The Other Side of You

The Starlight House
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 10: The Other Side of You

 

On Saturday.

The day of Hyuk's audition.

Everyone was gathered in the dining room, except Taekwoon.

"Yo Han Sanghyuk! You should be confident!" Ravi gave him a hip hop hug.

"Yeah Hyung.."

"Remember to smile Hyuk.. Give them a warm impression." Hongbin also hugged him.

"Like this, Hyung?" Hyuk then smile childishly.

That was made everyone laugh.

"Hyukkie yaaa.. Don't forget to do a thing that you learn from me, okay?" Jaehwan said and hugged him.

"Hyung.. I still couldn't do that mosquito thing.. " Hyuk answered while laughing.

"You better don't do that.." Hakyeon interrupted.

"Yeah skip skip skip! " Ravi added.

That made Jaehwan pouted.

And now Sukyeon's turn.

"Han Sanghyuk.. Do your best today.. Do it like you really want it.. Do it like there's no tomorrow.. I hope you do well.. And no matter the result is, noona always proud of you.."

Her words made Hyuk got teary. Sukyeon then hugged him tight. She even kissed him on the cheek.

That made Jaehwan, Ravi, and Hongbin surprised.

"Woah.. She kisses him?" Ravi asked.

"Yeah.." Hongbin answered.

While Jaehwan was still in dazed.

"Noona, stop treating me like a little kid.. If you want to kiss me, then kiss me here.." Hyuk said that while touching his lips.

"Yaaa!" Sukyeon yelled.

Meanwhile, Hakyeon hit Hyuk's head and said, "Stop playing around!"

"Aargh.. I forgot that he's still here.. "

That was made everyone laugh.

But then, Taekwoon went downstairs. He got closer to Hyuk and gave him his phone.

"Hum? Why hyung?" Hyuk asked

"Call your mom.. " Taekwoon said it softly.

Hyuk was a bit hesitated, but then he took that phone and dialed his mom's number.

He went to the front, to have a quiet conversation with his mom.

 

-00-

 

"Hello mom?"

"Yaa Hyuk! How could you just call by now? I wonder whether you are sick or healthy.. You're okay right?"

"I'm okay mom.." He paused a while to control his emotion. It was like a long time he didn't hear her voice. And he didn't imagine that he missed her so much. "Mom.. Today I will take the audition.. Please pray for me, so I can pass this audition.."

"Hyuk.. You know that I don't like your dream of being an idol.. But looking at you working so hard to achieve it, my heart felt touched.. And of course.. My prayer is for you.. I hope you passed this audition.. I hope you can sing and dance like what you want.. I wish the best for you my son.."

Those words made tears falling from Hyuk's eyes.

"Yaa Han Sanghyuk!" His dad's voice was on the phone. "Do your best! I want you to get success.. So you can come back home with proud.. We will waiting for you.."

Hyuk burst into tears as he heard his parents were supporting him.

He ended the call with, "Thank you Mom.. Dad.. I love you.. "

 

-00-

 

Hyuk came back to the dining room with teary eyes.

Everyone was looking at him, but no one say words.

He then walked towards Taekwoon. He stopped in front of him to give back the phone. But then he hugged Taekwoon and said, "Thank you Taekwoon hyung.. Thank you for reminding me about my parents.. I will make it.. I will make them proud.. I promise to you.."

Then Taekwoon patted Hyuk's back while saying softly. "Good luck.."

Everyone was so touched to see them like that.

They looked like a real siblings.. Jaehwan is right.. Taekwoon ssi is a good guy.. We just have to know him more.. And he will know us more.. Sukyeon said in her mind while looking at Hyuk and Taekwoon were hugging.

 

-00-

 

The rest of them were spending the day in the house. No one did activity outside. They were patiently waiting the news from Hyuk or Hakyeon.

And finally, they came back.

Hakyeon and Hyuk came with a poker face.

"How's the result?" Sukyeon asked in worry.

Both Hakyeon and Hyuk put a sad face, but then they were screaming,

"PAAASSSED!"

"Woaah.. "

They were happily joined them in joy. They were hugging and moving around together. After that they started to congratulate Hyuk one by one.

And then, Hakyeon said, "Let's eat outside! Dinner is on me.."

It made the other screamed joyfully.

"Since Hyuk really likes pizza.. How about we get a pizza?"

"Call!  Yeay pizza!" Ravi was on fire.

 

So, they walked together to the bus stop and went to the Pizza restaurant.

It was like a high school trip, they were really noisy in the bus and even made the others bothered.

That was also happened in the restaurant, Hakyeon, Ravi, and Jaehwan really like to talk and make a joke. Sukyeon, Hongbin and Hyuk could only laugh, while Taekwoon stayed cool and sometimes shook his head. Haha.

They sat face to each other. Sukyeon sat in the middle of Hakyeon and Hyuk, while Taekwoon, Jaehwan, Ravi and Hongbin sat in sequence.

They were eating while talking about Hyuk's audition.

 

Hongbin asked, "Is Hyoshin Hyung also become the judge?"

"Hyung?? No.. It's Sung Sikyung.."

"Aaah.. " Hongbin nodded as he picked a cheese pizza.

"Is there any candidate who good at rap?" Ravi asked.

"There's a guy name Byungjun who really great at rap.. It will be great if you met him, Hyung.."

Then Jaehwan asked, "Is there someone who as cute as I am?"

That made everyone gonna throw up.. Hahaha.

Then Sukyeon asked, "Is there a girl who also get into audition?"

But the one who answer that question was Hakyeon.

He said with full of enthusiasm, "There's a girl! Pretty girl who looks like IU.. She is definitely so cute.. I thought that she will join the audition, but you know what, she's just waiting for her boyfriend.. Heol."

That was made everyone laughing (A/N: let’s just say everyone except Taekwoon)

"How could you know that she's waiting for her boyfriend?" Ravi asked.

"I'm asking.." Hakyeon simply answered.

Ravi was bursting in laugh. While Sukyeon said, "Oppa you’re embarrassing me.."

"Wait, don't tell me that when she's waiting for her boyfriend, you’re also waiting for Hyuk?" Hongbin asked.

Hyuk nodded.

"Yeah, I'm waiting for him.. What's wrong?" Hakyeon responded.

The others were laughing.

"That's not wrong hyung.. But it makes you look like his 'boyfriend'..  Hahaha" Ravi was laughing so hard.

That made Hakyeon got up and tried to hit Ravi, but he was successfully avoiding him.

"Hahaha.. But I really appreciate it Hyung.." Hyuk said that to Hakyeon.

"Yeah.. You're my real brother!" Hakyeon patted Hyuk's back.

Then Ravi asked, "Taekwoon hyung.. You don't want to ask or say anything?"

All eyes now were looking at Taekwoon.

He shook his head and kept eating pizza.

Heol. He definitely likes eating.. Just look at those chubby cheeks. Sukyeon was naturally smiling to see Taekwoon full of eating.

 

After finished eating pizza, Hakyeon didn't let them to go back.

He said, "Let's go karaoke!!!"

"Yeaaay!!!" The others were welcoming that idea in joy.

Then they moved to karaoke. Before starting the music, Hakyeon told the rules, "Everyone should sing, everyone should dance, everyone should going crazy tonight! No exception!"

"Yeaaah!!!" Ravi, Jaehwan, Hongbin, and Hyuk were screaming in response of that, while Sukyeon was laughing and Taekwoon was sighing.

 

Jaehwan started with singing The Heirs OST – In The Name of Love

Oh everybody call me.. You call me..

Sarangiraneun ireumeuro

Call me you call me..

Neoui sarangeul marhae jullae

Nunmuri nado gaseum apado

Sarangeul hyanghaeseo ganeun For my heart!

 

Everyone was clapping so loud. Hakyeon and Ravi were even screaming like fan girls. "Woaaah Oppaaa Jaehwan Oppaaa.."

Sukyeon and Hongbin were bursting into laugh to see that.

 

The next one is Ravi. He was singing or should call it rapping Ggeol-leong Ggeol-leong by KWS.

He was really into himself and no one else understands. He even dance a duck dance and made a sound Kwak Kwak Kwak. And the others were also following him.

 

The next was Hakyeon. He chose Love Stoned by Justin Timberlake. But he was not singing, he was only dancing. And the audiences got mad.

"Yaaa Singing Hyung.. Sing!" Hyuk was yelling to him.

"No exception you say~" Hongbin added.

That was made Hakyeon tried to sing, but when he just simply singing a few parts. The audiences were laughing at him.

"Why? why you laugh Huh? I know my voice is bad.. " Hakyeon pouted.

"Hahaha.. It's not that Oppa.. It's your English pronunciation!" Sukyeon explained it while laughing.

"Ah.. You guys just wanna bully me anyway.." Then Hakyeon just gave up.

 

And then Hyuk's turn. He chose to sing Exo - What is love?

I lost my mind
Noreul choeummannasseultte
No hanappego modeungoseun Get in slow motion
Meil geudewa
Sumaneun gamjong deureul lanwojugo bewogamyo
Ssaugo ulgo anajugo

And the audiences were clapping so loud.

"This song suits you Hyuk.. I think you really questioning what love is.. Hahaha.." Jaehwan gave comment.

That made everyone laughing.

 

Hongbin then, of course, was choosing Park Hyoshin  - I promise you.

I promise you I'll wait for you

I promise you I'll live for you

Until the day you come back into my arms

You can do it, I'll always wait for you

Only you don't know that I'm your only one

 

He was singing in a company of everyone's clapping in rhythm.

In the end of the song, Jaehwan asking, "This song's melody is not a sad melody right? But if we look at the lyric it's definitely sad.. How could it be Hyung?" He was asking to Taekwoon.

But Taekwoon only threw him a 'don't talk too much' stare.

"Yeah.. That's why this song is unique! I really like it!" Hongbin took the chance of answering the question.

That made Jaehwan smiled so bright, he even threw a wink to Taekwoon.  And Taekwoon also smiled a bit when hearing that.

 

The next was Sukyeon. She sang L.O.V.E by Nat King Cole.

L is for the way you look at me

Taekwoon got a butterfly on his stomach when Sukyeon singing while looking at him. He tried to control his emotion with staring at another space.

O is for the only one I see

But it was hard not to look at Sukyeon. So, he was looking back at her.

V is very very extraordinary

She sang it like a musical and that made everyone excited. Jaehwan even got in front and joining her dancing like a couple.

And E is even more than anyone that you adore can love

Taekwoon a bit pouted to see Sukyeon really enjoyed dancing with Jaehwan. He even naturally said softly, "They look good together.."

Love was made for me and you.

She winked to the audiences and it got them crazy. Hyuk even screamed "Saranghae noonaaa"

That made everyone laughing, but Taekwoon threw a sharp gaze on Hyuk. But fortunately, no one realized it. Taekwoon even threw a soft rant, "Huh.. Seems one is not enough.."

 

And then they were clapping for Taekwoon's turn.

Jaehwan gave him support with, "Let them hear your great voice hyung!"

But Taekwoon only sighed.

He chose Kim Bumsoo’s remake of Lee Sora’s Please.

When the music played, Ravi threw a protest, "Hyung. Why you choose a sad song in karaoke??"

"Hahaha.. Just let him.." Hakyeon defended Taekwoon.

Then, Taekwoon started to sing. He was standing in the corner, below the dim light, made it sadder.

I can’t forget you

I still shed tears while thinking of you

I’m sorry for not being patient

I’m sorry for giving you a hard time

 

He was singing it softly but full of emotions. The audiences were all in awe, feeling the sadness of the song.

And when the song reached the , Taekwoon hit it with his great high notes.

That made the audiences clapping so loud. Sukyeon also in dazed of Taekwoon 's voice. That was the first time she heard Taekwoon 's soft angelic voice, and she got teary.

"Woah Hyung.. You Daebak!" Hongbin praised him as he came back to sit.

"Yeah.. I'm nearly crying.. Taekwoon ah.." Hakyeon said.

"You great hyung.. But we're not supposed to be sad here.. So, how about turning on the mood with Fantastic Baby?!"

 

Ravi then played Bigbang- Fantastic Baby.

He mimicked his favorite rapper, G-Dragon!

Yeogi buteora Modu moyeora
We gon’ party like Li, Li, Li, La, La, La
Mameul yeoreora Meoril biwora
Bureul jjipyeora Li, Li, Li, La, La, Laaa

 

Dance (Woo )
I Wanna Dance, Dance, Dance, Dance, Dance
Wow, Fantastic Baby!
 

Everyone were dancing fantastic baby in the lead of Hakyeon. Jaehwan was taking Daesung’s high notes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter