Tree of Lights

If i gave you my heart

“Where are we going? Why won’t you tell it to me.” I asked again. I hope what I’m thinking is wrong.

“Aish! You’re so impatient Yoong!” he said.

Then suddenly my eye caught something. As we got nearer, I saw some beautiful lights. Trees were covered with bright lights. We walked through the trees and at the end, there was a picnic mat that has been set-up below a tree covered with lanterns.

 

“Donghae! What’s this?” I asked him. He was happy with my reaction. I really love this. No one has ever done this to me.

“Do you like it?” he asked me. He knew the answer to his question. It is written all over my face.

“No.” I replied. He was disappointed by what I said. I then laughed hard.

“It’s perfect! No one has done this to me!” I answered. I still can’t believe it.

“Why did you do this all of a sudden?” I asked him again.

“Well… This was supposed to be plan if ever I would confess to you. But it didn’t turn out like that, so I’m doing it now.” He then went down on his knees.

“Miss Park Yoona, will you be my girlfriend?” he then asked as he showed a couple ring.

“No, I won’t.” I joked then laughed. He then pouted at me which made me laugh harder.

“Of course.” I said then he hugged me. “As if I have a choice, you’re boyfriend anyways.” He then laughed.

“Come on. Let’s eat.” He said as we sat on the mat.

“Daebakk! When did you prepare all this?” I asked him as he took out foods.

“I made them. Don’t laugh but I did these this afternoon before I fetch you.” He said as he gave me sandwich. I tried one and it tastes not bad at all.

“Even this kimbap?” I asked him again.

“Not that one, I just bought it a while ago.” He said.

“How did you do all these? It must be a hard work.” I asked.

“Not really. I asked some help from Yonghwa and the guys.” He answered.

“Here, taste this.” I said as I fed him with strawberry covered in chocolate. We then played with grape catching afterwards.

 

“Thank you Donghae for this; for loving me; for being there for me. I really love it.” I said as we cuddle under the tree watching the stars.

“Anything for my Yoong dear.” He said as he kissed my cheek.

“I saw Nana crying at the washroom a while ago. I felt really bad for her. I know it’s my fault that you broke up with her.” I said.

“No it’s not your fault. It is mine. I was a jerk. I never should have used her. I’ll do my best to correct my mistakes. I’m happy now that I’m with you. I couldn’t ask for more.” He said.

“Me too.” I replied as I kissed his cheek.

“Donghae?” I suddenly said.

“Hmmm.” He answered.

“Can I ask you something?” I replied.

“What is it?” he asked back.

I shifted my position so that I can look at him.

“Aren’t you curious about your mother’s whereabouts? Don’t you want to look for her?” I asked. He was surprised by my question.

“No, why would I? She’s the one who left us.” He answered; his face with no expression.

“But don’t you feel empty because she’s not present in your life. I know you miss her.” I replied. He was just silent.

“If you want to look for her, I would be glad to help you. I know you’ll be happy once you meet her again.” I added. He was still silent. I hope he would consider my offer. “I think it’s about time to forget what happened and forgive her. After all she is your mother and you can’t change that fact. Don’t worry I’ll be here for you.” I then hugged him. He was still silent with his eyes closed.

“Donghae? Can I ask one more question?” I said.

“What is it this time?” he asked back without opening his eyes.

“I hope you won’t get mad.” I said. He just nodded.

“I’m just curious. You never told me why you broke up with your ex-girlfriend. The one you’re with at the party.” I said. He was again silent; eyes still closed. Maybe he still didn’t want to talk about it.

“It’s okay if you don’t want to answer.” I suddenly said. Why won’t he say? Is he still hurting? Does he still love her?

I then shut my mouth. I feel hurt that he still can’t let go of his past. I can feel my eyes got teary. He then looked at me. I didn’t look back. He might see I’m teary.

After a few minutes, he suddenly spoke.

“Something happened during the party. When I decided to look for her, I can’t see her around. I looked for every possible place that I can find her but she wasn’t there.” He started. He was looking up at the sky as he spoke.

“After sometime, someone told me where she was. As I approach her, I heard she was talking to someone. Turns out it was her first love, begging for her to come back. She willingly agreed, forgetting about me. That’s the reason why I thoroughly closed my heart on love. But when I met you again, something happened. I thought I locked my heart but turns out you found the key. You brought out the best in whatever’s left of me.” He said then he kissed my forehead. I smiled at him. I’m touched by what he said. I’m glad too. We’ve found each other to be the light at the darkest time of our lives.

“Why are you suddenly asking these questions?” he asked.

“Nothing. I was just curious.” I answered.

“You’re too curious Yoong dear.” He said as he pinched my nose.

“Yaa! It hurts!”I exclaimed as I playfully hit him.

“You should meet my other friends.” I said.

“Who?”  He asked curiously.

“My friends from my former school. You know them, one of them is Jungshin’s girlfriend, Sooyoung.” I answered.

“Really? It makes me feel nervous.” He replied.

“Don’t worry. They won’t eat you.” I joked which he chuckled. “Just don’t be too overwhelmed. They might get too noisy or loud at times but they’re actually really friendly.”

“I’m happy to hear that you’re friends with them again. Is your friend okay now?” he said.

“You mean Taeyeon? She’s recovering well. She would go back to school next year. She’s taking up special classes so she’ll be in fourth year next term.” I answered.

“How’s your oppa?” he asked again.

“Same old. The doctor gave us one month to two and a half. If he didn’t wake up by that time, we would be given a choice if we would still continue or not.” I answered. I feel sad again. I know if he’s awake, he would be happy for me.

“Don’t be sad. Everything will turn out fine, like us.” He said as he eases me.

“I hope too.” I replied. “I think it’s also the time you two meet up.” He eyes got bigger.

“Really?” he said.

“Yep. I think he also wants to meet the guy who stole his little sister’s heart.” I replied. We both then laughed. I’m happy we found the key to each other’s heart. I can’t imagine going through all of these without him. I wish our happiness would always stay the same. I also hope my brother would be fine.


*What would happen between Donghae's meeting with Yoona's friends? Will they approve him? Will he also meet Leeteuk? Is Donghae still in love with Jessica? Will he reunite with his mother?

Find out soon! Please do share your comments, suggestion and thoughts! I want to know all of them! I'm desperate! haha Khamsamnida! ^^