Time off

If i gave you my heart

 

“Why do you have to do that Donghae?!” Yoona said as she looked at him. She felt the urge to punch him in the face several times until he bleeds severely. But she suppressed the impulse to do it.

“I felt mad for what he’s doing.” Donghae reasoned out. “What is he even doing here?”

“I called him. I needed someone to talk to.” Yoona replied as she avoids his gaze. She’s controlling her temper.

“You can talk to me.” He said as he cupped her face. Yoona hastily removed his hand.  She then snapped at him.

“And what!? Tell another lie!?” Yoona angrily said. “Donghae, why do you have to hide it from me?” Donghae looked at her pleading.

“I didn’t hide it from you. I just don’t want it to bring up. I don’t want to make a big fuss about it.” He answered.

“I would’ve understood it all if you just told it to me in the first place. I’ve been asking you about it but you just shrug off my questions.” His face then went blank.

“Please Yoona, forgive me. It won’t happen again.” He begged. He was trying to hug me but I kept on pushing him away.

“Trust you? Don’t you know how hard it is for me to trust you again?” Yoona said.

“Please Yoona. Don’t be like this.” Donghae replied.

“Why didn’t you want to talk to about? Why didn’t you want to talk about her?” She suddenly asked. He was silent at first but then he answered. “I just hate bringing it up. I don’t want to open it up to others.”

“Others? Am I a stranger? Donghae, I’m your GIRLFRIEND!!!” Yoona exclaimed emphasizing the last word. Donghae was also surprised by what he just said.

“You knew that she’s my cousin but still you hid it from me. You know I would understand all of it.” Yoona mumbled. There was an awkward silence after that.

“Did you even remember you were supposed to meet me? Or did you forget it?” Yoona asked him. Donghae was just silent. He knows that he was wrong for doing all those things to her. Guilt splashed all over him.

“Do you know I’ve been waiting for you for about twenty-five minutes? I was worried something bad happen to you. But I was wrong. You’re with Jessica enjoying yourself while I was alone troubled if you’re safe or not.” Yoona said as she stops the urge to cry.

 “Yoong. I didn’t mean to say that. You know I never intend to hurt you.” He said as he pleads again.

“Before, I’m sure about it but now…” Yoona said as she looked down.

“Yoong please don’t say that.” He said as he cupped Yoona’s face again. She quickly removed his hands. “I didn’t mean to say those words.”

“No Donghae. You meant it. Do you want me tell you why you don’t want to talk about her? Do you want me to tell you?” Yoona said as tears were coming out from her eyes.

“No Yoona. Please don’t do this to me.” He said as he tried to hug her but Yoona just kept on dodging off his hands.

“It’s because you still can’t get over her. It’s because you still LOVE HER!! You still can’t forget her!!” Yoona suddenly exclaimed. Donghae was surprised by Yoona’s words. His eyes got bigger.

“Now tell me Donghae. Am I wrong? Or am I correct? Do you still love her? Do you still love Jessica?” She suddenly asked which taken aback Donghae. He hasn’t got the chance to answer her because of it.

“Just what I thought.” Yoona said didn’t expect Donghae to be silent like that. “Let’s just take some time off so that you’ll get to answer me straight.” Yoona then went inside and slammed the gate, leaving Donghae still dazed on the turn of events.

Yoona walked back inside the house. Tears were uncontrollably flowing out of her eyes. She closed the door and hurriedly went towards the kitchen, avoiding her maid and Nickhun’s stares. She got a glass and drank water.

“Yoona, is everything alright?” Nickhun asked as he followed her to the kitchen.

“Are you okay Yoona?” her maid also asked with concern.

Yoona made an okay sign; her back on them.

“Yoona.” Nickhun said again. He knows she’s feeling otherwise.

“I’m okay really.” She replied with a harsh voice.

“I gave him some time off to think things through. He needs to sort out his feelings. He needs to reflect his feelings for me and for Jessica.” Yoona said as she put the glass on the sink. The other two just looked at her with concern.

“Thank you Nickhun for today. I really appreciate your help. I think you have to go now. I’m tired. I want to sleep early.” Yoona said as she walked over them. It’s evident in her eyes that she has been crying non-stop. “I’ll see you tomorrow. Take care.” Yoona said as she waved at him; giving him a weak smile. She then faced her maid. “Can you please him outside? Make sure Donghae’s not around before he leaves. Lock the doors and windows before you sleep.” She then went upstairs and locked the door. All throughout the night, Yoona was crying. She can’t believe that Donghae would do that to her. The first guy she loved broke her heart in a million pieces. She loved him purely and deeply but he just took it all for granted. What hurts the most is that Donghae didn’t beg her to go back to him. She was half-expecting him to call and plead for her forgiveness. But she was wrong.

 

The weekend has passed but Donghae didn’t even bother to contact Yoona that hurts Yoona more. Seohyun and Yuri decided to visit her as soon as they heard about the news from Nickhun.

“Where is Yoona?” Seohyun said as soon as the maid opened the gate for them.

“She’s upstairs, crying all night and day. She also won’t eat anything. I’m very worried of Miss Yoona. If she gets sick, Mr. and Mrs. Park would scold me.” The maid said as she worries over Yoona’s condition. “I hope you could talk to her.”

“Don’t worry. We’ll kick some wits out of her.” Yuri replied then went upstairs with Seohyun.

They opened the door and found Yoona lying on the bed. Her eyes were swollen from all that crying.

“Yoona, are you okay?” Seohyun said as she lay beside her.

“You know you can talk to us.” Yuri also said as she did the same.

“It was all lie. He broke his promises. He lied to me. He still loves her.” Yoona started to sob again.

“Hush. Did he say it directly? Did he tell you that she still loves Jessica?” Seohyun asked.

“No, but there was a pause, he didn’t answer me quickly when I asked him about it. If he’s sure about his feelings, he would’ve answered me right away.” Yoona answered, still crying.

“Maybe he was just shocked by what you asked him that’s why he didn’t answer you at once.” Seohyun reasoned again.

“Yah Seo. Are you on his side? Why are you defending that guy? Yoona’s our friend. She’s the one who have been made fool of.” Yuri frustratingly said.

“I’m not taking sides here. I’m just listening to the story first before I react.” Seohyun defended. Yuri shook her head in disbelief. “Did you break-up with him?” Seohyun faced Yoona again.

“Not yet. I just gave him a time-off so that he can thinks things through. He needs to ponder whom he really loves.” Yoona answered.

“Did he call or text you? Did he beg for you to come back to him?” Yuri asked. Yoona’s face changed.

“That’s the reason why I feel his really confused; I was half expecting for him to beg for me but he didn’t.” Yoona depressingly said. “He’s puzzled about his feelings.”

“Let’s just wait for him to make up his mind. I know how he loves you. You’re the one who helped him up when he was truly down.” Seohyun said as she comforted her.

“I hope so. But if he didn’t, well it’s his loss. You can meet more guys.” Yuri said as she winked at her. “We can have blind dates if you want. Or we can date each other.” Yoona then laughed at her. “Crazy.” She said at her friend.

“So to keep your thoughts off on him, let’s go out.” Seohyun suddenly said. “Don’t waste your time sulking inside your room.”

“You have to show him that you can move on without him. You have to prove him that it would be a waste if he lets you go.” Yuri said. “Let’s go and prettify ourselves.” Yoona smiled at her.

“Thank you guys for being here. I’m really grateful to have you guys as my friends.” Yoona then embraced them. “That’s what friends are for, right?” Yuri said.

 

“You can do this Yoona. You must not show him that you’re thoroughly affected.” Yoona said to herself as she looked on the mirror.

“Uhm… Yoona, would I separate these sandwiches and your lunch into two containers like before?” her maid interrupted. Yoona would always ask for her maid to divide her packed lunch into two so that she could give the other one to Donghae, since no one prepares food for him.

“Anniyo. From now on, I’ll bring foods enough only for me.” Yoona answered. The maid just nodded and went to the kitchen.

“Wait! I’ll bring another pack of sandwich to school. I’ll just give the other to someone.” Yoona said then looked at herself in the mirror again. “Fighting.” She mumbled.

“I’ll go now.” Yoona said then closed the gate. She was shocked when she saw Seohyun and Yuri waiting for her outside.

“Good morning.” They both happily said.

“Good morning.” Yoona greeted back. On the way to school, Seohyun and Yuri kept on talking while Yoona just respond whenever she’s asked.

“Yoona. If you ever cross paths with Donghae, be sure not to let him see that you’re in pain because of what happened. Let him see that you’re a strong woman.” Yuri said when they reached their school grounds.

“Just continue with your daily routine. You also must not let that Jessica steal him from you at the same time.” Seohyun said which surprised the other two. Yuri chuckled at her.

“It’s about time Seo.” Yuri then gave Seohyun a high five.

“Yoona fighting!” They both said. Yoona just smiled at her.

The first half of the day went by with Yoona not seeing Donghae which made Yoona grateful. She doesn’t know what would happen to her if she would see him after what happened. Lunch break then came. She knew she can’t avoid him this time. She then prepared herself mentally that she needs to be okay in front of him. When they entered the canteen, they found Yonghwa’s table occupied. She knew he’s with them. As they passed by their table, she gave all of them a smile while she avoided looking at him.

“You can go ahead. I’ll just give Yonghwa the food I packed for him.” Seohyun said as she went over their table. Yoona and Yuri then went to their usual spot. Yuri then noticed the other packed sandwich that Yoona brought.

“Yoona to whom will you give that?” Yuri said as she gestured towards it. “Don’t tell me you’ll give it to…” She was about to finish her sentence when Yoona cut her off.

“No it’s not for him. It’s for Nickhun. It’s a thank you gift.” Yoona said then looked through the crowd. “Speaking of which, I’ll give it to him.” She looked through the busy canteen and found Nickhun’s table.

“I’ll be back.” She said as she got the pack and left.

“Hey.” Yoona said as she went towards Nickhun’s table. He was sitting with his friends Jo Kwon, Seoulong and Jinwoon.

“Hi.” Nickhun sweetly smiled at her.

“Hi crush.” Jo Kwon jokingly said to her. Yoona smiled in turn.

“So what brings you here?” Nickhun asked.

“Uhm… Here’s a thank you gift for you.” Yoona then handed him the sandwiches. Nickhun happily opened it.

“Thank you.” He replied. He tasted one and smiled at her. “You’re really the best.”

“Wait, what did you two did last night?” Seulong curiously asked the two.

“Yah Nickhun! Are you courting my crush?!?!” Jo Kwon said as he glared at Nickhun. Yoona laughed at him.

“Anniyo! I’m not courting her. We’re just friends.” Nickhun said as she shook his head.

“He’s right. We’re just friends.” Yoona smiled. Jo Kwon sighed in relief. “He just helped last night.”

“I see.” Jo Kwon said.

“Can we also have a piece?” Jinwoon asked.

“Sure. Help yourselves.” Yoona replied. They all took a piece of a sandwich.

“Woah! It is really delicious.” Seulong said as he gave her an ok sign.

“You’re really the best Yoongie.” Jo Kwon also happily said.

“You should hang out with us soon.” Jinwoon also said still eating his piece.

 

On the other hand, Donghae and his friends noticed Yoona went over Nickhun’s table.

“Is Yoona friends with them?” Doojun asked Seohyun as he gestured to Yoona.

“Yeah, she’s a close friend with Nickhun. Jo Kwon and the others eventually got close to her too.” Seohyun replied.

“Isn’t Nickhun likes Yoona?” Junhyung also asked. Seohyun just nodded.

“Look at him. His eyes are sparkling whenever she smiled at him.” Junhyung said again still observing them.  The boys then looked at Donghae.

“Wait. Why isn’t Yoona giving you your share of her lunch?” Yoseob asked. He was curious too. No one in his friends at school, except for Yonghwa and Jong Hyun, knew what happened last Friday night between him and Yoona.

Donghae just nudged the question and looked at his food. “Looks like she’s giving it to someone else.” Doojun gestured towards the other table. Donghae’s eyes got bigger upon seeing Yoona laughing with Nickhun as she gave him sandwiches. Donghae felt pang in his heart. He prepared himself for this but he just can’t help but feel jealous. He remembers her sweet smile whenever they talk with each other. He knows he was wrong and this is his consequence. When he can’t stand it anymore, he got up and left.

“Donghae where are you going?” Jong Hyun asked but Dongahe just shrugged it off. He feels irritated, mad and sorry. It was full of mixed emotions. When he was outside the canteen, he saw a familiar figure. When he got nearer, he noticed it was Jessica.

“Care to have lunch with me?” Jessica smiled at him as she handed him food. Donghae smiled in return.

*Who do you think Donghae would choose? Will it be Yoona or Jessica? Will Yoonhae break up eventually?

Find out soon! Please share your thoughts, comments and suggestion on this chapter. I wanted to know all of it son that I would know if you like this chapter or not. It would also help me improve the story. Khamsamnida! ^^ Thank you for all your support! Thank you also for my new subscribers. I hope you will love the story! :)

I also uploaded my previous chapters that weren’t retained when the site got back. These are not thoroughly edited so I’m sorry if there are typographical errors. I'm also sad that all your previous comments were gone :(