Her Decision

The Starlight House
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 40: Her Decision

 

Sukyeon was directly sitting on the edge of the bed and covering her face while Hakyeon closed the door of her bedroom.

He approached Sukyeon and sat next to her, "What happened my lovely sister? I'm sad looking at you like this.." Hakyeon said as he took Sukyeon's hands in his.

"I-I know w-why Taekwoon ssi was avoiding me, Oppa.. I met Sewoon ssi.." Sukyeon said while sobbing.

"Sewoon ssi?" Hakyeon was surprised.

"She told me everything.. And I feel so sad.. I didn't know that he had that kind of past.. And I feel so dumb.. And.. And.."

Hakyeon pulled his sister to his embrace, he patted her back, consoling her, "It's okay Yeon ah.. It's okay.."

They stayed like that until Sukyeon calmed down. After that, they both were lying on the bed, and Hakyeon was caressing his sister's hair. "Just close your eyes and sleep, my lovely sister.."

Sukyeon looked at her brother, "Oppa, do you know what happened between me and Taekwoon ssi?"

Hakyeon nodded.

"Youngji must be the one who telling you.."

"No.. I knew far before that.."

"Uhm?"

"I knew you like him since the beginning Yeon ah.. Don't you know, your eyes always landed on him.. You also care about him more than you care the others.."

“Really? Does it really obvious?”

“Yeah.. that’s why I’m a bit harsh to Jaehwan when he said he likes you.. Cz I know you like someone else..”

“Oppaaa..” Sukyeon was nearly crying again, she was amazed at how her brother knew her so well.

“I know you so well, Yeon ah.. I’m your oppa...” He even seemed like he could read Sukyeon’s mind.

"But, if you know, then why didn't you tell me about his past?"

"I'm a secret keeper Yeon ah.. I keep a secret about Sewoon ssi from Taekwoon, I keep a secret about Taekwoon past and your feeling for him from the others.. I keep them all by myself Yeon ah.."

"Oppa..." Sukyeon was crying again.

"Don't you feel proud at me?"

Sukyeon nodded like a child.

"Hahaha.." Hakyeon ruffled his sister's hair and then gave her a peck on her forehead. "Okay, now just go sleep Yeon ah.. Sleep tight.. I will stay here.."

Sukyeon then cuddled up in Hakyeon's chest and her Oppa patted her back until she fell asleep.

 

-00-

 

 

In the next morning Sukyeon already felt better. She felt alive because she had a plan of how she will make the Jungs reunite. When she walked out her room, she found Taekwoon was already waiting for her.

"Sukyeon ah.. I--"

"Don't apologize! We still need to talk.. I'll tell you when later.." Sukyeon answered while still walking to the stairs.

Taekwoon froze at how cold Sukyeon answered. Sukyeon stopped and turned to Taekwoon, "Do you want to skip breakfast again today?"

"Oh? No.." Taekwoon was surprised at her sudden question. He was unconsciously following her behind.

 

In the downstairs, the House's members were ready to welcome Sukyeon.

"Oh noona, you look pretty with that ponytail.." Hongbin directly praised her.

But Sukyeon ignored him.

"Yeah you look so fresh!" Ravi was also praising her.

But Sukyeon just calmly sat on the chair.

"Noona, are you okay?" Hyuk asked something he shouldn't asked.

But that caught Sukyeon's attention. "I don’t have any reason to not feel okay.."

Sukyeon's direct cold answer made the members silent. No one had the guts to ask or say anything the whole breakfast.

 

-00-

 

Sukyeon told Sewoon the plan she had thought and agreed to execute the plan on Wednesday. And then on the H-day, she sent Taekwoon this message.

 

From: Sukyeon

This is Sukyeon. Let's meet at Mangosix Cafe this evening. We need to make our official break up, before I can move on.

 

After reading her message, Taekwoon heaved a sigh. He was sad to read the letter break up and move on. He was actually still hoping that someday he can go back with her, but he knew that was impossible. He didn’t want to be bad luck for her. And moreover, he felt that he hurt Sukyeon so bad.

 

-00-

 

He walked to the cafe with a heavy steps, he was scared. Scared of their separation. But he knew he should go there. Sukyeon lost her smile since the day she left the house, she became so cold and that made Taekwoon worry.

 

Maybe this separation is the best for her.. Maybe this could bring her smile back.

 

Taekwoon was sitting in the center of the cafe waiting for her. He was deliberately came earlier in order not to make Sukyeon wait. His eyes was stamped at the door, ready to welcome Sukyeon. But, the person who coming was not Sukyeon but another woman. And that woman made his eyes widened.

 

Impossible..

 

That woman caught his stare and smiled to him.

 

No.. No.. I have to go..

 

But the other woman presence just made his heart dropped and his feet became frozen. Those women were approaching him.

 

There's no way out from this.

 

"Anyeong Taek, long time no see.." Jiwoon greeted him with a smile.

 

-00-

 

Taekwoon and his noonas were then sitting on the chair together. There was also one little boy who was sitting on the kid's chair next to Jiwoon.

"Anyeong Uncle Taekwoon.." that little boy greeted him.

Taekwoon eyes got blurry and soon the tears just escaped from his eyes. He couldn't believe that he will met his noonas again and wondered if the kid he saw was his nephew.

"Look.. You are already crying because of Minyool.." Sewoon teased Taekwoon. "Minyool ah, introduce yourself to Uncle.." She asked the boy to introduce himself.

"An-yeong-ha-se-yo, cho-neun Lee Minyool im-nida.." The boy said it while bowing.

Taekwoon couldn't help but cry at seeing his nephew for the first time. The happiness and sadness were all mixed.

"Oh, uncle is crying.." Minyool pointed at Taekwoon.

"Yaaa stop crying, you are giving bad example for Minyool.." Jiwoon said as she gave Taekwoon tissue.

Meanwhile Sewoon smirked, "Hush, unnie.."

Taekwoon wiped his tears when Jiwoon patted his back. "How are you Taek?"

Taekwoon looked up and saw Jiwoon in the eyes. He still remembered how angry she was when his dad passed away. But her eyes that time was different from this time. This time, her eyes were full of longing.

"I'm.. I’m fine.." Taekwoon slowly answered. "But noona.. I think I have to go now.. We're not supposed to meet.."

"Taek.." Jiwoon held his arm. "Just sit down and listen to me.."

Jiwoon’s words always had power on him, like a spell, so he obeyed her words, and sat down.

At that time, Sewoon brought Minyool to play in the outside to give Taekwoon and Jiwoon time to talk.

 

"Taek, I'm sorry.. I'm sorry for everything I have said to you.. Don't you know how much I regret the time I told you to leave? I feel sorry to mom and dad for treating you like this.. I'm sorry.." Jiwoon squeezed his hands.

Taekwoon could only look at his noona who apologized to him.

"I realized when I giving birth to Minyool.. I almost lost him.. And that time, I could just give anything to make him alive.. That was when I knew what mom's feel when she was giving you birth.. I was selfish then.. I'm sorry Taek.."

"Don't say that noona.. I was always sorry to you.. You had to take care of me when it should be the time for you to play with your friends.. Just say, I took your teenage life.. I even took what should be happiest time, your wedding, with dad's accident.."

"Sssh.. Don't say that.. It's not your fault.. It's no one fault.. It was just happened.. Maybe it was just the time dad should leave us.. And about my wedding.. Yeah it will be happier if you come.. Did you receive my invitation? I gave it to Sewoon and she went to your school.."

Taekwoon nodded.

"Then why don't you come?"

"I don't wanna make a scene.. I don't wanna bring bad luck in your wedding.."

"Sssh.. Why do you say that again? Please don't say that.. I really regret that I have ever given you that name.. You're not, Taek.. You're not a bad luck.."

Taekwoon was looking at his noona like a little boy. He surely missed his noona, Jiwoon was just like a mom for him.

"I should

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter