Feeling thirsty

If i gave you my heart

 

“Seo. Where are you going?” Yuri asked me when she saw me opening the door. I looked at her she was half-awake while Yoona was already sleeping.

“I’ll just drink water.” I replied. I was feeling thirsty.

“Can you give me one too?” she said.

“Okay.” I replied then went downstairs. It was dark below so I was stumbling on my way. My bandaged foot didn’t help. I opened the lights on the kitchen and went straight to the counter and filled two glasses with water. I drank mine first. When I was about to go back, I saw a man standing at the end of the kitchen. I was surprised at first but the man went closer then I saw it was Yonghwa.

“You shocked me! I thought was somebody else.” I said to him. He ignored me and went pass me. He opened the fridge and drank milk straight from the carton. I was about to go back when he spoke.

“Where are you going?” he coldly asked me.

“I’ll go back to my room.” I said then he grabbed my arm to stop me.

“Can you stay for a while?” he said. What’s wrong with him? Why is he acting like this?

“Why?” I asked back.

“Can we talk?” he asked. He’s drunk. I can smell him.

“You’re drunk. Let’s talk tomorrow when you’re normal again.” I said to him.

“Please.” He begged.

“We can’t talk if you’re drunk.” I replied then removed his hand but he didn’t let go. He then hugged me from my back. We were like that for about 10 minutes.

“Yonghwa. I have to be back. I’m sleepy, you should sleep too.” I said to him.

“Please. Just five more minutes.” He replied still hugging me.

“I’m sorry for what I’ve done. I didn’t know you were hurt like that.” He said remembering what I had told him earlier. “I didn’t know you were waiting for me to talk to you again. I didn’t know you’re waiting for me to call or text you.”

“I’m sorry for treating you like that. I didn’t know I’ve been a jerk to you. I didn’t know what’s happening to me. I’ve been hurting the only girl who knows me better than I did, the one who truly cares for me. I hurt the one I truly love.” He said then he was crying. I was taken aback by his words. I was also crying. I never knew he feels that way to me. I thought he already forgot about us.

“Is that true?” I said as I face him. I was looking at his eyes.

“I love you Seohyun. I’m in love with you ever since.” He said still looking at me in the eyes. I can’t believe what he just said.

“You love me?” I asked him again.

“Always am, always will.” He answered. He smiled then he kissed my forehead. I was still crying, still in shock. All of a sudden he leaned closer just inches away from my face then he kissed me. My heart was beating faster. I was so surprised that I lose my grip on the glass and it fell on the ground. I heard footstep coming from upstairs. I pushed him hard then ran away back to my room still crying. I passed Yoona but I ignored her. I immediately closed the door and went back to my bed.

“Seohyun, what took you so long? I was waiting for you to go back. I’m feeling thirsty.” Yuri said. She was awakened by me.

“Where is my drink?” she asked again.

“Seo? What’s wrong?” She asked when I didn’t respond. Maybe she heard me crying. I still can’t stop myself. She then went beside me and opened the lamp.

“Why are you crying?’ she asked when she noticed I was.

“Nothing.” I answered. I can feel my foot is aching from running.

“Are you hurt?” she asked again.

“My foot is just aching because I ran away that’s why.” I lied.

“Why did you run?” She asked back. Yoona then entered the room.

“What happened back there? I was about to pee when I heard something fell on the floor. I hurriedly went down and Seohyun running away.” Yoona said as she sat beside me.

“I was in the kitchen when Yonghwa came. He scared me that is why the glass fell on the floor. I hurriedly went upstairs.” I lied again. “I was too scared that I ended up crying.”

“That explains why there were shattered glasses on the floor.” Yoona said.

“Aish! That fool! Let’s go back to sleep.” Yuri exclaimed.

“Don’t cry anymore.” Yoona said. I smiled at her then they went back to their beds.

 

“I wanted so much to sleep but I can’t. My eyes are so tired but my mind just keep on thinking about what happened. I still can’t forget what happened a while ago. Is it true? Does he love me? Is he serious? Or was he joking? Maybe it’s the effect of the alcohol that’s why he is saying stupid things. But why am I still crying? My heart is still beating faster. I was so touched by what he said that I still can’t stop from crying. I was thinking of everything that I didn’t notice I fell asleep.

 

I was awakened by the sunlight passing through the window. I got up and noticed Yoona and Yuri wasn’t around. I prepared myself before I went down. I saw in the mirror that my eyes were swollen. Yuri entered the room and said we have to go back home after we finish our breakfast. I followed her downstairs and saw  Yoona, Donghae, Minho and Jong Hyun there. He wasn’t around.

“Where is Yonghwa?” Yuri asked as we sat. Yoona was looking at me with concern on her eyes. Maybe she noticed my swollen eyes.

“He is still sleeping.” Jong hyun answered.

“He was so drunk last night. He went down and came back with a bleeding hand.” Minho said. What happened after I left? Why did he cut his hand?

“He got it from picking up shattered glass.” Yoona replied.

“What happened?” Donghae asked. No one was replying because no one exactly knew what happened except me. Yoona and Yuri were looking at me waiting for me to speak when he came.

“Good Morning!” he suddenly exclaimed. He has a bandage at his right hand. He sat next to Donghae.

“Hey Seo! You’re eyes are puffy! It suits you.” He said as he ate. He almost chokes out because he was laughing.

“We are leaving after we ate our breakfast.” Jong Hyun said to him.

“Really??? Too bad. I haven’t met beautiful ladies here.” He replied. “All I’ve been hanging out within these past two days was a girl constantly complaining. What a good vacation.” He said. He smug. I was looking at his face, studying his reaction. Why is he suddenly like this? Was light night just a dream? No, it couldn’t be. His hand was an evident that it did happen. But why is he suddenly acting like nothing happened? Why is he treating me this way?

“Hey Seo! Why are you looking at me? Are you mesmerized with my face? Want me to kiss you?” he teased me again. He laughed. Others were just looking at him.

“Ugh! In your dreams!” I exclaimed then walked away without finishing my food. I don’t know what’s with him but all I know is he’s drunk last night saying stupid things he didn’t mean. How stupid of me to believe him! I should have known! Why did I let him again?! I went back to the room and arranged my things. Suddenly, someone entered. Half of me was hoping it was him. I looked back and saw...


*Why is Yonghwa acting like that? Did he really meant what he said? Who came at the room?

Find out next time! Please do comment! Khamsamnida! :)