I'm Ready

I'm sorry, but I can't.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon's POV 

I wish I could walk faster than I currently am so that I could reach home as soon as possible. After that talk with Jessica earlier, I think I'm ready to open the treasure box. 

After classes, I quickly dashed my way out of the room. I ran all the way back home, but I was still careful when I crossed the streets. I didn't want my life to end now. 

I panted as I reached the front door. I gave out a sigh of relief when my aunt and uncle were busy chatting with my cousin Yoona in the living room and so I used the chance to sneak into my room without them noticing me. It's better that they won't see that I'm home yet. I need to spare enough time for me to have a moment with the treasure box.

I gently closed the door, careful enough not to make a squeaking noise with the door as I closed it. 

When I was sure that my relatives had no idea about my presence, I walked over to my bed and dropped my backpack before I took out the treasure chest. I stared at the "Disneyland" print on the lid for a few seconds before my eyes travelled down to the latch. I brought my hands to touch it, ready to unlock. I was now starting to feel anxious again. No. I was already sweating hard. I was so close to putting it back inside my bag when I remembered what Jessica told me earlier... "Think of your inspiration.. the one you would gladly want to do this for." 


Dad.. I want to do this for you.. but there was still another person I suddenly thought about. And I would gladly want to do this for that person as well.  

Minnie... I want to do this for you too. 

I'm Ready.

And with that, I unlocked the box and slowly flipped the lid. I don't know how long I was mindlessly staring at the objects inside it but when I came back to reality, pain had struck me again.. The memories...
 

I saw the daisy duck tape, the donald duck calculator, the mickey mouse figurine and the envelope with goofy's face on it. I could still remember what happened on that day.. How I almost declined this gift from my father and how I never considered opening the envelope inside. I took the envelope underneath the calculator and carefully opened it.  

My first tear fell as I read the first sentence of my dad's letter ...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To my dearest stubborn, hard headed, rebellious, but nonetheless the loveliest, dorkiest and best daughter in the world, Taeyeon,

Happy 8th Birthday!!

I know this isn't the kind of gift that you wanted to receive for your birthday.  I know you probably expected the giant- sized mickey mouse stuffed-toy or your ultimate wish, tickets to Disneyland. Yes, I also know that you find it really weird when you haven't gotten a chance to go in Disneyland yet even if your own father is working there. I'm sorry honey, but there's just this reason why I don't want you to go there or even visit it yet. But isn't this cute too? It's still Disneyland, right? And there's still Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Daisy and Goofy!... inside a box. 

You know I love you, right? 

By the time you're reading this,  
There are only 2 possible scenarios... 
1) You opened this at the moment I had given this to you.
2) I'm probably dead by now.

But nomatter how much I want to deny, my gut feel tells me that no. 2 will be true.
So I'd like to apologize in advance in this letter. I know you probably have a lot of questions in your mind right now, Taeyeon. I don't know how long it will probably take before you'll be able to read this message.

I wish I could just tell you what this is for in the first place. 

But just remember these...

a) Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Donald Duck, Daisy Duck and Goofy all belong in Disneyland.
b) Frustrations are bad, but it can sometimes be helpful. Don't be scared.
c) Daisy can always fix Donald when he thinks he's broken.
d) Mickey and Minnie belong together.
e) Mickey needs Minnie in or

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter