New Beginnings

I'm sorry, but I can't.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon's POV

 

I walked in our house and entered the dining room. I took a piece of bread on the table Yuri and Yoona were having breakfast on. They weren't really sitting coherently though. Not beside each other, not even facing each other.

"Hey there!" Yuri greeted me once I arrived.

"Hey."

"Good morning Taeyeon!"

"Morning Yoong." I replied as I took a bite of the bread.

"So.. what did you guys do last night?" Yuri's question caught me off-guard that it made me choke on the piece of bread that was halfway down my throat.

"Hey, slow down. There's a lot of bread left. Here" She handed me a glass of water, which I gladly and hurriedly chugged down. I took two deep breaths after I set my glass down on the table. I found the two girls still staring at me, and I figured that they must still be waiting for my answer.

"We had a movie marathon. Different genres."

"Anything more?" Yoona asked this time.

"No."

"Where did you sleep?"

"I..uh.. slept on her bed. There was enough space for the both of us and we were both really tired so she-"

"Okay, okay I get it. I only asked where you slept. Of course you both would be really tired so no need to be so def-" Yuri stopped midway and her eyes slowly made their way to find mine. It was the kind of michievous stare Yuri was good at, and I was beginning to get really uncomfortable.

"Unless..."

"Unless what?" Yoona chimed in.

"Unless something else happened?" Yuri squinted her eyes. Yoona was playing along as well, but in contrast to Yuri, her eyes were widening and was making an "o" shape. As if these things weren't enough, Yuri tapped the table using the spoon and fork, and suddenly began chanting...

"Taeyeon and Tiffany sitting on a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!"

"Why would they be sitting on a tree though?" Yoona asked.

"Oh, you're right. Let me change it a bit... Taeyeon and Tiffany sitting on the bed, K-I-S-S-I-"

"Stop it! Nothing happened, okay?!"  

I blurted out with my eyes closed, and as I opened them, both girls turned into shocked and scared puppies. Yoona had the fork with the hotdog stop in midway towards her slightly-opened mouth, while Yuri was gripping the spoon and fork with his right and left hand respectively.

"S-sorry Taeng.. we..."

I had to get out of that atmosphere as soon as possible so I briskly walked upstairs towards my room and shut it.

"Taeyeon, we were just playing, I swear! We didn't mean to offend you. We're so sorry.", I heard Yoona from the other side of the door. I could also hear Yuri whispering and asking what happened and what they should do, but I could also hear Yoona telling her to stop asking too many questions and that they screwed that joke up badly.

I wasn't really mad at them. But it was the only way I could think of for me to get out of that intense atmosphere. I was sweating really hard when they teased me earlier, but when I heard the lyrics to Yuri's chant, I almost lost it. 

You might be wondering... did I lie to Yuri and Yoona about the "nothing happened" part? Let's go back to what happened last night...

 

*flashback*

 

"Kiss me, Taeyeon", she said.

And I don't know, but I did.

Tiffany pressed her body on me, before she took my lower lip and the life out of them. She suddenly kissed me rougher than she did earlier. She rested her hand on my stomach while her other hand raked my hair and massaged my scalp. She had full control of the situation. I could feel that the mood was tensing up and getting more heated, and Tiffany felt the same. 

It took sometime before she pulled back from me for us to catch each other's breaths. Tiffany took this chance to once again grab my hands. She led it all the way behind her back. She let it stay there for a while as she went back to my lips again, as if she couldn't get enough of them.

Then I questioned myself, why was I doing this? She pulled back and stared at me, and I realized something. Yes, at first... I let her do this, 'cause she said she would make me forget. And call me stupid, but I was willing to take the bait. Here I was, having this session with Tiffany... but while at it, I couldn't help it... I was thinking of her. I was thinking of Jessica. I keep seeing her... and I kept thinking of her... which was why I eagerly returned all the kisses. I also realized that what we're doing wasn't making me forget her any further, it was making me remember her more.

She continued kissing me while her hands still guided my own to do something behind her back. I then realized what she was making me do. She wanted me to unhook her bra. It finally dawned on me now. Tiffany was seducing me. I pulled my hands away from her making her pull back. She stared at me and she seemed to be disappointed, but she didn't attempt to reach for my hands again, instead, she reached behind her back and started to unhook it herself. I shut my eyes as tight as I could, before I felt a certain piece of fabric land on my chest.

"Taeyeon..." There it was again. That alluring and husky voice. But no, I must not give in.

"Tae, look at me..."

I was aware of what awaits me once I open my eyes, and you have no idea how much self will it took for me not to open my eyes and give in to temptation. I felt her body close the gap with mine, and that's when I decided that I should put a stop to this, before anything I'll regret later happens.

With my eyes still shut tight, I prayed that I won't touch anything I shouldn't lay my hands on. Thankfully, I found her shoulders, and I pushed her off me, and to the side. I felt the bed bounce due to her weight. With ragged breath, I quickly sat up and faced the window, as to not to see anything I shouldn't have.

"Tiffany, look. I'm sorry, but we can't do this. We can't. This shouldn't have happened."

"What do you mean?" I heard Tiffany reply.

"I already told you before, right? This will be really unfair for you." I paused as I noticed that the stars were lesser compared to the number of stars I saw earlier.

"Fany, I don't want you to experience the same kind of pain I experienced. I don't want to break your heart. I don't want to do something I'll regret later on. I don't want you to give yourself to a person who's not worth it."

"B..but I know you want it too. You kissed me back, Taeyeon! I felt those kisses! You kissed me back as eagerly as I did!"

What should I say? I couldn't tell her the truth that I saw someone else in her, that I imagined another person while doing it with her.

"I don't want to use you as a rebound just so I could forget her. I don't want you to be a one-night stand girl. Better end it now before it leads to something else. It will just hurt us both. I know you want to help me, but I respect you Tiffany. I hope you do the same to yourself." I paused.

"I'm just not ready yet. I'm really sorry." I stood up and walked around the bed to exit the room. I went over to the room next door and shut it.

I think I've been a bit harsh on her, but that was for the better. I didn't want to commit the same mistake I did before. In fact, it was because of an event like this that caused me to lose the person I loved completely. I didn't want it to happen again, more so because she's a really great friend. 

 

*end of flashback*

 

So for record's sake, I wasn't lying to them when I said that nothing really happened last night. I sat on the bed and buried my head on my palms, wondering why all these had to happen, why many people were suffering because of me. I don't deserve them, and they surely don't deserve someone like me... a trash.

 

-

 

I crushed the biscuits in its packet before I opened it

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter