Outbursts pt.1

I'm sorry, but I can't.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Minnie?"

"What?" Tiffany was somewhat confused on Taeyeon's sudden reaction.

"Minnie."

"Yes, it's Minnie Mouse. She's cute, right?" Tiffany gave her an eyesmile as she took the object back from Taeyeon's hold.

"Y-you're... Minnie." Taeyeon looked at her straight in the eyes, and that was when Tiffany knew something was up. Her smile vanished as she returned the other girl's intense stare.

"Don't tell me..."

Taeyeon, deciding to break the intense staring contest, took a dash towards the door.

"Taeyeon, wait!" Taeyeon ignored Tiffany's callings. She needed to escape 'cause if she didn't, she wasn't sure if she could handle it. 

 

-

 

Taengoo.. pick up the phone, please. Jessica continued to try calling Taeyeon, but to no avail.

"Are you alright, darling?" Granny Jung asked as she noticed that her granddaughter kept fiddling with her phone for the past few minutes.They were the first ones to arrive at the So One Dining.

"Yes granny." Jessica answered as she turned her head to the side to press the redial button again. While Jessica was busy with her phone, she failed to notice that her grandmother's business partner has arrived.

"Good Evening, are you Mrs. Jung?" the man in a formal attire asked.

"Yes, I am. Are you my business partner?"

"If you are Mrs. Jung then yes, I am your business partner." the man smiled at the older woman and gave her a handshake.

"This is my granddaughter." Granny extended her arm towards Jessica's direction.

"Ugh gosh." She was still immersed in what she was currently doing, but when her grandmother cleared , that was when the younger girl noticed another presence besides her granny.

"O-oh." Jessica immediately stood up. "Hello. I..I'm sorry." She bowed a couple of times, feeling somewhat embarrassed that she was caught behaving like that by her grandmother's business partner.

"It's okay. Hello, I am Mr. A." The man extended his right hand for a handshake.

"M-my name's Jessica. Nice to meet you, Mr. A." She smiled as she accepted the offer, and for the first time that night, she looked up to meet the man's eyes. He was smiling back at her. His eyes had a sense of familiarity in them, but at the same time, she couldn't help but look away after that.

"You have a beautiful granddaughter, Mrs. Jung."

"Oh I know, she's so lovely."

"Thank you." Jessica gave a shy smile.

"Shall we order first?" Granny initiated as she signalled the waiter to give them the menu. After everyone picked their orders, they thanked the waiter and got back to their own conversation.

"Say Jessica, did you invite Teayeon over?" 

"Teayeon?" Mr. A asked.

"Yes. Teayeon darling, my Jessica's friend. I told her she could invite her over tonight, so that Jessica won't be get bored with our business talks." Granny laughed, and was soon after followed by Mr. A.

"Yes, I invited her." Jessica kept rubbing the screen of her phone.

"So, isn't she coming?"

Jessica looked at her screen one more time. She's been calling Taeyeon since her last text, she also sent her a lot of messages, but Taeyeon never replied nor picked up her call even once.

"She didn't answer my calls. I think she's busy so.. I guess she won't..make it." If only I knew you wouldn't come. Jessica sighed, mumbling the last part. She didn't even try to hide her sadness.

"Aw. I'm sure she has a good reason why she couldn't come. Cheer up, honey." Granny Jung tried to assure her.

"Maybe.." Jessica mumbled as a response. If only you knew the plan I had for us tonight.

"Yeah and besides..." Mr. A added, which caused the Jungs to look at him. "I invited my daughter to join us for dinner tonight."

"Oh really?" Granny Jung asked.

"Yes. That's why I ordered extra food." Jessica noticed the extra plate beside Mr. A. "She's about the same age as you. I think you'll get along well so you won't get bored."

"You hear that, darling? You'll have company as well. But as of now, should we start our business meeting Mr... by the way, before we start, may I know your full name, Mr. A?" The older woman asked.

"Oh I'm sorry for not introducing my full name earlier. My name is A-" Just then, a girl barged inside and ran up to their table.

"I'm so sorry I'm late, dad." The girl panted as she made her way to the seat next to Mr. A. All eyes were on her as she was finally able to take a seat, but it was Jessica who widened her eyes in shock of seeing her.

"Tiffany?"

The said girl looked up, across the other side of the table, and the two girls were now mirroring each other's expressions.

"Jessica?"

"Oh you two know each other already? That's wonderful then. You two won't be awkward throughout the night." Granny Jung smiled, ever so clueless about what was happening.

"Dad, you didn't tell me you were inviting her." Tiffany whispered a bit loudly towards the man next to her.

"Why, what's wrong about it?" 

"Dad, she's.." Mr. A held her hand to make her stop talking. The two of them looked across the table and could see the Jungs' confused expressions so Mr. A decided to break the atmosphere.

*ehe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter