Fixed

I'm sorry, but I can't.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Their last class has just ended and the students were heading out of the classroom one by one. Taeyeon finished packing her things up and tilted her head towards one particular chair in front of the room. Her mood dropped a little when she found it empty. 

Woah, she already left? 

The other girl always waited for Taeyeon after class and they would head out of the school together. For some reason, she suddenly missed it. Taeyeon knew she wasn't supposed to feel this way, and she hated it.

Taeyeon sped her way out of the room and into the lobby, hoping to catch a glimpse of a particular girl among the crowd of students that were in a rush to get home. She finally got out of the building after squeezing through the unruly crowd. Taeyeon continued walking while looking around. She was about to give up searching, until she saw a familiar figure of a girl several feet away from her, heading out the school gate.

There she is.

"Jung Jessica!" Jessica heard someone call her name but she decided to ignore it. Taeyeon ran towards her before she could reach the gate. 

Maybe she didn't hear me.

"Jessica!" There it was again. She didn’t know if she should stop and look back because it sounded like it came from—no. It’s not her Jessica, just keep walki—

"Sica!" Okay. There it was. Just that one name. She turned around and faced a panting Taeyeon. If this was any other day, Jessica would surely feel all giddy and happy. But right now, she would rather not have the other girl to talk to her. Taeyeon found it amusing but strange at the same time when Jessica looked back when she called her using the shortest version of her name.

Jessica lifted her head up a bit more to meet Taeyeon’s gaze. Taeyeon saw something different in her eyes. Sadness? Hurt? She wasn’t sure. But what she was sure of was that Jessica definitely wasn’t anywhere like this when they talked earlier that day.

“I’m sorry I wasn’t able to wait for you.  I was in a hurry.” Jessica spoke up. More like hurt.

“It’s okay. No need to apologize for it.”

The other girl slightly nodded her head in response.

“Are you okay?”

“Yeah, I’m okay. I’m just a little tired, that’s all.”

“Ahh.”

“Is there anything you—“

“I don’t know.” Taeyeon looked away.

“What?” Jessica was confused of the girl’s response.

“That’s my answer to your question earlier...”

“What are you—“

“…if I like someone.” Jessica shot a look at the girl before her. She opened to say something but Taeyeon cut her off again.

“I don’t know yet.  All I know is that.. I’m willing to figure it out.” Taeyeon met Jessica’s gaze and smiled, which the other girl returned.

Jessica didn’t know why but the words that Taeyeon said made her mood better. Sure, it wasn’t of any assurance that she liked her back, but it also meant that she didn’t like anyone else in particular… yet. Tiffany included. But that was enough for her.

Taeyeon was happy that Jessica smiled at her. She didn’t know why the girl was acting that way earlier but at least she’s smiling now.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” Taeyeon said as they both stepped out of the gate.

“See you.” Jessica smiled and waved before she turned the other way.

 

---

 

Taeyeon arrived home and saw Yoona sitting on one of the couches in the living room.

“Hi Yoona. Are Auntie Kwon and Uncle Kwon home already?”

“Not yet. They said they’ll be out until midnight. They're probably gonna have a meeting or something.”

“How about Yuri?”

“She’s not here yet. I left school ahead of h-“

“Hey guys!” The front door suddenly opened and revealed Yuri herself. She joined the 2 girls and sat on one of the couches as well.

“Hey Yul.”

“Hi Yuri.”

“So Taeng, have you asked her yet?” It was clear that Yuri was eager to know about it. 

“Y-yeah, I have.”

“What’d she say?”

“She said… she likes someone at the moment.” Taeyeon was reluctant to look at Yuri’s expression, but when she did, she saw the dejected look on her face. She was hurt for her friend, she really was.

“Do you know who it is?”

Taeyeon shook her head.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter