The Call

I'm sorry, but I can't.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Uhhh..... 

Taeyeon continued scrolling through her contacts. Aside from Auntie Kwon and Uncle Kwon, Jessica, Tiffany, Yoona and Yuri were the only names present. Feeling indecisive, she closed her eyes and just randomly pressed a contact after blindly scrolling back and forth a bit more. Seconds later, she could hear the ringing sound of her phone indicating that the call was trying to connect.

She placed the phone close to her ear, waiting for the other side to pick up, whoever that person was.  Then there was a beeping sound.

 

"Hello?" The other line picked up.

...

Taeyeon's eyes shot open as soon as she heard the voice of the person from the other line. Yes, she realized who she has just called.

"Hello? Who is this?" 

...

She couldn't help but notice how good the voice sounded, even if it was just through the phone.

"Hello?? Excuse me, are you pranki-"

...

Taeyeon panicked causing her to press the power button, ending the call.

Well that wasn't nice. Not only did she not answer back to any of the person's greetings or questions, but she also cut the person off to whatever she was trying to say. How rude of herself, she thought. Taeyeon pressed on the contact again, making an attempt for her call to be picked up for the second time. However this time, she made a mental note to reply and to not space out.

*beep*

"Hello?"

... 

"Okay if you're prank calling me, I swear I'm gonna call the pol-"

"Jessica?"

...

It was the other line's turn not to reply. 

"Jessica, are you there?"

"Wh-who is this?" Of course the girl knew exactly whose voice it was, she just needed to make sure.

"It's me, Taeyeon. I'm sorry for not being able to answer in my previous call."

"Oh... I thought it was just one of the prank callers."

"Please don't call the police." Jessica chuckled at the other person's reply. 

"I won't. Don't worry." 

Taeyeon found herself grinning widely until the person on the other end of the line said the next words...

"Taeyeon, Why did you call?"

Okay, what was she supposed to say? That she wanted to try calling someone with her new phone and randomly pressed on one of her contacts for being indecisive? Certainly not. 

"I uhh... uhh.."

Meanwhile, Jessica was waiting patiently, though her thoughts were running wild.

"Thanks for what happened last night." Wait, what? That sounded so wrong. Taeyeon backed herself up not long after, not wanting the other person to feel uncomfortable... or maybe it was just herself feeling uncomfortable.

"I mean.. for letting me stay. And.. you know, chatting for a bit."

"Oh.. no problem."

"Yeah.." Taeyeon suddenly felt that she made the whole conversation awkward by just that one simple line.

"Is there something else?"  Something else. Something else. Was there really something else? Her mind was currently in a state of an entangled ball of yarn. What else could she say? Then she suddenly remembered the talk she had with Yuri earlier. 

"Can I talk to you on Monday?"

"Of course you can." Jessica let out a giggle. "About what?"

"I'll just tell you on Monday."

She could ask her right at that moment, but she felt like it would be better to confront her about it in person.

"Okay then."

"This is... my phone by the way. It

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter