The one who was surprised

If i gave you my heart

“Here, have some noodles. You might be hungry.” Donghae said as he handed her a bowl of hot ramen. “I’m sorry if that’s the only thing I can offer. You know I don’t know how to cook.” Jessica smiled at him. “Haven’t Yoona taught you how? I heard she now a good cook.” “Yeah, she is but I’m a worst student. It’s hard to learn it. She just ends up cooking it all by herself.” He laughed at the thought of it. “Yoona surely took good care of you.” She smiled at him. “Yes, she did.” He replied. 

All of a sudden, Donghae’s phone rang. “Yoboseo?” “Yah Mr. Fishy!? How’s the party?” “Oh! It was good. I’m about to head back home.” He lied while looking at Jessica. “Oh! You must be tired. Any ways, I have a surprise for you but I’ll just tell it tomorrow. Annyeong!” “Annyeong! I love you Yoong dear.” He mumbled at her, ignoring Jessica for a while. “I love you to Mr. Fishy! Kekeke” Yoona then happily hung up. She was on her way to Donghae’s apartment. “I’m sure he will be happy with my surprise.”

“I envy her.” Jessica suddenly said which surprised Donghae. “If I can take back the time, I would cherish every moment that we had. I wouldn’t have let you go that evening. I should have chosen you.” Donghae was still silent. Jessica continued to talk. “You know, I was extremely happy when I learned we’re going back here in Seoul. I said to myself maybe this is a sign I should find you and beg forgiveness from you and make sure I will do everything to have you back with me again. When we arrived, first thing I did the next day was search for you. I went back to your old house but they said you sold it already and you left that neighborhood. I tried to contact our common friends but they said they never heard anything from you after that night. I was afraid to ask your friends because I know they are mad at me and they wouldn’t tell where you are.” She was getting teary-eyed again.

“I was very happy when I saw you that day at the park. God knows how I wanted to hug you and kiss you but I know you were very mad at me, just by the way you talk and by the way you look at me. Then you told me you already have your girlfriend. My world crashed upon hearing that. I said to myself, I’ll do anything to have you back. But I learned you’re with Yoona, the girl I hated all of my life. It made me mad. She stole everything from me and now she had also got you. I observed how you look at her; how you act around her. It shows you truly loved her and it pains me. Every night, I cry myself to sleep; thinking why does this happen to me. Why does every moment have to be so hard?” Tears were continuously pouring out of her eyes and Donghae was stuck on his place; looking at her. There hasn’t been a closure between the two of them that’s why there’s still a small part in his heart that yearns for her and now that part is eating out his heart.

“This was my karma for doing all that to you. Now I have to suffer and blame myself for losing you. As much as I want to ask you to be back in my life again, I can’t. I’m already too late.” She then looked down and cried harder.

“You know she had me at my worst. She was there for me when I was feeling so down and lost. She kept up with me and was very patient. She stood by me even though many people started to throw rocks at me. But you, you had me at my best. I gave you all the love I could give. I even went against my friends and chose to be with you. I made you the center of my life. I included you in all of my dreams and aspirations. But you left and made my world crash down.” Donghae has gotten teary-eyed also.

“I need to have a choice.” Jessica replied. “And you chose to break my heart.” Donghae replied again.

“That’s why I came back, to make everything right back to where it was. Please come back to me Donghae. Let’s leave everyone and run away.” Jessica begged as she hugged Donghae. “We can’t. I can’t leave Yoona.” He said as he resists her. But she was persistent. “Please.” He was still resisting her when, suddenly, Jessica started kissing her. Donghae was resisting her at first but that small part in his heart took over. He eventually gave in. Their kissing became heated. Jessica was now lying on the sofa while Donghae was on top of her. They weren’t aware that someone was watching them.

 

Yoona entered the room and saw them kissing passionately on the couch. It reminded her of some time when she saw him kissing Nana on the classroom.

 

I was so shocked by what I saw that I let out a gasp. I dropped the gift Yuri asked me to give to him. I was like poured with cold water. I wanted to run away but my feet won’t work with me. I was still looking at what’s in front of me. I saw him but he wasn’t alone. He was with Nana again. I wouldn't have been this surprised if they were just talking. But they were actually kissing in a way that I shouldn’t have seen. She was sitting on Donghae’s lap while they kiss passionately. They stopped as soon as they heard me.

“I’m sorry. I should have knocked first.” I said as I pick-up Yuri’s gift. I was trying hard not to cry. I then left the room as fast as I can.

“Yoona!” I heard him call my name but I ignored him. I run down the stairs and I saw Yuri.

“He’s not there.” I said as I give her the gift.

“Really? I’m sure he was there.” Jong Hyun uttered.

“What’s wrong? Why are you crying?” she asked.

“Nothing.” I lied. “I have to go home. My mom called me.”

 

“Oh my God.” She suddenly said which surprised the two. Donghae and Jessica sat straight up as they fix their clothing.  “Yoona that was nothing.” Donghae started to explain. Yoona went over them and slap him really hard. “How dare you!?” She said and glared at Jessica. “Congratulations! Now you can have him back.” She then walked away from them. She went straight to the elevator. As the elevator was closing, she caught a glimpse of Donghae calling out to her. “Yoona, let me explain.” She didn’t respond and looked away. As soon as the elevator closed, Donghae went towards the stairs and run down so as to catch up with Yoona. She was already out of the building when he was downstairs. He ran out and caught up to her.

“Yoona.” He said to her. “Yoona.” He called out again but she continued to walk. “Let me explain.” He said again but there was still no response from her. “Yoong, let me explain.” He held on to her arm. She then stopped walking and looked at him; waiting for him to say something.

“What you saw back there was nothing. Jessica and I were just talking when she suddenly kissed me. She was there because Taecyeon beat her up and I have no choice but to comfort her.”

“Comfort her, by kissing?” She replied back. “I told you, she startled me.” He said again. “And by the looks of it, you were enjoying it very much.” She replied. “If I didn’t arrived, you might have done something more. Now Donghae, didn’t you liked it when she kissed you?”

Donghae was just silent. Yoona then removed his grasp on her arm and started walking again. Donghae snapped out of his thoughts and run towards her again. “Yoong, I’m sorry. I wouldn’t do that again. You’re the one I love.” Yoona stopped from her pace again and looked at him in the eye. She was trying her best not to cry in front of him. “Please, stop saying you love me when you don’t mean it. I’m getting tired of it.”

“But I meant what I said. You’re the one I truly loved.” He persuaded again.

“You always say that. But just one touch, just one kiss from Jessica; you forgot everything else. I knew it from the start that you haven’t gotten over her but I told myself little by little you’ll learn how to. I thought that showering you with my love and my attention, you’ll forget her. But when you’re on the way of getting over her, she came back and all the efforts I’ve done was put into waste. The feeling for her that you’re suppressing in your heart all this time came out.” She said as she gestured in his chest. “You lied from everyone, saying you’re through with her when the truth is you’re not. I know there is still a small part in you that are yearning to talk to her; to kiss her but you’re just holding it back. And it unleashed a while ago.”

“No, you’re wrong.” Donghae pleaded again. “Donghae, please stop lying to me. I know you to well. I gave you a choice to choose over me and her. I gave you space to think things through. I thought you’ll straighten your feelings but you’re still as confuse as before.” She started walking again.

“Yoona, please let’s talk.” Donghae started to plead at her again.

“Donghae, I’m very tired. I’m tired of crying for you. I’m tired of always thinking about you. I told myself last time that that tears would be the last one I would shed for you. Once it happened again, I’m letting go of you. I’m getting sick of this scenario. If I accept you again, one month; two months; three months will pass and just one provoke from Jessica it would happen all over again.” She said as she hides her tears.

“What are you saying??” He asked as tears were forming in his eyes. She was silent at first. It was hard for her to say those words. “I’m saying we should break up.”

“No, Yoona. I need you.” He pled again. “Need and want are two different things. You may need me for now but you’ll manage later. This is better for us before we end up hating each other. I have to let you go like this while I still have feelings for you. I don’t want to come to a point where hatred and jealousy ate up my heart.” She sadly replied, still trying her best not to shed even a tear.

“Yoona please let’s work things out. Just don’t leave me.” He held on her, trying to stop her from going away. “I have to do this for myself. I hope you understand.” She replied as she removes his arms around her.

“If you want, I can be the old Yoona and you could be the old Donghae. I will do everything to make the pain go away. I will be patient with you until it no longer hurts; until you learned to love yourself again.” He held on her again. “No Donghae, you can’t. I must do this on my own.” She removed his hands again and started to walk; leaving him crying.

 

After a few seconds, she returned. Donghae’s face lit up. But instead of hugging him, he handed him a card. “These past few days, I’ve been meeting with your mom; persuading her to meet with you again. I got a call a while ago and she wanted to see you. She and your brother Kai will arrive from Daejeon. You will meet at that restaurant, 7pm tomorrow. Don’t forget to pick-up your father in the airport at 6:30. I was about to surprise you a while ago but I’m the one who was surprised.” She then smiled and walked away. Donghae looked at the card and started cry. Yoona rode on the bus and started to cry all the tears she was keeping a while ago.

 

She then went on a place she used to go to when she feels down and sad; the place where she feels in bliss after a long and hard day. She was sitting on a swing while she pours all her heart out. She didn’t know someone was looking at her. “She’s here.” The guy said over the phone and went towards her. “Yoona.” He called out her name. She looked back and saw him. “Oh! What are you doing here!?” She said as she was surprised.

 

*Who do you think was that guy? Will it be over for Donghae and Yoona? Will Donghae’s family reunite happily? Find out soon! Only a FEW CHAPTERS remaining until we say goodbye to their story. I hope you’ll stay tune all throughout.

Look out for the next chapter! PLEASE SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS, COMMENTS AND SUGGESTIONS ON THIS CHAPTER. I wanted to know all of it so that I would be aware if you like this chapter or not. It would also help me improve the story. Khamsamnida! ^^ Thank you for all your support! Thank you also for my new subscribers. I hope you’ll love and enjoy the story! :)

A/N: I added a part where Yoona called him before going to his place. It wasn’t in the last chapter because I totally forgot to include it so I just inserted it here.

 For my FILIPINO subscribers, if you noticed it, I used some lines in the movie “One More Chance”. I really like that story and some of the lines (esp. during Basha and Popoy’s confrontation), the famous “She had me at my worst... You had me at my best… And you chose to break my heart, suit this chapter. I also used some lines from my other favorite movies “Paano na kaya?” (in English “What would I do now?”); the part where Bogs and Mae broke up, “Ikaw ang dating Bogs. Ako ang dating Mae.” .

For my other subscribers, I hope you check out those movies. It’s two of a local love story movies that I find very touching and heartbreaking.

Also check out my other story “If you asked me to”. Yoona and Donghae are also present in that story. Just click on the title! Thanks! :)