Can I change my partner?

If i gave you my heart

 

“Okay class. For our major project for this year which will compose 35% of your grade, you will have to come up with a business proposal. It can be a new one or an existing one in other countries but it shouldn’t be already here. You can think of anything. It can be in the field food, resort, retailing and whatsoever. You’re imagination will be wide as possible. The best proposal will be exempted from our exam. Those who will get 95% and above on this project will have an additional 25 points in the exam.” The teacher announced at room 3-A. All of the students were excited with what they heard. They were already planning and sorting out ideas in their mind. But they we’re all surprised by what the teacher announced next.

“You would all be paired with someone. And to shake things up, I jumbled all the names in the whole year level. It means you might be partnered with a classmate or from the other sections.” Many of the students complained.

“Seonsaengnim! That’s unfair!”

“What if I got partnered from other section?!”

“I don’t want to be partnered with someone from 3-D or 3-F!!”

“I hope I would be partnered with my crush!” There were many murmurs that were heard throughout the class.

“Class please be quiet. This would also test your teamwork, your camaraderie. This would test if you can come up with a good idea even though you are not familiar with another person. Who knows maybe you would all come up with a good idea?”

“I will now announce your name and your partner.”

Song Victoria- Lee Jong Hyun                                     Lee Jooyeon- Lee Joon

Seo Joohyun- Jung Yonghwa                                      Kim Yesung- Goo Hara

Kwon Yuri- Yoon Dojoon                                               Kim Ryeowook- Uee

Ryu Hwayoung- Son Dongwoon                                 Park Yoona- Horvejkul Nickhun

Kim  Sori- Park Jaebom

The teacher announced the rest of the class’ name and their partner. Some were happy with their partner and many were not.

“That would be your final partner. There won’t be any changing of partners. You have to believe in yourself and your partner. You should trust one another so that you’ll come up with a great idea. Remember two heads are better than one. I expect a lot from this section so you have to do your best. You should put your 100% on this. You should meet with your partner this afternoon and talk about your plan. I’ll give all of you a month before you present your proposal. We would have an oral presentation with some judges. That’s all and you’re dismissed.” The teacher said then left the room.

 

“You’re so luck Seo! You’ll be partnered with your Yonghwa.” Yuri said as she pouted. “I wish I was Jong Hyun’s partner too.”

“Not really.” Seohyun replied. “I’m afraid he’ll just fool around once we started our work. He always wants to joke and play around.”

“Yoona’s also lucky. Nickhun is her partner.” Jooyeon said as she looked at Yoona.

“Knowing Nickhun, he would put all of his effort on this project.” Hwayoung added. Yoona smiled at them and faced Victoria.

“Victoria is it alright?” Yoona asked since she still feels guilty towards her. Victoria smiled at her.

“Of course! You’re asking permission as if you’ll commit a crime if you didn’t. Besides, we’re over so you don’t have to say that.”

“Aish! If only I could trade places with Victoria!” Yuri started to complain again. “Why is destiny doing this to me?”

“Don’t complain anymore Yuri. Remember what seonsaengnimtold us, we should believe in our partner and trust him/her so that you’ll have a good proposal.” Seohyun said to her cousin.

“You’re just saying that Seo because you’re partnered with your boyfriend.” Yuri said as she rolled her eyes.

“Seo’s right. You should focus on your partner so that you’ll have high grades.” Yoona said as she sided with Seohyun. Yuri then just kept quiet.

“Hey! I heard Donghae’s partner is the new student, Jessica. Yoona’s half-cousin.” Hwayoung suddenly said.

“Another new victim for Donghae, I hope she wouldn’t fall for him like Nana, Uee and Hyoyoung.” Jooyeon also said as she smirked which made Yoona feel the urge to defend him.

“Hey! Don’t say that! Donghae’s not really a bad guy. Once you get to know him, you’ll understand what I said. Maybe he was undergoing some difficulty that’s why he acted like that. Why don’t you give him a chance? He’ll prove to all of you that he’s not like that. I know it because I’m his friend.” Yoona then abruptly left the room. All of them were surprised by what Yoona just said. They have never seen her like this.

“Yoona’s right. We shouldn’t judge him easily. We don’t know the real reason behind.” Yuri also defended.

“Let’s not talk about these things. Maybe Donghae’s have some issues to solve that’s why he has done those things.” Seohyun also chided in. Both of them followed Yoona.

“Why is she acting like that?” Sori suddenly asked when the two left the room.

“She’s just being a friend to Donghae. They right. Let’s stop talking about this nonsense issue.” Victoria said as she fixed her things.

 

“Yoona wait up!” Yuri exclaimed as they followed Yoona. She then stopped and looked back at her friends.

“Are you okay? What was that a while ago?” Seohyun asked as they were near.

“I can’t stand it when they’re talking ill of him. It makes me sick hearing them. They don’t know the real Donghae. They don’t know why he did that.” Yoona said as she looked at the floor. “I have to stand up for him as his girlfriend. It’s the least thing I can do to protect him here.”

“You’re right. They shouldn’t judge him that easily. Good thing you did that.”Seohyun comforted.

“Kaja. Let’s go! I’m getting hungry.”Yuri said as she rubbed her tummy which made them all giggle.

 

“Unni! Unni! Yoona unni!!” Sulli shrieked as she joined our table. The three of them were startled by her. She was almost running towards them with Krystal on the other side.

“What’s wrong with those two?” Yuri asked as she eyed on them.

“What’s wrong?” Yoona asked when they got near.

“We need your help.” Krystal replied as she caught her breath.

“Help? Why!? What happened!?” Yoona asked as she jolted up. She sensed it was an emergency.

“Unni! Calm down. We’re just here to ask a favor from you.” Krystal replied. Yoona then sat on her chair again.

“I thought it was an emergency. What’s with the running and shouting?” Yoona then drank her juice to calm down.

“So what is this favor you want to ask that you have to run towards us?” The two of them also sat at their table.

“Krystal and I were strolling yesterday when the heel of her shoes broke. She was about to trip when a guy caught her.” Sulli then explained as she smiled at Krystal.

“Then why do you need my help?” Yoona asked again. Yuri scratched her head because she can’t also find the logic behind it.

“Well, Soojung wants to thank that guy and we learned that you knew him. We learned that he’s a friend of unnie’s boyfriend.” Sulli then gestured towards Seohyun.

“Me? He’s Yonghwa’s friend? He got so many friends. I don’t know who among them.” Seohyun replied as she drank her banana milk.

“I didn’t have the chance to ask his name.” Krystal said as she blushed.

“Why don’t you try to describe him so that we’ll know?” Seohyun said. Krystal and Sulli then thought hard as they recalled the guy’s face.

“He’s tall.” Sulli started to say.

“He got a nice body built.” Krystal also said.

“His hair is this short.” Sulli then described his hair.

“He’s like a mysterious guy.” Krystal said in a dazed manner like the guy is standing in front of her.

“He’s eyes twinkle when he smile and…”

“His smile makes girls melt.” Krystal and Sulli both said then smiled after. All of a sudden Yuri spat out her drink. They all looked at her.

“What’s wrong?” Yoona asked as she helped Yuri wipe the juice off her uniform.

“I think I know who they’re referring to.” Yuri replied as she smug.

“Who unnie? Please tell us. I’m dying to know who he is.” Krystal begged with her eyes twinkling at Yuri.

“He’s… He’s… He’s Minho.” Yuri finally said. Krystal and Sulli then celebrated.

“Thank you unnie!!” They both yelled.

“You like Minho!?!” Yuri said in disbelief. Krystal then nodded.

“What did you see in him?” she said as she poked her food. Seohyuan and Yoona saw this and smiled.

“He’s handsome, gentleman and kind. He’s any guy a girl could ask for.” Krystal dreamily said. Yuri then grunted.

“The fact that you know whom we’re referring to means you also finds him like that unnie.” Sulli replied.

“Aish! Never!” Yuri complained then continued to poke her food this time in an annoyed manner.

Krystal then faced Yoona.

“Unnie!! Could you please help me? I want to get to know him.” Krystal pleaded to her cousin.

“As if I could refuse you, you’re so good in pleading. You really took it from Jang Eum unnie, Inna unnie and me.” Yoona replied. Krystal then hugged her gratefully.

“Arasso! Arasso! I’ll ask Yonghwa or better yet, I’ll ask him myself.” Yoona said which made Krystal jumped in her seat.

“Yay! Thank you unnie! You’re really the best” Krystal and Sulli both left while giggling.

“You two really do look alike.” Seohyun said as she still looks at the two.

“Yeah, many people say that.” Yoona replied then looked at Yuri who was still annoyed.

“Yuri kwenchana?” She then asked her friend.

“What? Why?” Yuri said as she suddenly looked at them.

“Is it okay for you if I let Krystal and Minho meet each other?” Yoona asked her. Yuri’s eyes widen then looked at her food again.

“It’s okay. Minho and I are not together plus I already told him to stop bothering me.” She then started to poke her food again.

“You’re saying you’re okay with it but what you’re doing states otherwise. You can say what’s on your mind.” Seohyun said as she stopped Yuri from poking her food. “If you don’t want to eat anymore, stop playing with your food.”

“I’m fine really. You can play cupid to them. I don’t care.” Yuri then crossed her arm.

“Just don’t regret this in the future. I hope you don’t realize that you like him when it’s all too late.” Seohyun replied as she smiled at her cousin.

“Whatever.” Yuri then rolled her eyes.

“If you say so.” Yoona then continued to eat her sandwich.  She then smiled and waved at Donghae when they arrived at the cafeteria.

“Aish. Why is Yonghwa drinking cola again? I told him to stop because it’s not good for his health.” Seohyun stood up and grabbed her extra banana milk then went straight to where Yonghwa and the others were sitting.

Yuri then kept quiet. She feels something in her heart but she can’t pinpoint exactly what she’s feeling inside. She can’t explain what she felt when she learned that Krystal would like to meet Minho. Even though she’s denying it, she feels sad now that Minho no longer comes around. She really misses the way he’s pestering her whenever he’s around her. She somehow regrets saying those harsh things to him.


 

*What will happen to their group project? Will this make Donghae and Jessica friends again? Will they tell Yoona the truth about them? Will Yuri realize her true feelings?

Find out soon! Please do share your comments, thoughts and suggestion. I want to know all of them so that I can improve my story. Khamsamnida! ^^