Change of Heart

I'm sorry, but I can't.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica stirred in her sleep. She slowly opened her eyes and looked at the wall clock.

It's 6:30 p.m. I might as well leave now... I wonder if Taeyeon is still fast asleep. 

Jessica lifted her head and turned to the right to check on Taeyeon, but got shocked when she saw that the bed was empty.

"T-taeyeon?" Jessica got up and quickly made her way to the nurse on the counter. But as she went out of Taeyeon's cubicle, she accidentally bumped into the nurse who was about to enter the cubicle. 

"I'm sorry miss.. But did you happen to see where Taeyeon went?", Jessica asked after she bowed to the nurse.

"Taeyeon? Why, what's wrong?"

"She isn't here, miss. Did you happen to see her go out?", worry evident in her voice.

"I went to the Guidance office to submit a copy of her health profile for ten minutes. I was just about to check on her." the nurse replied.

"I thought she was supposed to be kept asleep by what you injected in her?"

"Yes. I gave her half the amount of dosage, thinking that she won't wake up 'til tomorrow because of her condition. But I didn't know that she'll really wake up half an hour after." the nurse replied.

"I'll go ahead miss. I-I need to look for her." Jessica bowed and ran out of the clinic.

Taeyeon... Taeyeon... why did you do that? where could you possible be? Bathroom? there's one at the clinic. Jessica said to herself as she walked along the corridors of the school. You said your uncle would kill you if you don't get--.... Home! Of course. Pabo Jessica. Ugh seriously, that girl. She ran outside the university to go to Taeyeon's home only to realize something... 

Wait ..Where does she live?? .

Jessica stopped in her tracks when she realized that there was nothing she could do but to pray and hope that Taeyeon got home safely.

 

---------------------------------------

 

*Flashback*

Tiffany went straight to the student council's office as she exited the principal's office. As she entered, she saw the cans of beer that Taecyeon and her drank a while ago and despisedly threw them into the trash bin. She tried to continue her work that she left earlier before she started her rounds but the events which occured during that day continued to flash in her mind.

Stupid Tiffany. How could you fall for that?! An innocent girl got hurt because of you!  Tiffany inwardly cursed hurself and abruptly wiped her tears as she started to put away her belongings, clearly losing any interest in continuing her work. She then called her driver to fetch her, as she wasn't in the mood to drive home by herself.

 

-

 

Taeyeon woke up and immediately felt pain strike her body. She attempted to move and felt pressure on her left hand. Taeyeon lifted her head and looked down to see Jessica sleeping while holding her hand. She didn't know why she felt warm all of a sudden. She didn't want to move as to not wake the girl up, but she caught a glimpse of the wall clock which made her change her decision of not moving.

What the heck?! It's 6:22?? I gotta go. She slowly pulled her hand out of Jessica's hold, and mentally congratulated herself when she successfully did without waking the girl up. 

She sat up rather quickly, 'cause when she did, she let out a soft cry of pain.

Aaaagh. I gotta endure this pain. I..I need to go home. And with that, she stood up and peeked outside the cubicle. She smiled when she didn't see the nurse on the counter. She looked back at the sleeping Jessica one more time and used the chance then hurriedly walked towards the door of the clinic,  not minding the limp in her walk. Taeyeon continued until she got out of the university. 

Ughh. Why do I feel dizzy now? I'm still halfway home. Taeyeon continued limping home while clutching her stomach. 

 

-

 

At last, Taeyeon arrived  at the front of their house. She took a few deep breaths as she prepared to enter the house. Taeyeon was one step away from going inside and was praying that her aunt or uncle wasn't home yet. She counted 1 to 3 as she took her first step. Taeyeon peeked in the living room and dining room even though she can't open her other eye very well. She let out a sigh of relief when there were no signs of her aunt or uncle. She decided to go to the kitchen next.

Thank God. I'll still have time to cook them dinner while they're still not h--

She stopped in her tracks when she heard sizzling sounds coming from the kitchen.

Who's cooking?? Taeyeon peeked from the wall dividing the dining room and kitchen and widened her eyes on what she saw.

"Yoona??" 

"About time you got home! Ugh. You seriously made me hungry. But consider yourself lucky today, I'm gonna cook for myself." Yoona replied without even bothering to look back at Taeyeon.

"Y-you know how to cook?" Taeyeon couldn't help but ask when she saw the state of the kitchen counter which was well.. not in the top condition.

"Why don't you just shut up and-- wh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter