She already knows

If i gave you my heart

 

Days have passed; Donghae and Yoona would rarely see each other. They have so many things to handle like their midterm exams and also because of their major projects. There were times that they would only talk on the phone for a few minutes because of their tight schedule.

“Hey, Donghae and you don’t have much time with each other unlike before. Is that okay?” Yuri asked Yoona one day after their class we’re dismissed. “He spends more time with your cousin, Jessica.”

“Yeah. We’re totally okay with it. We understand each other. Our love and trust for each other is still there for each other. I’m confident he wouldn’t do anything behind my back. I trust him and Jessica.” Yoona replied.

“But don’t you think you also spend quality time with each other. Yonghwa and I make sure that we spend an entire day with each other. Even if we have something to do, we makes sure we make time for one another.” Seohyun said which made Yoona think about it. “You should make time for him too. It’s not enough that you trust and love him.”

“Seo’s right. If you won’t do it, you might wake up one day realizing you no longer love each other like it used to be. Look at what happened with Victoria and Nickhun. They fell out of love. Nickhun woke up one day realizing he doesn’t love her anymore and you’re the one he loves.” Yuri also added which made Yoona think more. She doesn’t want her relationship with Donghae to end up like them.

“Don’t worry I’ll ask him.” Yoona said still worried.

“I just hope…” Yuri said but Seohyun cut her off.

“He won’t fall in love with Jessica again.”Yuri just mumbled to avoid hurting Yoona.

 

Because of her friends’ advice, Yoona went to Donghae’s table during their lunch break.

“Annyeong.” Yoona waved at them when she approached their table. All the boys waved back.

“Do you have any plans this afternoon? Are you going to meet up with Jess?” Yoona said as he sat beside them. Donghae was startled at first but he kept compose.

“Nothing. Why’d you ask?” Donghae replied as he ate his food.

“Is it wrong for me to ask?” Yoona jokingly said as she crossed her arms; acting like she’s irritated.

“Anniyo.” He just shook his head still looking at his food.

“Well, I just miss hanging out with you. It’s been three weeks since we last went out. Can we eat out after school even just for a few minutes?” Yoona said as she pleads. Donghae just looked at her.

“Please? I miss you Mr. Fishy.” Yoona said while doing her aegyo. The other boys smiled at her cuteness.

“Okay.” He replied as he looked back on his food again.

“Okay. See you later at the Italian café just around the corner.” Yoona said then walked back towards their table again.

 

“What’s wrong with that boyfriend of yours?” Yuri said when Yoona sat beside her.

“Why? What’s wrong?” Yoona asked back. Yuri was still looking at Donghae. Yoona also looked at him but found nothing.

“He’s acting cold towards you a while ago. He wasn’t like that before.” Yuri replied.

“Maybe he’s just tired because of basketball practice and also from studying.” Yoona said as she looked back at her boyfriend. She knew Yuri was right. Donghae was acting different with her. He wasn’t as affectionate as he was before. Yoona then thought something is wrong with him.

“Maybe they’re right. I should spend more time with him. I miss him so much.” Yoona thought.

“I told you. You should spend more time with him. You should ask him what’s wrong.” Seohyun said.

“Don’t worry; we’ll meet up after school later. I will ask him about it.” Yoona replied. Seohyun smiled at her while Yuri was still deep in her thoughts.

“Yah Yuri! What are you thinking?” Yoona said as she threw a crumble at her.

“Nothing.” Yuri just said. But deep inside her, she was thinking of what she and Seohyun heard from Jong Hyun and Yonghwa.

 

“You go ahead. I’ll wait for Donghae inside.” Yoona said when they passed by the Italian café.

“Okay, have fun!” Seohyun said as she smiled sweetly.

“Don’t forget to ask him what’s wrong.” Yuri reminded. Yoona nodded at her.

Yoona then went inside the shop and went straight to an empty booth at the rear side. Fifteen minutes has passed but Donghae didn’t arrive. She called him for a few times but he wasn’t picking up. She decided to wait for another ten minutes. When he still didn’t arrive, she started to get worried.

“I wonder what took him so long. Maybe something happened to him”Yoona thought then decided to leave and look for him. She was about to stand up from her seat when she heard familiar voices at her back. She peeped then saw Donghae’s friends, Heechul and Hangeng, talking with each other.

“I heard Sica’s back in town and that she goes to the same school that Donghae goes to. I wonder if they have…” Hangeng stopped when he saw Yoona; his eyes widen in shock. Heechul also looked back at her with the same expression.

“Annyeong Hangeng oppa! Annyeong Heechul oppa!” Yoona said as she greeted them.

“Did you just arrive or you were here a while ago?” Hangeng asked her.

“I was here twenty-five minutes ago. I was waiting for Donghae to arrive.” Yoona replied.

“Really? Where is Donghae?” Hangeng asked again as he looked around the café.

“He didn’t come. I was about to leave to look for him.” Yoona replied as she glanced at her phone.

“You can sit with us while you wait for him.” Heechul said as he scooted to make room for Yoona.

“Do you know where he is? I’ve been calling him but he doesn’t pick-up.”  Yoona asked as she sat. Both of them looked at each other before they spoke. “We don’t know.”

“Maybe he went to finish something.” Hangeng replied.

“Don’t worry. You can hang out with us in case he won’t come.” Heechul said. Yoona smiled at them. Another ten minutes passed by, Donghae wasn’t still there. Yoona then decided to hang-out with them instead. They talk and laugh while they ate their food. Yoona temporarily forgot about Donghae hanging up on her. Suddenly, someone entered the café. They looked at the entrance and found Shindong instead.

“Hi guys!” he waved at them then approached the table. “Oh! Yoona you’re here.”

“Annyeong Shindong oppa.” Yoona greeted back.

“Good thing you’ve already ordered. I’m so hungry.” He said as he looked at the foods. He ate his food fast which made Yoona chuckle at him.

“Yaah! Easy there. We got company.” Heechul said as he gestured towards Yoona.

“It’s okay. Shindong oppa can eat his food comfortably.” Yoona said as she smiled at Shindong.

“Sorry, I forgot.” Shindong said as he drank his juice.

“I saw Sica and Donghae a while ago. Are they in good terms again? Did Donghae forgive her?” Shindong absent-mindedly asked them. He forgot Yoona was with them. The other two stiffened after hearing him. Yoona curiously looked at them. She was sensing something. They were looking at each other then back towards Shindong.

“What did I say wrong?” Shindong asked again. They were making eye signals to tell him to shut up.

“What did you say oppa?” Yoona asked again. Shindong avoided her gaze and drank his juice again.

“What did Shindong oppa say?” Yoona asked the other two. They just looked back at her without saying anything.  Yoona was frustrated with them so she just recalled what Shindong just said.

“Is she?” Yoona thought when it all clicked in her mind. She looked at them and they were all bothered by Yoona’s silence.

“Oppas, I’m gonna ask something and please tell me the truth. I beg you.” Yoona said as she pleaded. They all looked at each other then nodded their heads in agreement. She then felt nervous. Deep inside her; she hopes what she assumes is wrong.

“Is Jess…? I mean is Jess the one.” Yoona swallowed hard. She can’t find her voice to say it. “Is she the one who broke Donghae’s heart? Is she his ex-girlfriend?” Silence was then present among them. Yoona was waiting for them to answer while they wait for one of them to answer her. The three looked at each other hesitating to talk first. Yoona was getting more nervous as she waits for them. Heechul was then the first to talk. “I guess she has to know. I don’t want to make her fool.” The two nodded. Yoona looked at him.

“It’s true. Jessica was Donghae’s ex-girlfriend.” Heechul said. “You have to talk to Donghae. Maybe he has reasons why he kept it from you.”

 

Yoona’s POV

I was shocked by what he said. Never in my wildest dream that I would thought that Jessica was Donghae’s ex-girlfriend. Now she realized why Donghae acted like that when he found out Jessica was going at the same school; when he realized she was my half-cousin; and when he realized she was his partner. I felt my heart throbbing in pain. There were many questions I want to ask him. Why did he hide it from me? Why didn’t he tell me about his past? Why didn’t he tell me Jessica was the girl? Tears were then forming in my eyes so I excused myself from them.

“Thank you for keeping me company today. I’m going home now. I’ll excuse myself first.” I said as I pick up my things and left money to pay for my order. I was trying all my best not to cry in front of them. “Annyeong.” I bowed then abruptly left the shop. Tears continued to flow from my eyes. I felt betrayed by what he did. He didn’t consider what I would feel if I learn it from others and not from him. The worst is that I was waiting for him the whole time while he hanged around with her. Maybe he forgot about me. Maybe he still has feelings for her.

End

“You’re so stupid!!” Heechul said as he hit Shindong’s head. He then felt worried for Yoona. Suddenly, he noticed her purse. He got it then went out and looked for Yoona. He then saw her walking through the crowds as if she’s not aware of her surroundings. She wasn’t conscious of the people she kept on bumping. Heechul then ran towards her.

“Yoona.” He said as he grabbed her arm. Yoona then faced him.

“Hey oppa. Did I forget something?” she asked as she wipes her tears.

“You forgot this.” He then handed her purse.

“Thank you.” She said as she gave him a weak smile. She placed it inside her bag.

“I’m sorry you have to hear it from us.” Heechul said still looking at her. He knows she was keeping back her tears and it pained him looking at her.

“It’s okay oppa. You did the right thing. I’ll go now okay?” she replied then moved his hand around her arm. “Annyeong.” She bowed then left. He was still looking at her from the back. He knew she’s hurting right now. Heechul then took his phone out and dialed a number.

“Yoboseo?” a male voice said after a few rings.

“She already knows.” Heechul replied and then the call was cut. Donghae hanged up on him. Heechul still looked at where Yoona left. His heart ached looking at her in that situation. Ever since, he hated looking at girls cry because it also pains him. That’s the reason why he changes girl before it becomes too serious. What throbs his heart more is that his childhood crush is crying and he doesn’t know what to do to comfort her.

*What would happen between Yoona and Donghae? Will Yoona forgive him? Does he still love Jessica?

Find out soon! Please share your thoughts, comments and suggestion on this chapter. I wanted to know all of it son that I would know if you like this chapter or not. It would also help me improve the story. Khamsamnida! ^^ Thank you for all your support! Thank you also for my new subscribers. I hope you will love the story! :)