Why are you here?

If i gave you my heart

"Who's here?" I said as I was removing my shoes.

"You're already home?" I heard her say.

As I went closer to them, I saw my mother and father sitting together at the couch. I knew something happened. Hopefully it's not...

"Why are you here?" I asked them. "Omma, shouldn't you be in the hospital? Who is with oppa now?"

"I just came to wash clothes and get some new one." She replied as she check her overnight bag. "Have you eaten?"

"Yes, I ate already. How's oppa?" I asked her. I sat on the empty chair.

"He's still the same." My mother replied in a sad tone. Something is wrong with her, she look pale.

"We heard from Mrs. Kim that Taeyon's condition is stabilized now. The doctor said that she'll regain consciousness  in a few weeks." My father said.

That explains why my mom looked like she's crying the whole day. This is a good new and bad news.  It's a good news because it means that Taeyon will recover while it's a bad news because my brother is still the same. No developments.

 

I thought about texting Yuri,before going to sleep, to know if she's alright.

"Yuri. Are you okay?" I texted her.

"I'm okay now. A little bit disappointed but I'm still fine."

"Good. Be strong okay? Just forget about them. They're not worth it."

"Sure. Thank you for your today. Thank you also for your concern. I really appreciate it."

"You're welcome. See you on Monday."

"See you Yoona!"

"Goodnight Yuri!"

 

When I was abbout to go to sleep, someone knocked on the door.

"Yoona. Are you asleep? Can I come in?" my father asked.

"Okay appa." I said as I sit on the bed. This was the first time, since we moved, that my father entered my room and talk to me. I had a good relationship with my father when I was younger. But as I grew up, there was also a growing up gap between us.

"How is school? my father asked me as he sit at the end of my bed.

"It's fine." I responded.

"Do you need anything or do you have any concerns in your school?" my father asked again.

"None."

"You heard the news. Taeyon's condition stablized already but your brother isn't." he said. I can see that he is also hurting by the turn of events.

"You know your mother was deeply sadden by the news that she became ill." he added.

"Really? Is she okay now?" I asked. I knew she was not feeling well a while ago.

"She's alright. She's sleeping now." my dad responded.

"Who is looking after oppa?" I asked again since all three of us are here at home.

"We asked the nurse to look after him for tonight." he said. " Listen. I want you to take care of him until you mother is better. Since it is weekend, I want you to stay there."

"What?" I asked. It was last month when I visited him because I can't bear looking at him. It broke my heart looking at my brother lying there lifeless with machines supporting his life. Now I have to bear spending time with him at the hospital.

"Appa..... I.......I.......I......can.....I can't......"