Selfless

The Starlight House
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 30: Selfless

 

The gossip about Irene and Jaehwan was still spreading. Irene even didn’t hesitate to show her care to Jaehwan, like invited him to lunch together or chatted in the park, she even called Jaehwan at night just to say goodnight. Jaehwan also didn’t mind her care. He welcomed Irene every time she approached him. Sukyeon notice that, even though sh was not mad, but she couldn’t help to think about it, Jaehwan-Irene relationship.

 

"You should act, Yeon ah!" Youngji urged.

"What?" Sukyeon asked lazily.

"Try to bring him back.."

"Who?"

"Hish... Don't pretend you don't know.. Lee Jaehwan.."

"Heol.. Why do you always bring that up?"

"Because you look so powerless, Yeon ah.. Meanwhile Irene is on fire to get closer to Jaehwan.."

"Just let her.."

"Just let her?? Huh.. I don't know that you're this selfless, Sukyeon ah?"

"I'm not selfless.. I just don't mind if they are together.."

"Just say it one more time while looking at the mirror.. Tell me why your face looked gloomy like that.."

"Hum? Gloomy? Really?"

"Hish.. You don't understand yourself.. "

 

Surely I don't understand myself. I swear I'm fine if they end up to be together.. It's just.. I don't know, I feel a bit sad when Jaehwan spend time with Unnie.. Am I jealous? Is that mean I really like him? Huft.. Sukyeon was drowning in her mind.

 

-00-

 

It was not only Sukyeon who was questioning herself, Jaehwan also did it to himself.

After Sukyeon telling him about the time to move on from Hani, he started to think about his feeling to Sukyeon. He knew for sure that he likes her, but.... He still not sure if he loves her. Moreover when he knew that Taekwoon also has feeling to Sukyeon.

Huft, what should I do now? Till when I create distant from Sukyeon just to convince myself?

Should I confess?

Even though I told myself many times not to be scared to fall in love again, but yeah... I'm scared.. I'm scared to get hurt again..

And it's not only that.. How about Taekwoon hyung? Should I just blatantly confess to Sukyeon when I know that he likes her too?

Aaah it's complicated..

Feeling is complicated.. Jaehwan was drowning in his deep thought.

 

-00-

 

After dinner, Jaehwan got message from Irene.

Hwan ah, can we meet at the park near campus right now? I need to tell you something.. I'll be waiting..

Jaehwan was surprised to read the message, he stops for a while to think, but then got up and went to the upstairs to take his jacket, not long before he came down again and said, "I'll be going for a while.."

"Where will you go, Hyung?" Hongbin asked.

"Ah? Mmm meeting my friend.. I'll go okay? Bye.."

Then he went outside the house, leaving Hongbin and Taekwoon in the dining room and Sukyeon in the kitchen washing plates.

"Friend? Does he has a girlfriend now?" Hongbin asked.

Taekwoon naturally looked at Sukyeon, who was drowning in her thought.

Is he meeting Irene unnie?

 

-00-

 

Jaehwan ran a little approaching Irene who sit on the bench near the Blue Dragon pond.

"Noona.. Sorry.. Have you waiting for so long?" Jaehwan asked while sitting next to her.

Irene shook her head, "No.. I just came.. " she ended it with smile.

Jaehwan also smiled then asked, "What do you want to talk, noona?"

Irene was silent, she took a deep breath before managed to say, "I think I start to.. Like you Hwan ah.. As a man.."

"HEEE??" Jaehwan was surprised.

"I can't stop thinking about you after that day.. The day when you try to protect me from Hyunjeong Oppa.. The day you got punched because of me.. The day you took me home.. I felt so touched.. It was the first time I felt like that.. Hwan ah.."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter