Folded Paper

I'm sorry, but I can't.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon widened her eyes as soon as she read the first words on the paper. She straightened herself up to be able to read the words better. Some of the words were now smudged due to the number of years it's been stored, but they were still legible...

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Taeyeon,

Congratulations! I know you're probably shocked in finding this letter, but let me explain how you found this.

I want you to get my first letter (the one in the Goofy envelope) and look at letter b. Taeyeon stopped reading and did what was written on the letter. She grabbed the goofy envelope inside the treasure chest and looked at letter b. After she read it, she went back to the other letter.

"Frustrations are bad, but it can sometimes be helpful. Don't be scared."

Can you now infer how you found this letter? Think... the calculator is broken, right? 

That caught Taeyeon's attention. Yes. She remembered the broken calculator.

Yep. I did place it inside the calculator on purpose.

I hope you didn't think of it as a paper filled with instructions. *Gulp.

...or if you did... I guess it couldn't be helped.

I knew that one day, you would be so pissed and you would surely vent your anger out on this treasure box. 

I placed the calculator on top of everything else to be sure that it would be the first thing to get broken. 

You must've been so frustrated at something, honey. But like what letter b. says, it's okay to be frustrated sometimes.

I'm glad you weren't scared to vent your anger out on it. Don't worry, I'm not mad that you broke it, I'm actually happy 'cause you found this other letter.

Okay, enough of the intro. Let's get to the point.

I know you're still foreign about the Disneyland treasure chest and everything else but I have faith in you, Taeyeon.

Darling, whatever you're doing right now, I hope you're happy. I want you to remember everything I asked you to remember in the last letter.

Use them as guide and clues for you to understand everything. 

I know you'll hate me again after this but I'm giving you something to work on...

1) How old would you be 11 years after I took you on that cruise? You'd surely get a 2-digit number.

2) Out of the 2 digits, subtract the bigger digit with the smaller digit. 

3) Get the bigger digit out of the 2 past digits again.

4) Now place your answers next to one another for them to become a new 4-digit number.

5) Divide your answer by your birth month.

6) Divide your current answer with a number that is unlucky for many.

7) Multiply your birthdate by 2 before subtracting it from your answer on the previous number.

8) Raise it to a silver medal. (don't calculate it.)

 

Voila! Haha. Okay, don't freak out just yet, Taeyeon. I'm sorry for the sudden series of problems. It'll be worth it, I'm sure.

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll figure this out. I know you. You're amazing. Once you figure out the answer, you'll have a fresh new source of inspiration 

and direction. 

I also want you to take note of these....

 

"Some things are never too late to fix" 

"Sometimes, it's okay to look at things in a different view and in a different perspective."

 

Taeyeon, honey.. don't give up, okay? I'm sure you'd figure out what to do.

 Daddy loves you so much.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Taeyeon stared at the paper for a few more seconds. She couldn't believe it. Another letter from her father is the least thing she expected to read especially on a paper that came from a calculator. Taeyeon didn't know what to feel. She was happy, shocked, confused and even scared at the same time.

She hadn't even finished understanding the 8 things her dad told her in the previous letter yet but here comes another letter telling her to understand and analyze more lines. Taeyeon was lost in her thoughts before a knock on the door snapped her out of it. She hurriedly folded the paper and placed it inside the treasure chest and placed it aside.

"C-come in."

The door slowly opened and revealed the person who knocked.

"Auntie Kwon?" 

"Hi Taeyeon dear." Auntie Kwon greeted as she approached Taeyeon and sat on the bed next to her.

"Can I do something for you, auntie Kwon? Do you want me to make you some coffee?" Taeyeon set her foot on the floor and was about to stand but auntie Kwon placed her hand on Taeyeon's lap and lightly pushed her back to si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter