Opening Up

I'm sorry, but I can't.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"33".

 

Taeyeon stared blankly at the number flashed in the calculator. "What's that supposed to mean?" She grabbed the letter and tried to check them for any clues. However, the only other thing that her dad wanted her to take note of was...

 

"Sometimes, it's okay to look at things in a different view and in a different perspective."

 

"Oh God. Now what?" Taeyeon grabbed the pillow underneath her and buried her face in it. 

"Gipfh mph a phignn, dad." She continued talking while the pilow muffled her words. She blindly searched for the calculator and placed it on top of the pillow, next to her head.

"Pwwwiiff  daad" Taeyeon was now finding it hard to breathe so she turned her head to the side, facing the calculator. She opened her eyes as she continued to whine.

"Pleaaase da--" Then, something caught her attention... the figures flashed on the calculator. They looked different. Of course they were still the same figures but this time, she seemed to view them differently.

"M...M." In her current position, Taeyeon could now read the figures as an M stacked on top of the other M.

"MM?" She rolled over so that she was now lying on her back, with the letters in each hand. But I still need to square it, right?.. MM squared? Taeyeon thought for a while until she laid her eyes on the Disney Land treasure chest on the side of the bed.

"Mickey Mouse and Minnie Mouse! Yes I got it!" Taeyeon shouted out of joy and started stretching her arms up high while smiling wildly.

"Taeyeon, are you okay in there?" Yoona said on the other side of the door after she knocked on it.

"I..uhh.... Y-yeah. I'm okay!" Taeyeon stuttered as she was embarrassed that someone heard her in a state like that.

"Oh okay. The food's in the microwave, okay? Just get it when you feel hungry." 

"You already told me that."

"Did I? Oh. My bad.. okay then."

Okay... Yoona's been acting really weird lately. Taeyeon thought as she heard Yoona's footsteps heading away from her door. She returned her attention to the papers clutched in her hands and thought hard. "You'll have a fresh new source of inspiration and direction.", "d) Mickey and Minnie belong together" The smile on her face slowly turned into a frown as she suddenly remembered something.

But I only have Mickey with me. Is that why you were so mad at me when I gave it away, dad? But they're just figurines. What are you trying to tell me? ...I'll figure it out dad, I will. Taeyeon sighed before she stood up from the bed to get the food that her cousin heated for her.

Where are you Minnie?

 

---

 

Taeyeon sat under the big tree near the cafeteria as she tried to clear her thoughts. She missed sitting under that tree, something she hasn't been able to do when Nichkhun was still around. Taeyeon just loved how the air blows perfectly while being shaded from the heat of the sun underneath the big branches. She closed her eyes as she tried to absorb the feeling of something she mis

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter