Hospital Visit

If i gave you my heart

"I can't let omma get sick and oppa alone there. I will sta at the hospital." I responded.

"Okay. Thank you Yoona. Goodnight." he said then kissed my forehead.

"Good night appa."

 

The next morning, I went to the grocery mart first before going to the hospital to buy some things. I was about to go to the cashier when I saw him.

"Hey! What's up? Never thought you're here too." Donghae said.

"Hey." I replied. I can still recall what they did to Yuri and I'm not in the mood to talk to him so I went past him.

"Hey! Wait! How are you?" He replied again following me.

"Fine." I said as I checked out of the counter. He then hurriedly followed me.

"Wait up." He said as he run towards me. "What's wrong with you today?"

"Nothing." I said as I walk.

"Something happened to your brother? your family? your friend?" He asked again.

I am irritated with him. He is acting like he did not do something wrong and now he is concerned about me. Did they not think that Yuri was waiting for them all night. They made her hope they would come. Yuri isn't the only one disappointed. Seohyun and I, as her friends, are also disappointed by what they did.

"Hey! Why are you ignoring me?" He asked again.

"Hey!" He added when I didn't respond. I faced him at look at him in the eyes.

"Next time. Don't make promises if you don't intend to honor it." I replied so that he won't bug me with questions again.

"Huh?" He said then I left him and rode the bus.

 

I arrived at the hospital and I suddenly felt my heart shudder. I felt like it will explode  with every step that I take. Before I entered the room, I took a deep breath.

"Miss. Are you Mr.Park's sister?" the nurse asked as I enter the room.

"Yes." I replied.

"Good.  how's your mother?" she asked again.

"She's okay now. She's resting at home." I responded.

"Good thing. She's tired from staying up and crying so I suggested her to go home and take a rest while I look over him until you came." the nurse said again as she walked towards the door.

"Thank you." I respond.

"You're welcome. I'm at the nurse station if you need anything." she said.

"Okay." I replied. Then she went out of the room.

It's been one month since I saw him, so it felt new looking at him. I placed the flowers on the desk next to him. Lavander, his favorite flowers. I knew he miss the smell of it.  I noticed there were messages and letters posted at the table beside the door. It was from our relatives, his friends, colleagues and teachers. He was loved by everyone. I wonder if many people would also send their wishes if I was the one laying there. 

I went near him and I can clearly see his face. It was smooth like he is just sleeping. His face is so peaceful. I sat on the chair next to the bed and I talked to him.

"Oppa. How are you?" I asked. "It's me Yoona. I hope you're doing well. Can you here me?" I bet he can still hear me.

"It's been a month since I visited you. I'm sorry I can't come often. I can't bear looking at you like that. It breaks my heart."

"Remember Seohyun and Yuri? The one I talked to you about? Well, It was Yuri's birthday yesterday. We had a intimate dinner party. I never knew it was much enjoyable than lavish party and clubbing that I'm used to.She invited these guys from our school but they didn't come. She was really disapointed so Seohyun and I comforted her. Seohyun and Yuri are always there for me. They cheer me up whenever I'm lonely. They do their best to make me forget my worries for a while. I hope you can wake up soon so you can meet my friends.You will like them."

"You know, I really like my school. they accepted me fast there. I made some new friends. Oh! I brought these apple from a classmate. He said they have a good harvest this year so he has given me some. Too bad you can't eat it. "

"There are some group of girls at my school that are bullies. They are like what I used to be. I never thought I was like that before prying on whoever I dislike. But I'm more compassionate though, I think, and I'm even prettier. Haha! Don't worry they can't hurt me. I have friends and you know that no one messes up with Yoona right? I always used to say it before and you will always respond, Except me.hahaha!"

"I miss those days. I hope you can wake up soon. You should be awake before my birthday, okay? We have to celebrate it. You have to treat me. Hey! My hands are getting uglier because of washing and cooking. Good thing Mrs. Byun cleans the house twice a week. I won't survive it if I was the one cleaning it. "

"I wish you could wake up soon. I really miss you." I said then tears were rolling down my cheeks.

Suddenly my phone ring. I look at it and it says it was from an unknown number. I cleared my throat and answered the call.

"Hello? Who is this?" I asked.

"Yoona?" Someone said on the other line.

"Who is it?" I asked again.

"It's Donghae. Listen."

"What do you need? How did you get my number?" 

"I got it from Hyoyoung, I want to talk to you. Let's meet up."

"I can't. Besides, what do we need to talk about?"

"Listen. I'm sorry about last night."

"You don't have to apologize to me. I'm not the one who waited for you to come."

"I know but.."

"I have to go now."

"Yoona.. please.." He begged. Then I hang up. Why is he apologizing to me? Isn't it Yuri whom he have to say sorry for.

Someone was calling again..

"Hello?"

"Yoona. Please listen to me first." Donghae said on the other line.

"I'm busy" Then I hang up again. He then called and called. My phone rang again after 10 minutes, I was really annoyed so I answered it. He needs to stop calling.

"Donghae! Could you please stop calling. I told you I'm busy!" I shouted at him.

"Yoong. It's me." It was another voice I heard.

"Sunny!?"