Photograph

If i gave you my heart

 

“Omo! There are new customers.” A lady said as soon as she saw them. Yoona, Yuri and Seohyun went straight on an empty chair near the counter. “Annyeong! I’m Jea. I’m here to take your orders.” She then handed out a small menu with all the foods they sell.
“What are we going to order?” Yuri said as she looks through the menu.

“Are you new here?” Jea asked. “De, we’re from Seoul and we’re here to visit a friend of ours.” Seohyun replied. “She recommended eating here before we drop by her house.” “Oh really? The owner also came from Seoul. She would be happy if she finds out. By the way, who is that friend of yours?” Jea happily asked again. All of them looked at each other trying to find out what to say. “Pil sook.” Yuri suddenly blurted out. “Pil Sook? Never heard of her name.” Jea said as she scratches her head. “Maybe from another village.” “Jea, stop talking. Go take their orders.” Another lady from the cashier yelled out. “Okay Miryo. Geez, I’m just being friendly here.” She then took out her pen. “What’s your order then?” She smilingly asked them. “What can you recommend?” Yuri replied as she put down the menu. “You can try our special noodle called Sunday Special. Our chef here only cooks it every Sunday. It’s what our customers look forward to by the end of the week.”“Okay. We’ll order that and also sweet milk tea.” Yoona replied.

Jea left and went towards the cashier. She then talked to Miryo about them. “They’re from Seoul. Mi Sook unnie will be happy to know about them. You know how she loves it when people from Seoul visit her shop. It reminds her of her old life.” Jea said as she waits for the order. “I’ll tell her later once she’s done.” Miryo replied. “Jea unnie, table five wants water.” Another lady joined the conversation. “Go help out Gain.” Miryo handed her the pitcher.

After a few minutes, Jea came back with their order. “Here’s the Sunday special and sweet milk tea.” “Oh! Khamsamnida!” Yoona said as she got her food. “Omo! This is really delicious.” Yuri said after she tasted it. “You’re right.” Seohyun also ate. “The noodles are firm yet it’s easy to chew.”Yoona also said. They ate the food with satisfaction.

“So how do you plan on meeting her?”  Seohyun said after their done eating. “I don’t know.” Yoona said as she looked around the shop. Out of the blue, Jea went to them. “Our chef will meet you. She heard you praise her food so she’ll come by later.” Suddenly, a lady in went out the kitchen. She went straight to their table. “Hi! I’m Mi Sook. I heard you like my cooking.” She then straightens out her hand to shake hands with them. The three looked at each other before extending theirs. “Hi! I’m Yuri and these are my friends, Yoona and Seohyun.” Yuri said as she gestured towards the other three. “So I heard you were from Seoul. What brings you girls here?” She asked as she sat beside Yoona. “Yes, we are. We just visited a friend of ours and she recommended eating here before we go back.” Seohyun explained. “She’s right. This is the best noodles I’ve tasted so far. There is something in the noodles. It’s not an ordinary one.” Yoona said. Mi Sook smiled at her. “You’re right Yoona. There is something I did with the noodles.  You’ve got a good sense of taste.” “Oh Khamsamnida!” Yoona happily thanked her. They spend a few more minutes talking about random things from the new happenings in Seoul to Mi Sook’s life in Daejeon.

“Where is your son aunt Mi Sook?” Yuri suddenly asked. “He just went somewhere he’ll be back soon.”Mi Sook replied. “Uhm, Aunt Mi Sook, Can I ask a very huge favor?” Yoona suddenly said, hoping for Mi Sook to grant her request. “What is it?” She smiled brightly at her. “Well, uhm, there’s this person that is really important to me and he likes noodles. If you don’t mind, can you please teach me the recipe of this Sunday Special?” Yoon asked and anticipated for Mi Sook’s response. “I’ll be glad. If that person’s really important for you, then I’ll teach you girls the secret recipe.” Yoona gratefully thanked her.  “Let’s start?” Mi Sook said then leads the way towards the kitchen.

“Aunt Mi Sook, you said you left your family because of a guy. Then you realized you were wrong to leave them. But why didn’t you come back?” Yuri suddenly asked as they prepared the ingredients. “I was ashamed of what I did. When I left, I realized I was pregnant with our second child with my husband. I moved her to Daejeon and started everything from scratch. I’m afraid to go back because they might not accept me and worst they might doubt my son.” Mi Sook said, almost teary-eyed. “This noodle is a favorite of my son. When he was little, he used to ask me to cook this for him every Sunday. “Aunt Mi Sook,I think it’s about time you face them. You’re son might also yearn for a father.” Yoona said which silenced Mi Sook. “There’s a time for that and I don’t think now is the right time.” Mi Sook said as she continues to knead the dough.

 “Thank you for teaching us Aunt Mi Sook. We have to go now.” Yuri said as they head out the store. “We will be back again and also promote your store in Seoul.” Seohyun also said. The two of them looked at Yoona then headed out first. “Aunt Mi Sook, thank you for teaching us. I’m sure my friend would like this very much.” She then hugged Mi Sook which surprised her. “I hope you would find your way back home to your family.” She then handed her something before leaving. “Annyeong Aunt Mi Sook. I hope we’ll see each other again.” She then waved and followed Yuri and Seohyun. Mi sook looked at the thing Yoona handed her. She found a recent picture of Donghae. She was teary eyed as she looked at her son’s face. She caressed Donghae’s face. It was a long time since she saw him. She looked at the back of the picture and saw a message.

Aunt Mi Sook,

Here’s a picture of Donghae. I hope you would take a chance to meet him. He misses you a lot. This would mean a lot to him. He’s the person I was referring to earlier. He didn’t know I found you. It’s my surprise for him. I hope you shouldn’t let him down. Here’s my contact number and address. I also wrote Donghae’s address. You can contact me to know any recent news from him. Thank you for being heartwarming. I hope to see you soon.

                                                                                                                                Yoona

“Omma, who were those ladies you were talking earlier?” Kai asked. Mi Sook hurriedly hid the picture and wiped her tears. “They’re just customers from Seoul. They asked me to teach them the recipe of Sunday Special.” “Oh really? Speaking of which, I want some Special Sunday to eomma.” He said as he led them inside the store.

“Yoona, what did you give her?” Yuri said as she they walk to the bus stop. “I gave him a picture of Donghae. I hope it would change her mind.” Yoona looks forward to the day Mi Sook would change her mind.

 

It was school day again the next morning. Yoona was preparing for school when Leeteuk entered her room.

“Oppa. Did you forget to knock first before coming in?” She irritably said to him. “Don’t worry I’ve seen all that. We used to take a bath together, remember?” He teasingly asked as he lay on her bed. “That was when we’re small!” She shrieked. “Anyways, I have to go to school. Don’t worry Taeyeon will come as soon as she’s done with her home-school. She might arrive after lunch so you won’t feel bored here.” She then took her bag and went outside the room. “Remember not to stress yourself too much.” She said as she was about to leave the house. “Yes ma’am.” He saluted her which she just laughed at. “Take care on your way to school and don’t get involved in a fight, arasso? He said as he waved at her. “Arasso. Annyeong oppa! See you later!”

It was lunch break when Yoona heard a guitar playing. The sound was coming nearer and nearer. They were then surprised upon seeing Donghae along with Jong Hyun and Yonghwa playing the guitar. He then started to sing.

 

Neol bomyeon (nan) useumman (nawa) sujubeun misokkajido Yeah
Nal boneun ne nunbicheun seulpeun geol hoksi ibyeoreul malharyeogo hani
Baby

Maeilgachi tto banbokdoel nae moseube neoneun geurido jichyeonneunji nal
Yongseohagenni?
Dasi hanbeon deo saenggakhae saenggakhaejullae ijeneun nochi anheulge

Neoreul ullin geon naega baboraseo
Neoreul bonaen geon naega bujokhaeseo neol
Jiuryeo haetdeon geureon nareul yongseohae jwo nal
Jebal dasi sumeul swil su itge

Neol bomyeon (nan) nunmuri (heulleo) nareul baboro mandeuneun neo
Hoksirado ne mam byeonhal ttae doraol gire naega seo isseulge Baby

Junbihaetdeon ne ibyeori naegeneun jigeum jugeul geot gachi apa sigani
Jinado
Ajik neoreul bonaegien bonaegieneun hae julge neomu manheunde Yeah

Neoreul ullin geon naega baboraseo 
Neoreul bonaen geon naega bujokhaeseo neol
Jiuryeo haetdeon geureon nareul yongseohae jwo nal
Jebal dasi sumeul swil su itge

Saranghandan mal neol hyanghae haneun mal
Bogo sipdan mal neol ango sipeun mal ojik han saram
Neoreul jikigo sipeo dasi (naege) dorawa jul neoreul wihae

Yoona kept on crying upon hearing the song. She didn't know Donghae would do such thing. She was touched by his gesture. All of the girls in the room also started to cry.

“Yoona, I believe this is for you.” He then handed her a bouquet of roses. “I hope you like it.” He shyly said which made Yoona blush. “Thank you.” Yoona smiled at him. “Doesn’t it come with a chocolate?” She looked at Donghae; expecting him to hand it out. “Chocolates?” Donghae asked then searched through his pockets. “Guys, do you have chocolates?” He then turned to his face. “We don’t.” They also said as they search through their pockets. “I’m sorry. I think I forgot one.” He looked apologetic to her. Yoona pouted at him. “Aish! You should know that when you bring flowers, there should be a chocolate along with it. What should I do with this flower?” She then put down the flower and sat on her chair. All of a sudden, Joon entered the room. “I have a delivery for Park Yoona.” He jokingly said, then handed out a box. She opened it and saw it was a box full of different chocolates. “Yah! I thought you didn’t bring one!?” She said as she hit his arm. “I didn’t. I have it delivered.” He smilingly said as he saw Yoona blushing. Out of the blue, Seungho also entered the room. “A delivery for Park Yoona.” He said then went outside and called someone. Joon entered with a big Rilakkuma plush toy which shocked everyone especially Yoona. “Omo! Rilakkuma!!” She shrieked upon seeing it. She put down the chocolates and got the stuffed toy. “Thank You!!! It’s my favorite!” A big smile was plastered on her face which satisfied Donghae. “I’m glad you liked it very much.”

 

Donghae decided to take Yoona home. They were walking towards Yoona’s house when Yoona suddenly asked him. “Donghae, don’t you miss your mother?” She suddenly asked. “Why?” He asked back. “Nothing.” She smiled and looked at the stuffed toy. After a few minutes, Yoona asked him again. “What would you feel when you meet her again?”Donghae was startled by her question. It caught him off-guard. He just stared at her finding in his heart on what to answer.          

 

*What would be Donghae’s reaction? Will he be happy or not? Would his mother go back and find him?

Look out for the next chapter! Please share your thoughts, comments and suggestion on this chapter. I wanted to know all of it so that I would be aware if you like this chapter or not. It would also help me improve the story. Khamsamnida! ^^ Thank you for all your support! Thank you also for my new subscribers. I hope you’ll love and enjoy the story! :)