Suspicious

The Starlight House
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 8: Suspicious

 

Taekwoon was in his room when Hakyeon, Ravi, Hongbin, and Hyuk gathering in TV room. They made a noisy sound and it disturbed Taekwoon.

Why they have to gather there? Taekwoon sighed.

And from inside his room, he heard Hyuk was singing.

It's bland. Taekwoon criticized Hyuk's singing.

Then he heard Jaehwan saying the same opinion with him. Taekwoon was nodding when hearing Jaehwan explanation.

Then, Jaehwan had been asked to sing. That was when Taekwoon felt interested. Oh, he will sing? Mmm I want to see..

He was a bit doubt to join them in TV room, but he managed to turn the door knob and get outside.

Fortunately, Hakyeon welcomed him. He sat next to Ravi and listened to Jaehwan singing.

He has a nice voice.. Taekwoon talked in his mind.

And he stole a glance to Sukyeon. Sukyeon looked at Jaehwan with much adoration. Taekwoon a bit pouted and looked back to Jaehwan.

When Jaehwan finished singing, the others were clapping so loud. Taekwoon was also joining them to make a clap.

Then the topic moved to dance, outfit and a photo-shoot.

It was not usual, Taekwoon wanted to stay there in the crowd. He didn't know why but felt comfortable to be around them. But still, he preferred to stay quiet.

But then, Jaehwan started to do silly thing.

What's wrong with this guy? Taekwoon asked it in his mind when Jaehwan started to disturb him with catching ‘mosquito’.

Taekwoon threw a stare to Jaehwan, so he stopped doing that. But it was not the end, because he kept doing another silly things. At first, Taekwoon was disgusted and disturbed, but slowly he found it amusing. And he finally released his laugh.

How could there is person like him in this world? Taekwoon said it in his mind while covering his face.

 

-00-

 

In the night.

Sukyeon who went out from bathroom met Jaehwan who just got upstairs.

She called him, "Hwan ah.. "

Jaehwan got closer.

Sukyeon suddenly said, "Fighting!"

"What?  Why do you suddenly cheer me up?" Jaehwan was confused.

"Because you will sleep with Lion right?" Sukyeon grinned teasing him.

"Lion??” Jaehwan laughedn and then said, “I will tell him that you call him lion.."

"Yaaa.. Don't!" Sukyeon smacked Jaehwan 's arm. "But I think.. he likes you, so you don't have to be worry.. "

"OMO! He likes me? Now I'm scared." He was playfully joking.

"Yaa you!" Sukyeon smacked his arm again.

"You're quiet strong Yeon ah.. Now it hurts.. "

"Really?" Sukyeon put a fake worry face, then said, "Then I have to do that again" Sukyeon tried to smack him again but he runaway.

Sukyeon tried to catch him and Jaehwan got struggle. But then Taekwoon came out from his room. That made Sukyeon releasing her grab on Jaehwan 's arm and suddenly saying,

"Goodnight, Hwan ah..." She said that and then hurried to go to her room.

 

-00-

 

Taekwoon was coming back from the bathroom when Jaehwan was already lying on the bed, still busy on his phone. Then, Taekwoon was lying next to him.

For a couple of minutes they stayed like that, until Jaehwan turned off his phone and said, "Goodnight Hyung.. "

But Taekwoon replied him with calling his name, "Jaehwan.. "

Jaehwan turned his head to look at Taekwoon, "Yes hyung?"

"I wonder what kind of environment you lived in this whole time?" Taekwoon asked that while looking at the ceiling.

"What?" Jaehwan was confused.

"I mean.. You are.. Kind.. And friendly.." he paused, and then turned his head to look at Jaehwan. "You're not feeling tired of always being look happy?"

Jaehwan was a bit surprised to hear Taekwoon 's question. "Well, you're not feeling tired of always being so cold, Hyung?"

"How could you being so talkative? Like you really easy to start a conversation.." Taekwoon asked another question to avoid answering Jaehwan 's question.

"How could you being so quiet, Hyung?" Jaehwan replied with another question.

That was made Taekwoon sigh. "Why do you always answer me with another question?"

Jaehwan chuckled. "Sorry.. But I also curious hyung.. "

"Forget it.. " Taekwoon replied as he turned his back to avoid Jaehwan curiosity.

"Hyung.. Why do you turn your back on me? Sorry.." He paused to giggle and continued, "Well, I live in a healthy environment.. I don't know what that actually means anyway.. But me being always happy? Mmm.. I'm not always happy Hyung.. I have hard times and that made me sad too.. But fortunately, since I'm here I didn't experience that.. I hope not."

Taekwoon listened to Jaehwan saying.

Jaehwan continued, "And about being talkative.. I am like that since I was born Hyung, haha.. Even my mom said that I cried often.. That's the language of baby right?"

Taekwoon suddenly feeling sad only listened to Jaehwan mentioning his mom, he closed his eyes to prevent crying.

"And it's easy Hyung to start the conversation.. What you need to do is just say Hi.. And the conversation just go smoothly.. Yeah it's just like that.. You should try it.." He paused and then checked on Taekwoon whether he was already sleeping or not.

Looking at Taekwoon already closed his eyes, Jaehwan said, "Well, goodnight Hyung.."

But then Taekwoon slowly opened his eyes.

You are lucky Lee Jaehwan.. He said that in his mind.

 

-00-

 

In the morning.

Jaehwan woke up and saw Taekwoon already in front of his laptop.

"Good morning hyuu~uung.." He greeted Taekwoon while still yawning.

But Taekwoon didn't give any response, he was still busy on his work.

Then Jaehwan got up and went outside. After took shower, he went downstairs and found Sukyeon eating kimbab.

Jaehwan sat in his spot and asked, "Where are the others?"

"Oppa, Hyuk and Hongbin went to Jellyfish.."

"Hongbin?" Jaehwan asked a bit surprise.

"Yeah.. He wants to meet Park Hyoshin.  Even when Oppa already said that the chance of meeting him is little"

"Woah.. I didn't know that he's that crazy." Jaehwan responded, and then asked, "Ravi?"

"Locking himself in his room.. Seems like he's working on something.. Anyway, have your group finished the homework?" Sukyeon asked.

"Yeah.. We already finished it on Wednesday.." Jaehwan was answering while munching his kimbab.

"Wow! Why do you have to be that diligent? Ah.. You make me embarrassed.. Me and Youngji even haven't discussed anything.. "Sukyeon sighed.

“How could? It will be collected tomorrow.. "

"Yeah I know.. That's why today I will go to Youngji’s house to work on it."

"Aaah.. So the house will feel empty.. There's only me and the quiet Taekwoon hyung, and the busy Ravi.." Jaehwan sighed.

Sukyeon laughed.

"By the way, is Taekwoon hyung having his breakfast? "

Sukyeon nodded, then said, "You are really kind and full of affection Hwan ah.. "

"Why do people keep telling me that I'm kind? I'm afraid I will be a bit cocky after this.. "Jaehwan acted proud.

"Who else who call you kind?"

"Taekwoon hyung.. "

Hum? He even praised Jaehwan? Why he's kinda favor Jaehwan? Sukyeon asked in her mind.

 

-00-

 

Sukyeon was excused to go to Youngji’s house. Jaehwan who didn't have something to do, decided to watch the TV. He kept changing the channel because nothing interesting. So he went to his new ro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter