Friendships

I'm sorry, but I can't.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I'm sorry Yuri, but I like someone else."

Yuri felt like a knife just stabbed her heart. She dropped the bouquet of flowers and stuffed toy she was holding as she rapidly blinked her eyes, fighting the tears that were slowly forming in it.

Taeyeon looked at her friend worriedly as she tried to endure the undeniable feeling of her own heart aching. There was a long pause before Yuri spoke up again.

"N..no..you just said that because of the bad timing. Y-yyou don't have to give me an answer now.” Yuri shifted her gaze from Jessica to Taeyeon.

“No it’s not. I really like someone else, I’m sorry.”

“Is that what Taeyeon made you tell me?”

“W..what?” Jessica asked in surprise.

“Who is it?” Yuri took a step closer to Jessica.

“It’s.. none of your business!” Jessica stuttered under Yuri’s intimidating stare.

”This is all your fault!” Yuri lunged forward to grab Taeyeon’s shirt, but Yoona caught her arm and held her back.

“Why are you even mad at her?!” Jessica asked.

“I saw her pinning you to the car and was about to kiss you!” Yuri tried to break free but Yoona was strongly holding her back from doing anything.

“What?? I wasn’t! I was only blowing air into her eyes.” Taeyeon defended herself.

“Yeah, right!” Yuri broke free from Yoona and lunged forward, roughly pulling Taeyeon to stand up.

“Did you plan all of this?! You wandered off on your own, making her come with you then manipulating her to turn me down during my confession?!”

“No! I didn’t tell her anything!”

“Then why w-“ Yuri suddenly stopped and noticed that Yoona and Jessica were now nervously and worriedly watching them. A lot of people also stopped what they were doing and started watching them, checking what the commotion was all about. She released her grip from Taeyeon and whispered in her ear..

"Come with me, we're going to talk" Yuri walked towards Yoona and Jessica

"Both of you, go home now. Taeng and I need to talk." The 2 girls nodded before Yuri lead the way, to be followed by Taeyeon. Yuri stopped when they reached an alley where only a few people were passing by. She faced Taeyeon and started to talk. Unbeknownst to the 2 girls, Yoona and Jessica were hiding behind a parked car across the alley. They decided to secretely follow them for they wanted to make sure that both girls will be alright.

 

"Why did you do that?!"

"I already told you, I didn't kiss her! How many times do I have to tell you that?" *slap

"You can't fool me!"

"I'm not fooling anyone, I'm telling the truth!" Taeyeon was starting to get angry as she touched her stinging cheek.

"Don't you trust me??" Taeyeon looked her in the eyes, letting her eyes do the begging for her to believe her words.

"I don't." 

Taeyeon couldn't believe that it came from Yuri.

"Do you have feelings for Jessica?" Taeyeon widened her eyes with Yuri's question.

"What are you talking about?"

"You even got matching Mickey and Minnie mouse headbands!"

"What the heck is wrong with that?!"

"Then let's be honest here, Taeyeon..." Yuri stared at Taeyeon with her piercing gaze.

"What?"

"She said she likes someone, who is it?"

"I..d-don't know. I only knew about it now too!" 

"It's impossible. You two are always together, you should atleast have an idea who it is"

"Trust me, I don't! I didn't know she would reject you upon confessing." Yuri looked at Taeyeon for a few seconds before she continued.

"If you didn't wander off on your own, she wouldn't have followed you! You clearly affected her decision. I told you she'd be awkward without you."

"I wanted some time alone. If you didn't get her bored, she wouldn't have followed me."

"Why does it sound like you're even happy that she rejected me?"

"Okay, what the hell are you talking about?"

"Is this what I get after I asked my parents to let you stay in our home?! First you're gonna steal Jessica, then who's next, my parents? What kind of friend are you?!" Taeyeon clenched her fists. "I thought we already talked about this, Taeng.You're not trying hard enough. You said you were going to help me out?!"

*slap Yuri steadied her breathing after Taeyeon just slapped her.

"How dare you?? How could you think of those things! Yes I agreed to help you but it's not my fault if she doesn't like you back!" Taeyeon snapped. Yuri pushed Taeyeon against the wall with her left arm pinning her shoulder and her right arm raised and hand clenched, ready to strike her face.

"Go. Hit me." Taeyeon said as Yuri panted hard while controlling her anger.

"Come on! Punch me Yuri!" Yuri noticed that Taeyeon's expression has now changed and her eyes seemed to be clouded with a different emotion.

"What are you waiting for?! Beat me up! Show me that the person I've always considered as my best friend is no different from my uncle!!" Taeyeon started pouring her emotions out as her tears started falling as well. That made Yuri freeze in her place. That was like another stab in her heart. She was right. How dare she hurt her best friend like that. She couldn't believe that she swore to protect Taeyeon before but now she's just doing the same as what her uncle did to her. 

"Kick me out of your house! No one asked you to let me stay there in the first place!! Let me live in the streets! Go ahead!" Taeyeon grabbed Yuri's collar, pulling her and somewhat encouraging her to hit her.

"Tell me that my uncle was right in saying that I'm a disgrace to my family and a misfortune to any family who adopts me!"

"Tae-"

"Tell me that he was right in saying that I'm a worthless piece of junk!!"

"Taeyeon st-" Yuri tried cutting her off but the other girl didn't let her.

"I didn't believe him at first, 'cause you told me it wasn't true eversince we were kids. You were the only person I believed in. But if you'll tell me now that it's true, if it'll come from you.. I'm gonna believe it."

"Taeyeon stop!"

"You know what, I could've taken all of these if it came from my uncle. But to hear all these things coming from you, telling me how you really feel about me......it feels a hundred times more painful when it came from the only person who you thought believed in you."

"T-taeyeon, no, I'm sor-." Yuri slowly broke down in tears too.

"I thought you were different, Yuri.. I seriously thought you were."

".. but you're all the same." Taeyeon said weakly.

Yuri's heart broke at the sight of her friend in a state like that. Taeyeon heard a swinging sound of Yuri's arm, ready for an impact on her face, but it didn't land there. Yuri landed her fist on the wall beside Taeyeon's head. She was so pissed of herself. She made her best friend feel something she didn't ever want to make her feel, being worthless.

-

"Oh my God Yoona, that doesn't look good. I have a bad fee-.. Yoona?" Jessica looked to her side and saw that Yoona wasn't there anymore. She looked around until she saw that Yoona was now running towards the 2 girls in the alley.

"Yuri! Taeyeon! Stop!" Yoona pulled Taeyeon and Yuri apart from each other. They were both in tears.

"I wish your father didn't send my uncle in jail, now it even caused Yoona to long for her father."

Taeyeon looked at Yoona before continuing..

"I wish you didn'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter