Why is she like this?

If i gave you my heart

This time I came to school late. All those partying last night made me feel exhausted.

 

"Mr. Lee. Take your seat." Mr. Shin." I hope it won't be a habit of yours to come late."

"Hey. So you've adjusted now, huh?" Yonghwa said as I sat.

"Yeah. New day, new adventure." I replied.

Even though I tried to keep up with Mr. Shin’s lesson on History, I can’t remember anything.

After Mr. Shin left our class, Gyuri asked us.

“Hey! Do you have something to do tonight?” Gyuri asked us.

“Why do you ask?” Yonghwa responded.

“Well, my uncle opened a new club three blocks from here.” She said.”Want to come? We got VIP access.”

“Sure.” I accepted.” Another night of partying!”

We were talking outside the school when Uee approached us.

“Hey Donghae! See you tomorrow!” she said then winked at me.

“See you.” Then she walked away.

“Yo! That was a good catch.” Yonghwa said and gave me high five.

“I know.” I said

“Donghae! Donghae!” I turned to face the source of the voice and saw Yuri calling me. She was with Seohyun and Yoona.

“What now!” Yonghwa complained. I approached them. Jong hyun and Yonghwa followed.

“Hey! What’s up!?” I said then smiled at them.

“I’m inviting you to my dinner party later.” Yuri said to us then handed her invitation. It’s the same time as the party later.

Yonghwa said we can come but Jong Hyun quickly retorted and said we can drop by. But can we?

“Are you sure we can come?” I asked them.

“It’s okay. I said we can drop by, as if they would notice we aren’t around.” Jong hyun replied.

“Dude. You know Yuri loves you. I’m sure she will look for you there.” Yonghwa explained.

“It’s okay. We can text them later that we can’t come.” Jong hyun stated. I hope we can really come. I want to talk with Yoona. There’s something about her that draws me in. It’s like I’m longing for her company.

“So you like Yoona?” Yonghwa said as we were hanging out by the coffee shop.

“What!?!” I said. Do I like her? I’m not sure. I never thought about.

“I know the way you look at her. I can tell. It’s the same one as you gaze at Miss Perfect before.” Yonghwa stated. “So is the bad boy’s heart melting now?”

“You’ll miss these things once you commit.” Jong hyun said. “You know those girls.”

“Donghae will go back to being boring again like the old times.” Yonghwa teased.

“Hey! I don’t like her that much. I’m just challenged by her.” I lied. I’m afraid that what they said will be true once I became serious in a relationship again. It might happen like before.

“Good!” Yonghwa exclaimed. “Let’s party tonight!”

 

The club was filled with plenty of people. Good thing we got VIP pass.

“You’re uncle's club is awesome. The Best one here in town!” I exclaimed at Hara.

“I know! That’s why I invited you guys.” Hara exclaimed.

“Good thing we came to this party instead of the boring dinner party.” Yonghwa exclaimed while dancing with Gyuri.

“Hey Jong hyun! Did you text them that we can’t come?” I asked.

“Chill man. I asked Nicole to text them for us. I don’t have their number.” He replied. We danced and drank all night long that I can’t remember what happened next.

I woke up today with a huge headache. I saw the clock and it was already 9:30. Dang! I have to meet with Uee. I got up and prepared. I looked for some medicine for my headache but found none. I decided to go to a mart to buy some. I was browsing the flower shop when my phone rang.

“Hey Donghae! Let’s meet later.” Hyoyoung said on the other line.

“Uhm. I’m sorry I can’t. I have some errand to do.” I lied. “How about tomorrow?”

“Sure! See you!”

“See you tomorrow.”

I walked up to the mart. As I was browsing the aisles, I saw her. Why do we keep on bumping with eachother? I said hi but she’s not in a good mood today. I asked her what’s wrong but she’s not responding. Maybe something s happened to her brother of friend but she keeps on ignoring me. What’s wrong with her? I followed her to know what happened. I asked her again.

“Hey! Why are you ignoring me?” I asked her after she’s been ignoring me.

“Hey!” I said. I want to reach out to her but she faced me looking at me in the eyes. I’ve never seen her angry like this.

“Next time. Don’t make promises if you don’t intend to honour it.” She angrily said to me.

“Huh?” What is she saying? Before I can defend myself, she left and rode the bus. What is she saying? Jong hyun said he left a message saying that we can’t attend. Why is she being like this? I need to explain it to her. I have to call her.

“Hey Hyoyoung!” I said as soon as she answered the call.

“Donghae. Why did you call? I thought you have an errand to do?” she asked.

“Do you have Yoona’s number?” I asked again. “Can you send it?”

“Sure. Why do you need it?” she asked me again. I’ve got no time to explain.

“I’ve got something to ask her.” I lied.

“Okay.” She replied.

“Okay. Thank you! See you tomorrow!” I said.

“See you!” she replied then hung up.

I dialled the number as soon as she sent it.

"Hello? Who is this?" she asked after picking up. Is she crying?

"Yoona?" I said. I’m hesitating to say my name

"Who is it?" she asked again.

"It's Donghae. Listen." I hope she would listen to me first.

"What do you need? How did you get my number?" she asked again ignoring what I said.

"I got it from Hyoyoung, I want to talk to you. Let's meet up." I have to see her. I need to explain it to her.

"I can't. Besides, what do we need to talk about?" she said. I can feel the irritation in her voice.

"Listen. I'm sorry about last night." I hope she can tell I’m really sorry.

"You don't have to apologize to me. I'm not the one who waited for you to come." She said. Why isn’t she listening to me? If she would just let me explain first…

"I know but.." I tried to talk to her about it again.

"I have to go now." She respond. Wait! Please listen to me first.

"Yoona.. please.." I said but she hang up on me. I tried and tried to call her but she keeps on ignoring me. After a few minutes, I got tired. Why am I calling her? Why do I need to exert this effort? Why do I have to explain it to her even though she don’t want to hear it? If she won’t believe me, then I don’t care. I then dialled a new number.

“Hey Uee.” I said.

“Hey! Where are you?” she said on the other line.

“I’m on my way.” I replied. “Sorry for keeping you wait.”

“It’s okay! See you!” she respond then I hang up. I will not think about what happened earlier. If she won’t talk to me, then I won’t also.