Friendship ring

If i gave you my heart

 

I woke up the next day. It was our last day here. I’m sad leaving this place; it brought back happy memories from my childhood. It breaks my heart leaving my grandparents once again. My stay here made me realize so many things and made me think about Yonghwa. Even though, I’m sad leaving, I also look forward meeting my friends especially Yoona and Yuri.

 

As I was bringing down my things, I smell the aroma of food coming out of the kitchen. I knew my grandma is preparing a delicious meal for us before we go. We enjoyed the meal. This would be our last meal we’ll share together. We’re all not sure when we’ll meet again. After we finished eating, my grandmother called me and gestured me to follow her.

“Here are the kimchis I made.” She said as she took out three plastic containers.

“This is for Yoona and Yuri.” She said then handed me the two. I was then curious of to whom she would give the last one.

“And this is for Yonghwa.” She said as she gave me the last one. “Tell him to give a note after he received this.”

I just nodded. I knew my grandmother would plan something like this so that Yonghwa and I could talk or approach him.

“I’ll look forward to that note. So Seo Joohyun, you should give it to him, okay?” she said. She wanted an assurance that I will really give it to him. “Tell that also to Yoona and Yuri.”

“Yes omeoni.” I answered. She smiled back.

“So what are your plans now?” she suddenly asked as we were walking back to the house.

“Huh?” I asked back.

“What are your plans with Yonghwa? Do you have a respond to his confession?” she asked again.

“I don’t know yet.” I answered. It was true I still can’t think of anything.

“Why?” She asked again.

“He just confessed to me and he didn’t ask my opinion.” I replied.

“But it’s rude to keep him waiting. A girl shouldn’t let a man wait too long. You should think about your it now before it’s too late.” She said.

“If you’re going to ask me, I’m fine with him. I know he really loves you. The way he looks at you, tells it. Can’t you notice it?” she added. Does he look at me like that? I don’t really notice.

“But he was drunk at that time. I don’t know if he’s telling the truth or if he was aware of what he’s doing.” I replied.

“Seohyun, when people are drunk, they are fully aware of what’s happening around them. As what others would say, people intend to express their true feelings and thoughts when they’re drunk.” She explained.

“You mean he’s telling the truth?” I asked. She nodded.

“Maybe, but in my opinion, he really means it.” She answered. “I always knew you two have mutual feelings for each other. You just don’t say it out loud.” She added. Well, she not the first one to say that.

“He’s done his part now so it’s all up to you now.” She continued to enlighten me. I was then silent, analyzing everything; thinking what to do.

“Seohyun, we have to go now.” My mom suddenly said.

“Okay omma.” I said then we went to the front yard.

“Say goodbye to your grandparents.” My father said as soon as he saw us.

“Goodbye abeoji.” I said to my grandfather as I hug him.

“Goodbye my dear. I hope to see you soon. We will miss you.” He replied. “Don’t forget to study hard. We’re very proud of you.”

“Yes harabeoji. I’ll miss you too.” I answered as I hug him again.

“Goodbye halmeoni.” I said as I turned to face her.

“Goodbye my dear. Don’t forget what I told you.” She replied. I just nodded.

“Follow your heart.” She said as she hand me something.

“What is this?” I asked her as I looked at the thing she gave me. It was two rings made as a pendant on a necklace.

“These are the rings that you and Yonghwa used to wear before. You decided to buy an exact new one when he you lost your when you went to the beach. You asked me to accompany you in finding the exact same ones. We looked throughout the entire Seoul but we didn’t see one. You didn’t give up and in the end we saw what we’re looking for.” She explained.

“But you didn’t give it to him; you left it here when you visited us when you were in middle school.” She added. I carefully studied the rings. I suddenly remember that day.

“Yeah, I can recall it. I was supposed to give these to him but he was not the same after that vacation. We were not the same anymore. I decided there’s no point of giving it to him anymore.” I answered.

“Now is the right time to give it to him.” She replied. I smiled at her. “Remember what I told you.”

“Goodbye abeoji, eomeoni.” My father said as soon as he was finished putting the bags on the car.

“We will visit again soon.” My mother also said.

“No, we’ll visit you. I want to see Seoul.” My grandfather answered.

“Okay abeoji. Call us if you’ll come so that we can prepare.” My mother said.

“Let’s go. We don’t want to arrive late.” My father said as he went to the car. My mother and I followed.

“Goodbye! I will miss you! See you again soon! I love you!” I exclaimed and waved as we were moving. They were waving back while smiling at us.

When we were going at the highway, I looked at the rings again. Memories flashed back. It was happy memories we shared. I was weighing on some things. Thinking of what I should do and what I say. I removed the other ring and placed it on my pocket while I wore the necklace. I have to see him soon.


 

* What will happen to them? Will Seohyun return it to him? What will happen now that their vacation is over?

Find out soon! Please do comment and share your thoughts! Khamsamnida! ^^

I'm sorry if I didn't update these past few days. I was reviewing for an important exam I took today. 

Next Chapter: First day after Winter break