That familiar voice

If i gave you my heart

 

 

“Didn’t  mean it?? Wow! You ruined my life and now you say you didn’t mean it? You didn’t mean belittling me? Don’t you know how much I suffered because of what you did?” she lashed out on me.

“Jess, I’m sorry. I just did that because I thought you want to outshine me. I thought you were jealous of me and that you wanted to get harabeoji and halmeoni’s attention away from me.” I replied but she didn’t listened.

“So you also didn’t mean taking my first love away from me???” she accused again.

“Wait… What??” I asked in confused. I don’t remember ever doing that to her. Even though I was a b*tch before, never once did I try to be a home-wrecker or something. I was not capable of doing that ever.

“You know Taecyeon right?” she said which made me cringed after hearing his name.

“Why? How did you know that assh*le??” I asked back still confused at what she’s trying to say.

“He’s my first love, the one you stole away from me.” She accused again. I didn’t know that. I don’t know he was her first love. I didn’t bother asking him that since I wasn’t interested at him. Plus we we’re never together. He was just an acquaintance and he just courted me because I was popular back then. He was just challenged.

“I didn’t know. Taecyeon and I were never together. I never liked him.” I answered.

“Never liked him? Why isn’t that the case when I saw the both of you at your school’s party? Is that what you’re saying that you don’t like him??” she asked again.

“No Jess. You got the wrong idea.” I replied but she just shrugged me off.

“Don’t you know how hard it was for me to fit in this family? I did my best so that this family would accept me. But you always made it hard for me, you always make me felt incompetent towards you and that no matter what I do, I would be always an outcast in this family. You even stole away my sister from me.” She said as now tears were forming at her eyes.

“I’m sorry.” It was the only thing that I could muster up to say.

“Well your sorry wouldn’t do anything now.” She coldly said then walked away. I was still in dazed by all the things she said. I never knew that I made a great impact on her. I never realized I was being harsh from her.

“Are you okay? Why did Jessica went upstairs early?” Jaekyung unnie asked.

“What did you two talked about? It looks like it was serious.” Ara unnie also said, I just shook my head.

“She was just tired unnie that’s why she left and went upstairs.” I answered. Ji-eun and Krystal then went towards us.

“Unnie!! Unnie!! The boys prepared a song and dance number!!” They both squealed.

“I better get to see them making fool out there!” Ara unnie said as she and Jaekyung unnie  rushed towards them. I looked upstairs then went at where they were gathered.

“Yah!! Palli!!! We don’t have all the time!” I heard Inyoung unnie complained which made the boys hissed back.

“Omo! It’s starting.” Inna unnie said as soon as a song was played.

“Yah!! Where’s your energy?!” Jang Eum unnie exclaimed at them.

“Go oppas!” I cheered them on. They smiled in return.

 

DONGHAE’S POV

I was waiting for Yoona in a park when all of a sudden I heard a familiar voice.

“Haneu-reul talmeun sarangi nae-gedo ju-eojigil
Nan eonjena gidaryeowaht-jyo
Byeolbichi ban-chagineun nal norae-haneun jeo
Saedeulye mellodie majchwo keo-reoy”

(English trans:  I had been waiting for the love like the sky to come to me)


I followed where the voice was coming from and I found a girl with blonde long hair walking around the park. I can’t see her face because her back was on me. I was so sure that voice was familiar. Out of curiosity, I went nearer as she sat on a bench while she was listening on her ipod. I then noticed something as she looked at the sky.

“Sica?” I said to myself as I saw her face.

“It can’t be.” I thought again. I rubbed my eyes to know if I’m really seeing her but she was still there; sitting, looking at the sky as she listen to her ipod. I then felt something I’ve never felt before. It’s like an old wound opened up again. I then straighten my back as I retreat away from her. I was about to leave when I heard someone call my name.

“Donghae? Donghae!? Donghae!! Hae!!” I turned around and saw Sica coming towards me, with a smile plastered on her face.

“Hey.” I said when she got near me.

“How are you? Why are you here?” she suddenly asked me.

“I’m fine. I’m about to meet someone.” Suddenly my phone beeped. I looked at my phone and read Yoona’s message that she arrived at the park.

“That’s her. I better get going.” I said as I smiled.

“Girlfriend?” she asked.

“Yeah.”

“Oh! Good thing. I’m happy for you.” She replied with a smile but her eyes were telling otherwise.

“I guess I’ll be going now.” I said as I retreated back.

“Nice to meet you! You don’t know how much I’ve missed you.” She suddenly said. I suddenly froze in my place and looked back at her. “I’m sorry for what I did in the past. God knows how much I suffered because of that mistake. If only… if only I can turn back the time, I would do the right thing.”

I coldly replied. “Well you can’t. You did some decisions and now bear with the consequence.” I then turned my back and walked away before I could lose my temper. I suddenly felt pangs in my heart as I talk to her. Why is she saying these things to me? How can she appear when I’ve already moved on? When Yoona have already made me whole again.

 

“Jagiya, what’s wrong? You looked like you saw a ghost or something.” Yoona said as I approached her.

“Nothing. I’m just tired.” I lied as I put my arm around her.

“Really? My poor Mr. Fishy.” She said as she hugged me.

“I’m sorry for being late.” She continued. “But I’ll make up for it.”

“How?” I asked as I looked at her. She suddenly smiled then kissed my cheeks. I then felt relieved. She really does make me happy at times like these. I’m so glad I have her in my life. Without her, I don’t know what would’ve happened to me.

 

*Flashback*

Donghae and Yoona just had a fight three days before. Seohyun and Yuri were at Yoona’s house as they do their homework when suddenly Seohyun’s phone rang.

“Yoona. Yonghwa called, Donghae’s been drinking non-stop. No one could persuade him to go home. He doesn’t want to go.” Seohyun suddenly said. Yoona then stopped from doing her homework.

“Where are they?” she said as she stood up. Along with Yuri and Seohyun, they went to the where Donghae and the others were hanging out. They arrived at the venue and saw Donghae sitting with the others as he drinks.

“What’s with him? Why is he doing this?” Yoona asked Yonghwa.

“Today is Donghae’s mother’s birthday. When Hae arrived home earlier, he found out that his father left him. He said in a letter that he has to go away to redeem back himself.”  Yonghwa explained as they looked at Donghae who was crying as he drinks.

Yoona then felt sad for Donghae. She felt what her boyfriend is feeling at the moment. She knew that he feels as if he is abandoned and alone. She then went straight to him and snatched away the beer he was drinking.

“Yaaah! How dare you get my drink!?” Donghae yelled and was surprised as he saw Yoona.

“Yoong?!”

“Donghae. Stop drinking. Let’s get you home.” She said as she assisted him.

“Home? I don’t have a home.” He replied as he removed Yoona’s arm. “Everybody left me; my eomma, my appa and also you. Nobody loves me anymore. Am I that bad? Why does everyone keep on leaving me?” He looked down and started to cry. Yoona then sat beside him.

“No Donghae. You’re wrong. You’re friends are here. I’m here.” Yoona replied. Donghae looked up at her. “I’m still here. I won’t leave you. I love you.”

“I will always be here. Even though everyone would turn their back on you and leave you, I promise you I will stay. So please stop this and let’s get you home.” She then assisted Donghae again as she stood up.

“Really? You’ll be always beside me?” he asked. Yoona nodded in assurance. He then cried and hugged Yoona.

“I love you Yoong! I’m sorry. I won’t do that ever again. I love you! I love you!” he then kissed her in the lips then hugged her tenderly again.

“Let’s get you home.” Yoona said then they left the place.

 

“What are you thinking?” Yoona asked again when Donghae spaced out.

“You have to treat me to an ice cream shop, okay? That’s your consequence for being late.” He said as he pinched Yoona’s nose; avoiding the question.

“Yaaaa! That hurts!!” she complained.

“Let’s go!!” he said as they held hands and went to an ice cream shop.

 

All throughout the night, Donghae has been tossing and turning on his bed thinking of what happened. Jessica’s words still plays in his head. “If only I can turn back the time, I would do the right thing.”  He can still see what Sica looked like while she talked to him. How her face was full of remorse and guilt as she said sorry.

“I wonder why she’s in town again and what happened between her and that bastard.” He thought to himself.


*Will Yoona and Jess patch-up? What will happen now that Jess is back? Will it affect Yoona and Donghae’s relationship?

Find out soon! Please do share your comments, thoughts and suggestion. I want to know all of them so that I can improve my story. Khamsamnida! ^^