At the bridge

If i gave you my heart

“Nickhun” I said as I take his handkerchief. He then sat beside me.

“Why are you crying?” he asked.

“I’m not crying. A dust just went inside my eyes.” I lied. He then laughed.

“Do you think you can fool me with that? Do you think I’m a little kid that would believe your story?” he jokingly said. I laughed at him.

“See. You’re better when your laughing.” He said.

“Thank you.” I replied then he smiled at me. This scene is familiar. Donghae also comforted me while I was crying.

“Do you have a problem? Is there something wrong with your brother?” he asked again. “You can tell me. I won’t tell anybody.”

I looked at him and he was sincere. I know I can trust him.

“Well.” I started. I was quite hesitant to tell him. “There’s this guy I like.”

“And?” he asked.

“He confessed that he also likes me. At first, I didn’t tell him my feelings. But when I was about to, I saw him with another girl and I saw them kissing a while ago.” I answered. He then tapped my shoulder to comfort me as I was crying again.

“I know I shouldn’t feel this way but I can’t help it. It hurts looking at them; looking at the person I love, love someone else. And the worst part is that I let him go, just like that.” I continued. Tears were still coming out from my eyes.

“Who’s that guy? He’s so stupid. He didn’t wait for you enough to make up your mind.” He replied.

“It’s Donghae. Isn’t it? He’s the one you’re talking about.” He suddenly said.

“What?! How did…” I said surprised of what he just said. How did he know I was talking about him? Am I that obvious?

“I can tell by the way that you look at him. I was at room 3-C when I heard you gasp. I went outside and saw you crying then you ran away. I then saw him and Nana also went out. I heard him shout your name.” He explained. “I decided to follow you because I know you’re hurt.”

“I know how you feel. It hurts looking at the person you love, love someone else.” He replied. I looked at him in confusion. Was that the reason why they broke up?

“Why? Does Victoria love someone else?” I asked as I remember they broke up.

“No.” he replied.

“Then why?” I asked again.

“She’s beginning to be cold towards me. We never talk like before. We’re not the same anymore. After not seeing her for quite a while, I realized my love for is not like what it used to be. And I broke up with her so that it won’t be unfair for her. I don’t want to hurt her anymore.” He explained. I felt bad for him.

“I’m sorry to hear that.” I replied. He was also teary. “Here, you can talk back your hanky.”

“No thank you. It’s full of your tears and you even blew your nose using it.” He jokingly said again. I laughed at him.

“Since we’re on the same note, we’re both heartbroken. Let’s do something fun so as to forget for a while.” He suddenly offered.

“What do you have in mind?” I asked.

“Come with me. I’ll take you to a place where we can pour our hearts out.” He said as he grabbed my hand and led me somewhere.

 

“What are we doing here?” I asked as a small bridge emerged before us.

“We can let out all of our feelings here. It would make you feel good after.” He replied.

“How?” I asked again feeling confused. I still don’t know what the bridge have to do with our purpose here.

“Watch me.” He answered then he yelled.

“VICTORIA!!! I’M SORRY IF I BROKE UP WITH YOU!! I HAVE TO DO THAT SO THAT I WON’T HURT YOU ANYMORE!!  I WANT TO SAVE YOU FROM MORE HEARTACHE IF I DIDN’T DO IT!! I’M SORRY IF I DIDN’T KEEP MY RPOMISE TO YOU!!” he yelled as loud as he can. No one heard him because we’re the only one there.

“Try it. You’ll really feel better after that.” He said as he encourages me. I looked at him for a second then yelled.

“DONGHAE!!! YOU PABO!! I HATE YOU FOR CONCLUDING THAT EASILY!!! WHY DID YOU THINK I DON’T LIKE YOU!! I LOVE YOU!! AND I’M SORRY FOR SLAPPING YOU, I WAS JUST CAUGHT ME OFF GURAD!! WHY DIDN’T YOU WAIT FOR ME?!!” I shouted after that I was feeling a whole lot better.

“You’re right! It does feel good after.” I said to him. He smiled at me.

“OPPA!!!! TEUK OPPAAAA!! CAN YOU HEAR ME???? PLEASE WAKE UP SOON!! WE’RE VERY WORRIED!!! OMMA AND APPA ARE VERY WORRIED ABOUT YOU!! YOU SHOULD WAKE UP SOON!!! I MISS YOU!! WE ALL MISS YOU!!! I PROMISE TO BE GOOD IF YOU JUST GO BACK!!!” I yelled again. My heart really does feel lighter.

“HEY YOUUUU!! WHEN WILL YOU EVER NOTICE ME?!! WHEN WILL YOU NOTICE THAT I LIKE YOU?!!” Nickhun yelled too.

“IF THAT GUY DIDN’T WAIT FOR YOU, DON’T YOU WORRY I WON’T BE LIKE HIM!! I WILL WAIT FOR YOU TILL YOUR HEART IS READY TO FALL IN LOVE AGAIN!! I’M WILLING TO WAIT FOR YOU!!” he yelled again. I froze. He was talking about something else now.

“Nickhun, what was that?” I asked him when I thought about it.

“Are you talking about….” I didn’t finish my sentence. I might be wrong.

“Yes Yoona. I’m referring to you.” He suddenly said. I was shocked.

“Huh? Why?” I asked again still confused about the matter.

“I don’t know why but all I know is that I’m happy when I talk to you. I’m happy that you trust me with all your problems. I tried to ignore it because of Victoria but I can’t hold it any more. It was also one of the reasons why I broke up with her. Because I think I love you.” He suddenly said.

“Nickhun…. You’re a very good guy but… but... You know I love Donghae and Victoria and I are friends. It would hurt her. I don’t want to hurt her.” I replied. “I’m sorry but I only think of you as a friend.”

“I know.” He sadly said. “But I’m willing to wait unlike Donghae. I’m willing to wait until it’s not complicated anymore. I didn’t ask you to feel the same for me. I just want to tell you my feelings so that it won’t burden me anymore.”

“I don’t know Nickhun but all I can offer now is just pure friendship. You know that.” I replied.

“It’s okay with me. I told you, I’m willing to wait whatever it takes.” He replied. I just smiled at him. I know if it’s not too complicated, I would’ve accepted him. He’s a very good guy but that wasn’t the case.

Suddenly, I heard his stomach grumble. I laughed at him.

“I think you need to eat now.” I laughingly said to him. He laughed too.

“Do you want to join me?” he asked.

“Sure but you would pay for the bill.” I replied.

“Let’s go.” He said then we left the place.

We were walking towards the restaurant, where we ate samgyupsal before, when we saw them walking together; holding each other’s hand. 


*What would be Donghae's reaction when he sees them? Would there be a double date between the four of them?

Find out soon! Please do share your thoughts and comments. Khamsamnida! ^^

Next Chapter: Dead Drunk

Anticipate the next chapters something big will happen soon! :)