Surprise call

If i gave you my heart

 

“Yoona? Yoona?” the familiar voice repeatedly said. I still can’t find my voice to answer.

“Yoona. Are you okay?” Donghae was also saying beside me.

“Taeyeon?” I finally muttered. She’s awake now. I’m glad she’s fine. I’m so happy that I can’t help but cry.

“Yoona. Do you hear me?” she asked me again. Am I dreaming? Is she truly awake?

“How are you?” I asked her. “When did you regain consciousness?”

“I’m fine now except I can’t walk. I just recovered yesterday morning.” She replied. “How about you?”

“I’m fine.” I answered.

“How’s Teuk oppa?” she asked. She was worried of him.

“He’s still the same.” I replied. I can hear her crying on the other line.

“Hey. Don’t cry. It might be bad for you.” I said. I was also crying like her.

“How did you get my number?” I asked her.

“From Sunny, she told me that she met you.” She replied.

“Listen. You should pay me a visit tomorrow. The others are also coming.” She suddenly said.

“Really?” I asked. I was hesitating to come.

“Please? For old time’s sake? For me?” she pleaded.

“Okay.” I finally muttered. I think it’s about time I meet with all of them.

“Really!? Thank you! I miss you!” she happily exclaimed on the phone.

“I miss you too.” I replied. I was still crying.

“See you tomorrow okay? I’ll wait for you.” She said.

“See you.” I replied then she hung up.

What should I do now? What will I say to them? What would they say? What would be their reaction when they see me? Will they be mad? Will they be happy? Or will they be sad? I was thinking so much that I forgot he’s with me.

“Are you okay? Is everything alright?” he asked me.

“Huh?” I replied. “Yeah. It was from my friend.”

“Then why are you crying?” he worriedly asked me.

“My friend finally woke up from coma. She wants me to visit her tomorrow.” I answered.

“Really? That’s a good news, but why are you sad?” he asked me again when he noticed I was worried of something.

“I’m afraid of what they will say if they saw me.” I answered. “Have I told you that when we moved here, I didn’t tell my friends about it? I just left them without saying goodbye.”

“Why did you do that? They’re your friends.” He said.

“I was shameful to face them because I knew I’ve been treating them poorly. I’ve never been a good friend to them.” I replied.

“How did you know you’ve not been a good friend?” he asked.

“No one did, I just realized it.” I answered.

“See. It was just your assumptions. I think they don’t feel that way towards you.” He replied. “You need to see them.”

“I’m afraid they’ll be mad at me.” I said.

“Don’t think of that. They’re your friends. I’m sure they’ll understand you.” He said. He was comforting me. I’m really glad I talked to him. He makes me realize some things I can’t see.

“I can’t go there alone. I’ll feel nervous tomorrow and I’m afraid I might back out.” I muttered. I want a friend to be with me but they’re currently out of town.

“Why don’t you bring Yuri or Seohyun? I’m sure they’ll help you out.” He replied.

“They’re not in Seoul now.” I said.

“If you want…..” he said but he didn’t continue.

“What?” I asked him.

“Never mind.” He answered. Why doesn’t he tell me?

“What is it??” I asked again. I was getting impatient. I don’t want to guess anymore.

“Well… I just thought…If you want…” he answered. He was hesitating to say. I looked at him. “If you want I can accompany you.”

“If you only want.” He added. I was thinking of his offer. Is he serious? Isn’t it too much? Well he’s my friend now so I can also ask him if he wants to.

“Are you serious?” I asked him.

“Only if you want.” He repeatedly say again.

“Thank you!” I exclaimed then hugged him. When I realized it was too much, I removed my hands. I looked down and I was blushing again. Why do I keep blushing when I’m with him? We were then awkward after that.

“Why don’t you stay at the hospital when you’re always alone here?” He suddenly asked.

“I don’t want to stay there. I can’t bear looking at him. He’s suffering because of me.” I answered.

“Haven’t I told you not to blame yourself anymore?” He said. I remember he told me not to always blame myself of the accident that happened.

“You should finish you’re snack.” I suddenly said changing the topic. He followed. I can tell he really likes the food so I offered him something.

“If you want, I can prepare food for you some other time. I know you rarely eat a home-made food. Tell me your favorite food, maybe I can cook it for you. It’s my way of saying thank you.” I said to him. He smiled at me.

“I like Dakdori tang. Is it okay?” He replied.

“Sure. I can make one for you soon.” I replied.

“I’ll look forward to that.” He said. He smiled at me. I knew he was thankful of that. Suddenly his phone ring.

“Yoboseo?” he said as he pick up. I tried to taste the sandwich I made.

“Yes I am” He answered again. I can hear a woman’s voice. “Okay, I’ll be there.” His smile changed. I knew something is wrong.

 “I guess you have to go now.” I said when he was finished talking on the phone.

“I guess so. Thank you for today. I really appreciate it.” He said.

“No, thank you for accompanying me today. It helped me a lot.” I replied.

“See you tomorrow then.” He said as he went to his car.

“Okay. Where are we going to meet?’ I asked him.

“I’ll pick you up at 10 a.m.” he replied. I smiled at him then nodded.

“I want to thank you for being my friend.” I said to him.

“Me too.” He answered. He was hesitating to leave. I laughed at him.

“You may go now.” I said.

“Okay.” He said then got in.

“Good bye! Take Care!” I exclaimed while waving my hand. He then sped off. I went back to the house smiling. I’m going to meet my friends tomorrow. I knew it would turn out good because I know he’s there for me. He would give me courage to face them. He has faith in me which sometimes I don’t have for myself. I’m glad I get to know a person like him.


 

*What would happen tomorrow? Will it turn out good as what Yoona hopes? Will Donghae accompany her? What would be their reaction if they saw her?

Find out soon! Don't forget to share your comments and thoughts! Khamsamnida! ^_^