Life At Home

I'm sorry, but I can't.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon woke up from the loud banging coming from the other side of her door. 

"Yah!! Why aren't you up yet?! Wake up and cook us breakfast, I'm hungry!", her uncle shouted while banging the door repeatedly with his closed fists.

Shoot. Taeyeon mentally cursed herself. She did wake up late. And because of that, she wasn't able to cook breakfast for her aunt and uncle. Yes. She's only worried about not cooking breakfast for them, she isn't included. Taeyeon may be the one who cooks for them, but she barely gets any food for herself. Oftentimes, she just eats the burnt rice at the bottom of the cooking pot or if she's lucky enough, she'll be able to eat decently if she wasn't caught cooking food for herself before her relatives woke up... something that she wasn't able to do this morning. She finished the chores her aunt made her do last night that caused her to wake up with a tired body and an aching back.

"I'm coming!", Taeyeon said as she jumped out of bed. She was really terrified whenever she fails to wake up early and cook breakfast for her relatives. It would definitely mean no pocket money (as few as it may be), no food or worse, a good beating.

"You're so gonna get it this time!" her uncle shouted from the outside.

Taeyeon walked up to the door and was bracing herself for whatever was coming up for her after she opens that door. "Dear Lord, please don't let it be too painful this time." She closed her eyes, imagining the things that can possibly happen after she opens that door. I'm gonna get beaten again, but it's all my fault anyway.. She accepted the harsh reality and opened the door. 

Taeyeon's uncle glared at her and raised his right hand and turned them into balled fists and as if on cue, Taeyeon closed her eyes while anticipating the strong impact of her uncle's fist that has yet to come. "Why you lit--!" 

"Uncle!" A tall, tan girl from the front door shouted, causing Taeyeon to look at her, and which caused her uncle to to stop his hand in mid-air. 

"Y-yuri?" Taeyeon said with her eyes wide-open. 

"What do you want?!" Taeyeon's uncle asked her, furious that someone barged in their house early in the morning. 

"Uuu..ummm.... I brought some extra peanut- butter and jelly sandwiches that m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter