Efforts

I'm sorry, but I can't.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon went to school with a smile on her face. I mean, who could blame her? She got her most valued object back, there's no reason for her not to start her day with a smile.

-

She was walking along the hall, heading towards their classroom.

"Hey loser!"
... Taeyeon looked back in reflex. Not that she did it because she considers herself a loser, but rather, she looked back because of the loud voice who said the phrase right behind her back.

*gasp. It's him again. N-no. I must run away from h--

"Where do you think you're going?!" the boy grabbed Taeyeon's backpack, which prevented her from running away from the boy.

"Let me go!" Taeyeon shouted while trying to pry the boy's hands off her backpack.

"We're not done yet. Don't you remember that you almost got me in trouble?? Good thing that the stupid teachers believed my stupid lie that I wasn't the one who punched the girl under the tree the other day.. which was unfortunately, or rather... fortunately you!", the boy said the words with much pride as flashed his mischievous smile.

"I said let me go!!, Taeyeon said as she continued to pull her bag off the boy's hands.

"Haha! I got it!"

"No!! Give it back!" 

Taeyeon did her best but the boy held her backpack up high..he was just blessed with too much height that she still couldn't reach her backpack even if she tried to jump. Taeyeon was scared. She wanted to fight back, but she can't.  

"Aww.. look at you. You look like a kid who's trying to get her favorite toy back.. oh wait, you are! HAHA" 

"Give it back!!" Taeyeon continued to reach for her backpack even if it was obviously useless.

"Wait, I almost forgot.. what was that object you were holding the other day? I forgot what it looked like.. Oh nevermind, I got your backpack anyway.. I could just open it and take a look, right?"

"No!! stop! that's mine!"

"Hahaha! Look at you.. you look so pathe---"

"Hey!!"

The boy was cut off by a high-pitched scream from the girl behind her.

"You again?!" the boy looked back and saw the owner of the high-pitched voice and furrowed his eyebrows as he remembered what happened the last time they encountered each other like this.

"Yes! It's me again! You should be thankful that you're able to see my beautiful face again today, but too bad that I'm not so thankful to see yours!"

"Excuse me?"

"Let her go." the girl said in a cold and flat voice while glaring at the boy.

"Hahaha who are you now?.. her nanny? oh that's cute! the kid and her nanny." He gave a loud chuckle which made Jessica grimace.

"Just shut up and let her go, you jerk!" the girl shouted as her eyes continued boring holes on the boy's body with her deadly glare.

"What if I don't want to? What are you gonna do huh? Report me to the teachers? get me to detention? They won't belie--"

"Oh yes they will."

All 3 pairs of eyes are now on the owner of the voice who suddenly cut off the very heated conversation.

"T-tiffany??", the boy looked up the stairs and saw the student council president looking down on them.

"If I were you Nichkhun, I would've been thankful for the chance given to you last time when you weren't caught by the teachers. Unfortunately... it's not your lucky day today..and I'm sure that the teachers will believe me." Tiffany's voice was as serious as how her face looked.

"No! Tiffany! please! Give me another chance!!", Nichkhun pleaded.

"Sorry Nichkhun, you blew it. Now go to the principal's office before I go there myself and tell her about everything that happened when you punched Taeyeon the other day." Tiffany's voice was stern and firm which left Nichkhun no choice but to comply with the girl's wish.

"Urghh... watch your back, loser" Nichkhun whispered as shoved the backpack back to Taeyeon and walked away.

Tiffany..Taeyeon examined the girl's face and saw that something was a bit off with her. She wasn't like the cheerful girl who approached her yesterday.. She had gloomy eyes and the tone of her voice was relatively low and firm than usual.

Tiffany turned around and was about to walk away when Taeyeon's voice stopped her.

"Tiffany!"

The girl turned around and looked down at the girl who called her below the stairs.

"Yeah?"

"T-thanks... again."

"No need to thank me.. it's my job. If it wasn't for Jessica's loud and high-pitched yells that reached the student council room, I wouldn't have realized that th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter