Team Building pt.1

I'm sorry, but I can't.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon's POV

 

"Hey there, Kim."

"H-hi." Wow. What a way to start the day. I just told Seohyun that I'd stay away and refrain talking with Jessica, but here we are... seatmates on the bus.

"I guess you owe me for this. I heard that those who won't attend and participate in the team building will be automatically disqualified. I think it's also one of the reasons why they didn't announce the exact venue of this event. So that no one can cheat and just go when they want to."

"Yeah. Th..thank you for that." She's right. I guess I do owe her for this. I rested my head against the headrest of the chair. For a moment, I thought about how things were before I left for this.

Before I left the house, I cleaned up my room. Upon cleaning the stack of clothes and stuff I had on one corner, I saw the treasure chest. It's been a really long time since I thought about it and laid my hands on it, actually. I left it under Yuri's care, telling her to take really good care of it until I get back. Now that I remember, I failed to talk to Tiffany. There are seriously a lot of things we need to talk about, but I haven't seen her last week. I've dragged this on for too long, so much time was wasted. And it's time to make a move.

I took my phone and scrolled through the contacts. I panicked when I reached the 'S' part and made a mental note to delete her number later. I pressed the call button next to Tiffany's number and brought it up to my ear, waiting for her to answer.

"Come on Fany, pick up." I mumbled after three rings. I made a second and third attempt to call her but still, she didn't answer. I assumed she was busy so I decided to send her a text message instead.

 

---

From: Taeyeon

To: Fany

 

Let's meet on Thursday. We have to talk.|

---

 

"Texting your girlfriend?" I jumped on my seat and my phone almost slipped from my hands. I was startled by her voice and by her close proximity.

"She's not my girlfriend." Jessica raised her eyebrow at me, and I looked at her weirdly. She suddenly snatched my phone and continued typing on it.

"Hey!" I noticed that she was smirking while typing so I leaned over and looked at what she was typing. 

 

---

From: Taeyeon

To: Fany

 

Let's meet on Thursday. We have to talk. I miss you babe. <3|

---

 

My eyes almost bulged out from their their sockets. "N-no! Don't send that!" I reached for my phone while she brought it away from me, thumb still moving on the keypad. I raised my body from my seat to be able to reach it. My fingers suddenly swiped the screen, and we both panicked. Jessica peeked at the screen to see what happened.

"Omo! The message got sent."

"What?!" I slumped back on my seat and rested my elbows on my knees. "No no no nooo", I mumbled as I rapidly shook my head, which was buried in my palms.

"Hold on. I'll just call her." I heard her say.

"Forget it. She won't answer." I mumbled through my palms. Seconds later, I heard a phone ring. It wasn't my ringtone, so I ignored it. The ringing died after a few seconds, and I decided to withdraw my head from my palms. I turned to the girl seated next to me and noticed that she was holding a phone on each hand. She was smirking. I don't know why she thought it was funny that she sent something like that to her. Soon, I heard another ringtone, but this time, I'm sure it belonged to me. I snatched my phone back and hurriedly answered the call. 

"Hello?"

"Don't worry, I was able to delete the last part before you accidentally sent it. Check your inbox." What the-? I heard a familiar voice speak through the phone. I turned my head to the side, and I saw Jessica holding her phone next to her ear. She wasn't looking at me, but I noticed that she was still smirking. The phone beeped, ending the call, and the next thing I did was to check that particular message in my inbox.

 

---

From: Taeyeon

To: Fany

 

Let's meet on Thursday. We have to talk.

---

 

She's right. It was really what was sent. I let out a sigh of relief, knowing I won't be explaining myself to anyone when I get back home. I can't believe I fell for her prank.

"Don't cry now."

"I'm not crying."

"You were about to cry earlier."

"I wasn't about to cry. ugh."

"You should've seen your face earlier." She began laughing on her own.

"Do you hate me or something?"

"If I did, I wouldn't have given you my number."

"You think giving me your number will make us even?"

"A lot of people want my number. I basically gave you mine for free, you shouldn't even be complaining." Wow. I seriously can't with this girl. I tapped on the unknown number and saved it in my contacts, overlapping the 'Sica' contact I had before. But wait... now she has my number too. Oh .

"You have my number too, so it's still not fair."

She shrugged before she faced out the window. "The world isn't a fair place." I stared at her side profile and I wondered what really happened to this girl.

-

3 hours has passed and we were still travelling. I don't even know where we're going yet. Surely, after those 3 hours, a lot of people felt sleepy...that includes the girl beside me. I could see her head dropping from time to time, before she would wake up again. She's obviously failing at fighting it off. I chuckled at that.

"What are you laughing at?" She asked with her eyes half open.

"Someone's getting sleepy."

"Who's getting sleepy?" Her eyes suddenly shot open and she straightened her back against the seat. "d-definitely not me.  Are you talking about yourself?" I smirked and looked away.

 

Surely enough, a few moments later, she was back to the state she was before. This time, her head leaned to her left, which caused her to bump her head against the window. She pulled her head back and groaned, though her eyes were still closed. I silently laughed at how cute she looked.

 

It didn’t take long before her head started to move towards the window again, and this time, her head dropped faster. My hand moved in reflex so that her head would land on my hand, instead of the window. I wouldn’t want her to keep banging her head towards the window all throughout the ride.

 

But I couldn’t stay in this position for long, so I decided to pull her head back and let it rest on my shoulder instead. As soon as I felt the weight of her head on my shoulder, my heart started to beat erratically. I even made a bigger mistake of peeking at her sleeping face. She’s still as adorable as she looked before

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter