine too. Who was this guy? Why did he give Jessica flowers? Who was he in Jessica's life?

"Tyler, you don't have to do this. You know that." 

"Well, just in case your mind changes."

"It won't."

"I won't leave 'til you take these." Jessica unwillingly took the flowers to shut him up.

"Please leave, can't you see that I'm with someone right now?" Tyler turned his head towards the very confused Taeyeon.

"Oops. My bad. I'm sorry I didn't notice you earlier. My name's Tyler. Jessica's-"

"Enough. Go now please." Jessica was literally pushing Tyler away. The man turned to wink at her before walking out of the restaurant. With a deep sigh, Jessica averted her attention back to the girl in front of her. She had her head down, and her fists were weakly balled on top of the table.

"Taeyeon.." The chair squeaked back as Taeyeon stood up and wore her coat.

"Where are you going?" 

"You're right, I think I'm feeling sick. I'm going home." Taeyeon's voice was lifeless and weak. She dragged her feet all the way out of the restaurant before Jessica came back to her senses and went after her.

"Taeyeon! Taeyeon, wait." Jessica held onto Taeyeon's right wrist, preventing her from walking any further.

"What's wrong? Is this about Tyler?" Taeyeon remained quiet. "I don't like him, okay? I met him in America and our dads once planned to get us married but I already said no years ago. Up til now he still likes me but trust me, it's all one- sided. I don't like to reply to his texts because I want him to stop pushing his luck on me."

"He's rich, tall, handsome... he even gave you that bouquet of expensive flowers, while I just have this with me." Taeyeon brought out the rose she's been hiding since she arrived. "I'm embarrassed 'cause he probably bought that from an expensive flower shop while I just took this from the flowers me and Yul were growing at home." Jessica stared at the bouquet Tyler gave her, then to the flower Taeyeon was holding. She scanned the surroundings before she approached a nearby trash bin and threw the bouquet inside. She walked back to the shocked girl and smiled. 

"Now, are you ready to give me that rose?" Taeyeon blinked twice before her hand shakily moved forward towards Jessica. The latter happily took it before launching herself forward to pull the girl in her arms.

"Thank you, Taengoo. It's so pretty." Jessica released the girl before she closed her eyes and sniffed the rose with a smiling face.

"B-but the bouquet was prettier.." Taeyeon was confused.

"Taengoo, I don't care about that bouquet. I love this rose more because you grew and took care of it yourself and plus, it came from you. Other people can give me thousands of roses but I would still choose this rose just because it's from you." Taeyeon could now smile, albeit shyly.

 

The two of them decided that they weren't too hungry and started walking around the neighborhood. They exchanged some stories, and Jessica would slap Taeyeon's shoulder from time to time because the latter would . Taeyeon chuckled before she stopped in her tracks when she realized that they were in front of their school gate. She looked at Jessica then smiled. Jessica had a different reaction, a confused one. The shorter girl grabbed her hand and started running towards the entrance of the gate.

"Yah! Where where you going? We can't go inside."

"Of course we can" Taeyeon grinned then faced the guard. "two alumni, here for visitation purposes". The security guard nodded before he gave them two visitor's passes. The two girls clipped the passes on their shirt then entered. 

They walked side by side around the campus as they tried to take in the school which they've both studied in. Jessica turned to the girl next to her and noticed her focused in front, but smiling.

"Why did you take us here, Taeyeon?" The other girl looked at her and laughed.

"Because I wanted to go back to the place where we first met each other."

Jessica stopped in her tracks, leaving Taeyeon confused. "In that case, may I lead the way?" It was Jessica's turn to lead.

-

"Smile, Taengoo" Jessica snapped a picture of the two of them. They were now sitting under the familiar tree they've always hanged out a few years back. "I don't have the pictures we took here before anymore so I wanted to take a new one.

"It's okay. I still have those pictures here." Taeyeon took her phone out, and with just a press of the power button, the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter