I'm sorry

If i gave you my heart

She looked at me coldly like she didn’t care that I greeted her first.

“Hi!” she replied then walked away from me which kinda made me feel irritated.

“Unni! Let’s go!” Krystal said as she went towards me.

“What did Jessica unnie said to you? You looked really irritated.” She whispered while we were sitting at the car. She decided to ride with us instead.

“Nothing.” I replied as I look through the window.

“I know you’re not in good terms with her. Just give her some time maybe she’s just tired from the trip.” I just smiled at her in return. She’s right, I should give Jess some time before she open up.

“Any way, I have tons of gifts for you. I know you’ll like it.” she said which made my mood lighten up.

“Really?? Khamsamnida!! You really do love me!!” I squealed as I hugged her.

“You’re welcome. I’m glad we’ll stay here for good. I don’t like it there in Chicago. It’s good to be back here in Korea. I miss the foods here.” She said which made me laugh. She was drooling as she mentioned all the foods she wants to eat again.

 “If you want, I can cook for you.” I offered. Like everybody, she was stunned by what she just heard.

“You?? Cook?? As in real food?? Not microwaveable??” she asked still surprised.

“Yaaa! You should credit me a bit. Why are you all surprised whenever I mention that I cook?” I pouted which made her my grandmother laugh at me.

“It’s not like that. We’re just surprised that our princess now knows how to cook.” My grandmother said as she touched my hand. I smiled at her. I know they were all surprised by the change in me.

“I will look forward to your cooking. I bet it tastes good.” Krystal replied.

“You should cook for us too.” My grandmother chided in. I felt happy by what I just heard. They’re encouraging me on what I do.  “I will.”

 

“How are you nowadays unnie?” Krystal suddenly asked. There was seriousness in her voice. “Are you okay now?”

“Yes. Why?” I asked back.

“I know you also suffered a lot after the incident. The mails you sent to me before were all nonsense. It’s as if you’re not clearly thinking while you wrote it.” I then recalled about it. She’s right. I was not thinking clearly at that time.

“Ah yes! I’m sorry about it. That was the worst time I had. I was blaming myself from the accident. I excluded myself from everyone including my friends. I had no one to talk to and I just kept on crying and crying.” I replied. I realized my head was blank while doing my mail for her.

“It’s okay. I’m glad you’re doing well now. You don’t know how much I miss you. I don’t have a partner in crime back there.” She replied and sulked at the last words.

“Why? How about Jess?” I asked still confused by what she just said.

“You know unnie. She’s quite cold and boring a lot of times especially when she came back from Korea. She always locks herself in her room. Besides hanging out with you is much more fun.” She said. “The Park sisterette is really back!” then we made our signature hand gesture.

 

We then went straight to the house and found our other family members. My uncle Sungki’s family: Inyoung unnie, Jaejoong oppa, Yunho oppa and Ji-eun; my aunt Eunha’s family: Inna unnie, Ara unnie, Changmin oppa; uncle Seo-kyu’s family; Jang Eum unnie, Yoochun oppa, Jaekyung unnie, Key, Taemin. It was like a family reunion. It was just sad Leeteuk oppa is the only one missing. After our dinner, there was a small chit-chat among us cousins while the elders also talked amongst themselves.

“I forgot! Soojung-ah! Here is a present for you.” My grandmother said as she handed out a paper bag at Krystal. Krystal happily opened the bag and found the same family bracelet that halmeoni gave to me. Then she also took out a home-made scarf that hamleoni knitted with her initials on it.

“Wow! Halmeoni! Thank you very much! This is beautiful! This bracelet is so intricate. It is the same one as you gave to Ara unnie last time.” she happily said as she tried on the bracelet.

“That bracelet is our family’s heirloom. All the girls in our family have that. I just got mine during Christmas.” Ji-eun said. “Unnie did you get yours too?” I nodded at her.

 “The scarf is beautiful. It looks like a machine did this. And it’s pink! My favorite color! Thank you halmeoni!” she squealed as she hugged halmeoni and bombarded her with kisses. Krystal then looked at her sister who was watching from afar.

“Halmeoni! Where is Jessica unnie’s?” she suddenly asked as she eyed her sister.

“Oh! About that, I didn’t know she was coming too so I forgot to make a scarf for her. And about the bracelet, I will make one for her soon.” She said without looking at Jess.

“It’s okay halmeoni.” Jess replied but I can see it in her eyes that she was disappointed.

“So where are you going to study?” Taemin asked, changing the subject.

“We’ll enroll in Seoul High school to finish our studies.” Krystal answered.

“That’s where my girlfriend Sulli is studying.” Taemin answered.

“And also noona.” Key said as he gestured towards me.

“Really? I’m glad unnie and I are schoolmates. I now have one person that I know.” She smiled at me.

“I remember!” my grandmother suddenly blurted out as she stood for everyone to hear.

“We have to congratulate our dear Yoona for being the top of, not only their class, but the entire year.” She proudly announced. Everyone clapped and I heard my oppas howling. I then bowed gratefully.

“We’re really the same Yoong! Beautiful, smart and y.” Inna unnie said as she happily congratulated me.

“Noona! Why do you have to compare yourself with Yoona-sshi?!” Yunho oppa complained. Yoochun oppa laughed beside him.

“When did you get smart Inna?” Yoochun oppa teased.

“Yah Yoochun!” Inna yelled.

“Hyung! Stop teasing her! Noona is also smart!” Changmin defended his sister which made unnie smile at her brother.

“In sleep!!” he continued which made everyone laugh while Inna unnie just pouted.

“Yah Minnie! You’re such a good brother to me!” she then complained.

“Yoona, since you’re smart pants, why don’t you finish my research paper?” Jaejoong oppa said.

“Oppa! That’s too much!!” I shrieked. Inyoung unnie then smacked oppa’s head.

“Ouch! What was that for noona?” he yelped as she rubbed his head.

“ Yaaaah! Why don’t you focus on your research paper and stop flirting with girls.” She exclaimed back at her brother.

“That’s what you get for being a playboy too much.” Ara unnie also said

“What!? Is it wrong to flaunt our handsome looks? It would be a shame if we didn’t share it for the whole world to appreciate our genes.” Jaejoong oppa smirked which made me and Krystal giggled.

“Being gorgeous runs in our blood, we can’t help it if we have superior genes.” Changmin oppa also said as we wiggled his eyebrows at us. All of a sudden they were hit by Inyoung unnie again which made us all laugh.

“Noona! Stop hitting me!!” Jajeoong oppa yelped in pain again.

“This is the reason why you don’t have a husband yet.” Changmin oppa complained which earned him another smack from unnie.

“Minnie, you’re too much!” Jaekyung unnie shrieked.

“You should not say that to unnie.” Ara unnie also said.

“Arasso! Arasso! I’m sorry noona.” He said as he throws hands in the air as a gesture that he gives up.

“It’s okay!” Inyoung unnie just tapped his shoulder.

“Yoong, you should reconsider my offer.” Jaejoong oppa smirked at me again.

“Oppa!!” Ji-eun, Krystal and I shrieked.

He was then smacked by halmeoni this time.

“Aish this boy.” My grandmother hissed.

“Halmeoni, I was just kidding.” He said as he embraced our grandmother. We then laughed as he changed his expression from being mad to apologetic when he noticed it was our grandmother.

"Annyeong!" Jang Eum unnie exclaimed as she entered our house.

"Unnie!!" "Noona!!" "Jang Eum!" All of us exclaimed as we saw her. Yoong Soon oppa, her fiancee, also emerged from the door.

"Oh! Why does she have to rub it in that she's marrying before me!?" Inyoung unnie complained as she saw them walk hand in hand.

"Congratulations unnie on your engagement!" Jaekyung unnie said.

"When will you get married unnie?" Ara unnie also asked.

"I think around Autumn." Jang Eum unnie replied.

"We should all be your bridesmaids." Inna unnie also said.

"Yeah unnie! You should!" Ji-eun and Krystal both chided in.

"Arasso! Arasso!" Jang Eum unnie smiled.

"Why is our dear Yoona quiet?" unnie said as she went near me. "Any problem? This is not the usual you."

"Why unnie? Am I that loud?" I asked as I hug her.

"Just a little bit." she replied as she chuckled.

"Inyoung unnie should catch the bouqet at the wedding." Jaejoong oppa joked.

"So that she would surely get married next." Yoochun oppa also said which earned them a smack from her.

"Yah! Stop messing with unnie!" Jang Eum unnie glared at them.

"I don't know how Yoong Soon oppa handle your temper." Yunho oppa complained.

"The girls from our family really has a short-temper." Changmin oppa also complained.

"Atleast we're pretty." Inna unnie said as she twirled her lashes. The boys then laughed at her

I then noticed Jess on the far corner all by herself as she looked at us from afar. I realized she have been left out at times like this. Maybe it’s because she’s not technically blood-related to all of us. I suddenly felt bad for her.

“Hi Jess. Why don’t you join us?” I asked as I approached her.

“No thanks. I’m sure I’m not needed there.” She coldly answered.

“I’m sorry for what halmeoni had been acting lately. I’m sure she’s…” I replied but she suddenly cut me off.

“Why are you doing this to me? Why are you being kind all of a sudden?” she asked.

“Listen. I’m sorry for what I did before. I didn’t mean it. I was so immature at that time.” I apologized waiting for her reply.


*Will Jess forgive Yoona? Is Jess the same as Donghae’s first love?

Find out soon! Please do share your comments, thoughts and suggestion. I want to know all of them so that I can improve my story. Khamsamnida! ^^ I would also like to thank all my new subscribers! :)