Special Day

I'm sorry, but I can't.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hello, hello~~ I'm back! Dide you guys miss me? *cricket noises*
I thought about whether I should divide this into 2 chaps, but I chose not to. Haha. So I'll leave you with the LONGEST CHAPTER yet to make up for my long absence. I hope you'll enjoy this update! ;)) I love you guys so much. Thank you for the continuous love and support. ^_^

------
 

 

"Why did you bring me here, Tiffany?" Jessica asked as they entered the school clinic.

"The doctor would like to check if you still are in the condition to join the swimming team. After your accident the last time, your coach asked me if we could at least make sure that you're already in condition before they consider to enlist you again for the team's next training and competition." Tiffany replied before the doctor smiled at them.

"Good afternoon ladies. You must be Miss Jessica Jung, correct?" 

"Yes, doc."

"I remember you. So is she here for me to check on her, miss Hwang?" 

"Yes. Please make sure that she's okay."

"I see.. miss Jung, this way please." the doctor smiled as Jessica followed him to one of the cubicles. 

"Please sit down." the doctor instructed as he also sat down in front of her. He grabbed Jessica's student health record from one of the drawers and flipped to the page where Jessica's last visit was recorded. Next, he placed his hands on Jessica's head and began applying pressure to different areas, asking her if it hurts. Jessica would reply "no" every single time. After that, the doctor went back to his seat and took out his pen. He scribbled some things on the health record before he spoke up again.

"So Jessica, have you felt anything different since that day?"

"No doc. I didn't feel anything different."

"How about nausea, vomiting or... headaches?"

"N-no.."

"Even head pains? Never?"

Jessica gulped a good amount of saliva before answering.

"Never, doc."

The doctor looked at her for a couple of seconds before scribbling something down on the record. He closed it soon after then looked at her again.

"Well if that's the case then there's no reason for you not to be included in the next swimming competition. I don't also see any reason why we should do any more tests. You sounded pretty sure and confident with your answers so I assume that you're really fine, right miss Jung?"

"O-of course." Jessica stuttered with her answer.

"But if you feel something abnormal, feel free to visit and tell me, okay? You may go now."

"Yes doc. Thank you so much." Jessica stood up from her seat and hurriedly made her way out the cubicle.

"Jessica.." 

"Yes doc?" Jessica turned around after the doctor called her.

"Your eye bags are very evident today and your eyes look like they're a bit swollen. You also seem to be sweating a lot today. Are you sure you're okay?"

"I'm okay, doctor. School works just got piled up so I kinda crammed last night" Jessica lied.

"Oh. Don't overwork yourself, miss Jung."

Jessica smiled at the doctor and gave him a bow before exiting the cubicle. Tiffany spotted her and stood up from her seat. 

"So, how did it go?"

"It was fine. We didn't really do anything."

"I see. I assume you're perfectly okay?"

Jessica smiled and nodded. 

"That's good. I'll inform your coach about it."  Tiffany returned the smile. "Umm by the way.. could you please help me with a little something in the student council office?" 

"Oh sure."

Jessica and Tiffany proceeded to the office.

"I need help in carrying those boxes to the other room. I need to look for the cans of paint which the art club will be using for tomorrow."

"Isn't anyone from the student council still around to help you with this?"

"Well, I guess not. It's already a bit late anyway."

"Oh okay. We can do this!" Jessica smiled.

Tiffany pointed at the 4 big boxes that they needed to move to the other room, then they started working on it. The 2 girls lifted the 1st 3 boxes together. After the 3rd one, Tiffany decided to check the contents of the 3rd box, where she suspected that the cans of paint to be in.

"Hey Tiff, I'll go get the other box, okay?"

"But that's heavy, Jessica. Just give me a minute to check this."

"No, it's okay. It's a bit smaller than the other boxes."

"Oh. Be careful, okay?" 

Jessica nodded before she went back to the student council room to get the last box. It was a bit heavy, but she could manage. But before Jessica could take a couple of steps, the underside of the box flew open and cans of paint fell from the box. Some of the cans of paint spilled on the floor, while one can of white paint spilled on Jessica's uniform. Tiffany rushed back to the other room as soon as she heard cans clinking on the floor.

"Oh my God.. Jessica!" She ran to grab the box from Jessica then she set it down on the floor. Tiffany grabbed some tissues from its box on her table and tried to wipe the paint off Jessica's blouse.

"T-tiffany.. the paint.. I'm..."

"No, I'm sorry. It's my fault. I shouldn't have asked you this anyway. I have an extra uniform in my locker. I'll just get it." Tiffany ran and took her uniform from her locker before returning to the room and giving it to Jessica.

"Here. I'm so sorry." Worry and guilt was evident in Tiffany's voice and Jessica tried to assure the other girl that it was okay. 

"You can change in that room." Tiffany pointed at the door of another room, which was the storage room or the lost and found room of the student council office. "I'll clean up this mess for the meantime. There are cans of thinner in here." 

"O-okay" Jessica took the clothes then proceeded to the storage room. 

She changed her skirt first, as more paint was spilled on it. Then she changed her blouse. She was buttoning her blouse up from the top when suddenly, the door opened.

"Jessica did you bring the box of tis--" Tiffany suddenly stopped and widened her eyes. Jessica, who was facing the door, thought that the other girl stopped because she walked in while she was still changing.

"It's okay Tiffany. I was almost done buttoning my shirt. And we're both girls, right?" Jessica let out a giggle. "And as for the box of tissues, I think I placed it on the third ch-"

"Okay, got it!" Tiffany quickly closed the door. Jessica spaced out for a few seconds, wondering why Tiffany suddenly acted weird. She was almost done changing anyway. If there's anything Tiffany saw, it was only her stomach, nothing to worry about. She shrugged it off after a while as she folded her stained uniform.

On the other side of the door, Tiffany leaned against the table as her breath became uneven.

"No.. no.. it can't be." Tiffany closed her eyes tightly and started shaking her head.

"It can't be her."

"What can't be her?" Tiffany turned around as Jessica's voice startled her.

"N-nothing."

"Why do you look like you've just seen a ghost?... and you're not done with cleaning the spilled paint yet. Let me hel-"

"No!"

Jessica got surprised.

"I-I mean.. I'll.. handle this. I'll clean this up. Thank you so much. You can go. And I'm so sorry once again." Tiffany said as she began wiping the floor.

"If you say so.. I'll go ahead?'

"Yeah. Be safe."

"Thanks. You too." And with that, Jessica closed the door behind her and began walking down the stairs.  She wondered what might've occurred  with Tiffany earlier but that was soon forgotten when she spotted a smiling Taeyeon who stood up straight from leaning on the wall as soon as she saw her descend from the stairs.

"I'm sorry. Did you wait for too long?"

"No, it's okay." Taeyeon smiled. "Shall we go?"

Jessica nodded as they both made their way outside the building. When they reached the gate, Jessica held Taeyeon's wrist to stop her from walking.

"Umm Taengoo.."

"Hm?"

"Is it okay if we walk around for a  while? I mean, I know you probably have many things to do or you probably don't want to but I just... miss you." Jessica bowed her head when she felt her blush a bit.

Taeyeon smiled as she pushed Jessica's chin up to meet her eyes. "Sure. Where do you want to go?"

Jessica's eyes flickered in happiness as the corners of her lips curved up into a smile. "Let's go to the park."

-

Taeyeon and Jessica sat down on the grass in front of a pond while looking at the sunset in the sky. They decided to rest after walking around the park.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" Taeyeon spoke up while watching the sunset.

"I agree." Jessica replied as she stared at Taeyeon's side profile. But not as beautiful as you. 

"Taeyeon, can I ask you something?" 

"What is it?"

"What will you do if someone likes you, but you like someone else?"  Taeyeon was thankful that she was still looking at the sunset 'cause she felt Jessica's stare pierce through her soul. She took a deep breath before anwering.

"Follow your heart. You can't teach your heart who to love.... same as with your dreams, if you want something, you should fight for it... you should go and get it. If you won't fight for it, you will never have it."

It took Taeyeon quite some time before she realized why Jessica asked her such question. She guessed that the other person must be Yuri, but she doesn't know who the person that Jessica likes is.

"All right. I'll remember that." Jessica didn't know why but she was smiling after Taeyeon said that. She felt very brave at the moment so she scooted closer and laid her head on Taeyeon's shoulder. Taeyeon tensed up at first, but she relaxed after a while. The feeling of Jessica's head on her shoulder just felt so right, but so wrong at the same time. The person you like is very lucky to deserve your love. They stayed like that for a while before they said goodbye to each other.

 

-

 

On the way to school the next day, Taeyeon passed by a sidewalk vendor selling cute keychains, dolls, and many more. She decided to stop and take a look.

"Good morning young lady!" the ahjumma greeted.

"Good morning." Taeyeon bowed. Her eyes scanned through the items until something caught her eye. She picked it up and looked at it a little closer then smiled. 

"Ahjumma, how much is this? I'll take it."

-

"Taengoo!" Taeyeon turned around and spotted a cheerful Jessica approaching her.

"Hi Sica!" Jessica smiled even wider when Taeyeon greeted her back.

"Someone looks extra happy today. Care to share?" 

"Are you free later after classes?"

"Later? Why?"

"Are you?"

"Well.."

"Pleaaase." Jessica pouted and pleaded with her hands. Taeyeon couldn't look at the cute sight before her without blushing so she gave in.

"Fine. Where are we going?"

"Come with me to my house."

"And Why??"

"Have dinner with me."

"Why???"

"Taengoo, stop asking so many questions. Just say yes. Pleaase. Just for today." Jessica was shaking Taeyeon's left arm, begging her to come.

"All right.. I'll text auntie Kwon and Yuri that I'll be home late later."

"Yeeey! Thank you Taeyeon!"

"You're Wel-"

"Come on! We'll be late for class!" Jessica said as she pulled Taeyeon along with her towards their room.

-

"Taengoo!" Jessica approached Taeyeon after the lunch bell rang. "Let me treat you for lunch."

"Why? I brought my lunch today. Yoona made me a sandwich. It'll be a waste if-"

"You can eat it a little later. But let me treat you lunch. Please? Just for today."

"You already used the last two sentences earlier."

Jessica whined using her cute voice, trying to convince Taeyeon to treat her lunch for that day.

"Fine. But nothing too expensive, okay?"

"Okay!" Jessica ran towards the counter while Taeyeon could only smile and shake her head.

After 5 minutes, Jessica appreached Taeyeon holding a tray containing their lunch. She bought spaghetti and soda for the both of them.

"I'll help you." Taeyeon took the tray from Jessica.

"Thank you." 

Taeyeon was about to lead them towards one of the cafeteria tables but Jessica stopped her.

"Umm.. where are you going?" 

"To look for a table for us?" Taeyeon raised an eyebrow at Jessica.

"Nu-uhh.. we're sitting there." Taeyeon followed the direction where Jessica's finger was pointing at and widened her eyes as soon she realized where she was pointing at.

"No way! No. That place is too dirty for you to eat lunch on."

"Says the girl who eats her lunch everyday under that tree."

"Let's just eat here in the cafeteria. It's cleaner. That place is full or garbage."

"Why do you bother eating there anyway when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter