Another Problems

The Starlight House
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 53: Another Poblems

 

Taekwoon was sitting on his bed, elbow on his knees, palm covered his face. He was thinking what he did for the past months, he was jealous for no reason, he should’ve trust Sukyeon, but he kept suspecting her for cheating behind his back, and he felt so stupid for even working so hard to hurt her.

He rubbed his face. He just realized that this problem was actually bigger than he expected, it was not only between him and Sukyeon but also Hakyeon, Hyuk, and even Jellyfish. It was easier to face Hyuk who expressed his anger than to face Hakyeon who only gave him a deep disappointment stare. Disappointing Hakyeon was his another big regret, he considered Hakyeon as his closest friend, a friend who always on his side, a friend who always understand him. But this time, Taekwoon made a big mistake. He hurt Hakyeon’s precious sister and he shouldn’t be forgiven. Hwang sajangnim even called Taekwoon to meet up to hear the explanation of what happened at the backstage. He told Taekwoon that the chaos he made could give impact to BigByung, Ravi, and even him in the future, so he advised him to be more considerate and careful.

He heaved a heavy sigh. What have I done?

Then Jaehwan’s words were replaying on his head. “If you made a mistake, admit it, forgive yourself, and seek her forgiveness.. How could she forgive you if you couldn’t even forgive yourself?”

Should I seek their forgiveness?

 

=00=

 

 

Four days after the musical, everything was going back to normal. Sukyeon kept her mind busy over her own project proposal, Hakyeon and Hyuk’s gloomy mood was disappeared as they laughed over Jackson’s gig at the break of their schedule.

 

But then, the sound of a new message was heard. Sukyeon took her phone and saw a new message from Jung Taekwoon.

 

She sighed before opened it.

 

I invite you to have a dinner with the House’s members in Tatsumizushi at 7:00 p.m .

I want to make it all clear, please give me a chance.

 

She read it and made another sigh. She felt that she wasn’t ready to meet him again, but she agreed with Taekwoon, that everything need to be cleared so there was no hard feeling attached anymore.

 

But can I look at him in the eye? She bit her lip, feeling confused.

Then after a few minutes, she got a call from Youngji.

“Yeon ah... did you get a message from Taekwoon ssi?” Youngji asked carefully.

“Yeah..” Sukyeon simply answered.

“Do you want to come?” She asked softly.

Sukyeon was silent, she couldn’t answer Youngji’s question. They ended the call without answer from Sukyeon.

Sukyeon tried not to think about Taekwoon’s invitation, it was just enough, she wanted to move on, and her project proposal was much more important than meeting him.

But then few hours later, she got a message from Hyuk.

Noona, did you get a message from Taek Hyung?

Will you come?

If you want to come, I’ll come too..

 

She sighed. “Why do they have to remind me over and over? Aaaarrrgh, what should I do?”

 

-00-

 

In Tatsumizushi.

Taekwoon was sitting there at the end of the table, with Ravi and Hongbin in his left and right so they were facing each other. They were patiently waiting for the others to come.

“Will they come?” Hongbin asked something he shouldn’t ask.

“Of course.. Why won’t they?” Ravi directly replied while giving a sign for Hongbin to shut his mouth.

Taekwoon heaved a sigh. Actually he was worried that they won’t come, but then the sound of the opened door woke him up. He looked up and saw Sungjae coming to the room.

“Anyeonghaseyoo..” He bowed as he came to the room.

Followed by the energetic Jackson, “Hello guuuyss...”

And behind him there were Hakyeon and Hyuk. “Taekwoon ah, I’m sorry that I have to bring my children..” Hakyeon ended with a smile. Taekwoon was so touched, there was no sign of anger in Hakyeon’s eyes, and it made him felt guiltier.

Sungjae sat next to Ravi and Jackson sat next to him, meanwhile Hakyeon sat next to Hongbin and Hyuk sat next to him.

“Is it okay that we came along, Taekwoon ssi?” Sungjae asked.

“Ah, it’s okay...” Taekwoon nodded and smiled.

“Private room for private talk, I guess..” Jackson mumbled as he looked around the room Taekwoon reserved.

“It’s because he invited BigByung members.. No one should know we were here..” Hakyeon tried to make a joke.

“What a celebrity disease you have, hyung...” Jackson gave comment and it made them laugh.

But then the door was opened and revealed two girls coming.

“Youngji aaaah...” Jackson’s loud greet to one of the girl overshadowed the other girl who came in silent. But for Taekwoon, she was the person he waited the most.

They exchanged stares for a while and then Sukyeon bowed a little as a respect. Before he could get up to welcome her, Hyuk was already calling her. “Noona, come sit next to me..”

Sukyeon smiled and walked to him.

As Sukyeon sat next to Hyuk, Youngji sat next to her, making two empty seat in front of them.

“Yaa, Heo Youngji, why don’t you sit next to me?” Jackson whispered from across the table.

Youngji only responded with shaking her head.

Before Jackson could reply, the door was opened one more time revealing Jaehwan and...

“Omooo, Jacksoon..” A beautiful girl screamed as she saw Jackson, she was directly filling the empty seat next to him.

“Anyeonghaseyooo.. Ahn Hani imnida...” She bowed lightly and gave the rest a sweet smile.

“Hyung, I’m sorry.. She insisted to come...” Jaehwan came inside the room while scratching his nape.

“Ah, it’s okay.. Glad that the seat was fully filled..” Taekwoon ended it with a smile.

But then everyone was looking at that girl, Ahn Hani. Her long brown wavy hair contrasted with a pastel yellow mini dress she wore absolutely making the guys gave their attention to her.

Knowing their attention was too focus on Ahn Hani, Hakyeon tried to break it with calling Youngji, “Youngji ah..”

Youngji who sat at the end of the right seats tilted her head looking at Hakyeon, “Nee, oppa...”

 “Do you want to exchange seat with me?” Hakyeon asked as a consideration for her to sit next to Hongbin.

Youngji shook her head and smiled. “It’s okay, oppa...”

“Noona, just change with me..” Hyuk offered. “Woman should sit in the center..”

“Whooo Han Sanghyuk has become Sang Namja!” Sungjae gave comment.

Youngji smiled awkwardly. She hesitated but didn’t have another choice, so she exchanged seat with Hyuk and made her sit between Hakyeon and Sukyeon, and unfortunately in front of the ruckus.

“Anyeong...” Jackson waved his hand and smiled, meanwhile Youngji sighed.

 

Taekwoon asked the waitress to start the serving.

When the others started to eat, Taekwoon didn’t touch his dish and started his speech. “First of all, I would like to thank all of you for coming here.. Even only your presence here are really mean to me..” He paused to look down at the table, gaining his courage to speak up again.

“Taek Hyung, why so formal? Just eat first...” Jackson interruption made the other chuckle, and it made Taekwoon felt less nervous.

“It’s okay, Taek, go on.. But just relax..” Hakyeon smiled, gave him courage.

Taekoon nodded. He took a deep breath and continued, “I wanted to thank you guys for helping me and supporting my final project. The musical of Mia won’t happened if it’s without your help. You guys are awesome actors..”

Jackson suddenly clapped his hands, giving them applause and it was followed by Hani.

“But I know, you must be disappointed at me, because it seems like I was using you.. or fooling you..” Taekwoon bit his lip and took another deep breath before saying, “I want to apologize to you.. but before that I think I need to make a deep apologize.. to Sukyeon.” He looked at Sukyeon in the eye and said, “I’m sorry..” Sukyeon was also looking at him in the eye, she was nearly crying.

At that time, no one continued to eat, they were all in silent. Most of them were looking down at the table, only Hani who looked at Taekwoon and then Sukyeon and then looked back to Taekwoon.

“I was so lost in the process until I didn’t realize that the result was hurting everyone, so...” Taekwoon stood up and made a 90degrees bow. “Please forgive me...”

The others were surprised to see Taekwoon’s apology, but before they could react, Ravi also stood up and made the same bow. “Please forgive me too..”

Sukyeon could only look down, hid her tears, while the others were freeze didn’t know how to react, until Hakyeon said, “Yaaa, I told you not to be too formal.. Just stop...”

Taekwoon and Ravi was still bowing, until Hongbin had to pat Taek’s . “Just sit, hyung...”

They went back to sit and it could be seen that their face were reddened.

“You don’t need to bow 90degrees like that, Taek.. I already forgive you..” Hakyeon smiled to Taek.

Listening to that, Ravi asked, “How about me, hyung?”

“Yaaa, you too.. you too..” It mad Ravi smiled.

Not stopping, Hakyeon even asked the House’s members one by one, “Hongbin ah, do you forgive them?”

“Ne, Hyung...” Hongbin answered while nodding.

“Youngji ah, how about you?” Hakyeon asked.

Youngji looked surprised to be asked that question, but she answered with a nod.

“Yaa Jaehwan ah, do you forgive them?” Hakyeon asked again.

“Neee, Hyung!” Jaehwan answered cheerfully.

“Han Sanghyuk, how about you?” Hakyeon asked.

“Me? Mmmm...” Hyuk hesitated to answer, but in the end he nodded. “Ne, hyung...”

“Let’s pass Sukyeon, they need to talk more after this..” Hakyeon concluded and it made Taekwoon stole a glance to Sukyeon who was still looking down.

Yeah, I need to apology more to you, Sukyeon ah...

“So now, what about we drink together?” Hakyeon held his cup of soju in the air and it followed by everyone, except Sukyeon and Youngji.

“I wondered why they serve soju in Japanese restaurant.” Hakyeon was suddenly mumbling a random question.

“Should I order sake, Hyung?” Ravi offered.

“Ah, noo.. noo... soju is better.. Ha Ha Ha Ha” Hakyeon laughed awkwardly.

He tried so hard to melt the situation, but thanks Hakyeon.. I can always depend on you... Taekwoon talked in his mind.

 

They were drinking and continued to eat, but then Hani came up with a question.

“Actually, what had happened here? I didn’t know why Taekwoon ssi has to apologize?”

“It’s a long story, Hani...” Jaehwan answered softly.

“Did you not come to watch the musical?” Sungjae asked.

“I had meeting with my business partner, so I couldn’t come..” Hani answered.

“Woah, it’s such a waste.. you missed the drama...” Jackson directly responded.

And it made Youngji to clear , “Ehem..” She warned him to shut his mouth.

“Yeah, I read it on twitter, people were talking about it.. It seems like they really had fun watching the musical..” Hani said it enthusiastically.

“Yeah, so many BigByung fans become Taekwoon hyung’s fans after the musical..” Sungjae added.

Then Hani continued, “They all talked about the silhouette scene.. Could you tell me about it?”

Taekwoon who just started to eat, choked to hear what Hani asked. The House’s members were all looking at Hani. Jackson even muttered, “Daebak...”

“Why? Is what I’m asking wrong?” Hani looked confused.

There was silent for a while until Hakyon answered, “No, Hani ssi.. Since we already forgive each other, let’s just talk about the musical lightly..”

Hakyeon always succeeded to melt the awkward situation. They started to continue the dinner when Hani asked again, “Jackson, could you explain it to me?”

Jackson was thinking for a while, he stole a glance to Youngji who gave him a NO look, but then he managed to answer, “Basically the Adams wanted to take the Power Bracelet that Mia had by seducing her.. They invited Mia to dance and lured her behind the silk, made it like dancing in silhouette.. That was when they took the bracelet..”

Youngji was relieved, Jackson chose a proper word to describe the scene. Jackson stole a glance to Youngji and winked at her.

“I thought that it was Ravi hyung.. but turn out to be Taek Hyung.. What a twist!” Sungjae added excitedly.

“You guys were surprised?” Ravi asked

Sungjae nodded, but then Jackson added, “For me, the most surprising scene was the moan..”

“Oh! I read it too.. They talked about it too..” Hani supported Jackson.

“I mean, the light went out, the hall became dark, and then you heard a moan.. I was directly ‘ooh, oooh, ooooh..’” Jackson re-acted what he said back then.

It made Youngji hit his head with a spoon. “Yaaa, you ert!”

While covering his head from Youngji attack, Jackson asked, “How could you come up with that idea, hyung? It was brilliant!”

“It was my idea...” Ravi asked. He tilted his head to see Sukyeon. “It was my idea, sista.. I’m sorry...”

Sukyeon looked up and forced a smile at Ravi.

“Wait...” Hani suddenly got in to conversation, “I just noticed, why is everyone apologizing to Sukyeon ssi?”

Hearing Hani’s question, Youngji directly wanted to tell her to mind her business, “Ahn Hani ssi—“

But it was cut by Sukyeon’s reliable dongsaeng. “It’s because that guy at the end of this table didn’t tell his girlfriend that he has a kissing scene with the female cast..” He said it while pointing his chopstick at Taekwoon.

“Yaaa, Han Sanghyuk!” Sukyeon whispered firmly to Hyuk, telling him to shut up.

“Aaah, I got it now...” Hani nodded. “But why it has to be a big deal?”

Hani’s question made Sukyeon to look up.

“I mean, my boyfriend is also a musical actor.. and I don’t mind if he kiss the female cast.. Because it’s a part of his job..” Hani said it in relax.

Jaehwan leaned closer to Hani and whispered, “Hani, stop it...”

But Hani kept going, “It’s only acting, Sukyeon ssi.. You should put your faith on him..”

“Yaa, it’s not only.. He meant it to hurt her..” Hyuk responded directly, but got stop by Sukyeon.

“Hyuk, please...” She told Hyuk in a firm soft word, but loud enough to be heard by the others, making them in silence.

Taekwoon looked at Sukyeon who was still looking down. He said in his mind, I’m sorry, Yeon ah..

“Yaaa Jaehwan hyung, how many times did you kiss the female cast in Cinderella, uh?” Fortunately Jackson tried to melt the situation by asking that random question.

Jaehwan could only smile awkwardly.

“Twelve? Or twenty? “ Hani asked Jaehwan still in a bright mood, didn’t realize that she made Sukyeon falling in her gloomy mode again.

She was still looking down at the table, everything became blurry, other voices were slowly disappeared, and it was only Hani’s words replaying over and over.

Why it has to be a big deal?

 

-00-

 

“Sukyeon ah...”

Youngji’s voice woke her up from her own thought. “Uhm?”

“Do you want kabocha honey nuts for the dessert? Youngji asked.

“Oh? Yeah..” Sukyeon just nodded. She was still half zoning out when she caught Taekwoon’s eyes staring at her. She saw regret in his eyes, and it made her sad. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter