The Past

The Starlight House
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 12: The Past

 

In Monday morning.

Everyone as usual gathered in the dining room for breakfast. But today, there was one person who hasn’t come downstairs yet. Lee Jaehwan.

"Where's Jaehwan?" Hakyeon asked.

But then there was a sound of footsteps coming down, not long before they could see Jaehwan’s face.

"Good morning!" He greeted them with a bright smile.

Sukyeon and Taekwoon looked at him with a worry face.

"Hyung, I got message from Hani noona.. Did you meet her yesterday?" Hongbin asked as Jaehwan sit on the chair.

Hani? Aah.. So that's the name of the girl.. Sukyeon talked in her mind.

Jaehwan nodded.

"Aaah.. That's why you went since morning.." Hongbin said.

"Hani? Who is Hani?" Hakyeon asked

Hongbin didn’t answer but instead looking at Jaehwan searching for approval to say. But Jaehwan managed to say it by himself, "Hani is my first love hyung.."

Everyone softly muttered "Aaah.." while nodding.

"You meet her again?" Hakyeon asked.

Jaehwan smiled and then nodded.

"Is she come back here to stay or...?" Hongbin asked slowly.

"She get back to Paris this morning.. " Jaehwan answered it still smiling.

Everyone was silent to hear that.

But Hongbin got a bit mad, "How could she do that? I mean, it's been 2 years since she left you.. Then she suddenly came back for nothing?"

"Two years??" Hakyeon and Ravi both were asking the same question.

"I know how you longing for her Hyung.. It's just not fair.. " Hongbin was still mad.

"Yaaa! Why are you making me like a pitiful man?? I'm fine.. I'm just really happy to meet her again.. And moreover, she came here to make things clear.. So now I can make a new start..." Jaehwan ended it with smile.

Jaehwan told the story with a cheerful face, but Sukyeon knew that he was sad.

"Does it hurt, Hyung?" Hyuk asked.

"Hurt?" Jaehwan asked back.

"Love is hurt, right?" Hyuk asked again.

"Yeah it hurts sometimes.. But I'm not gonna stop to fall in love.. The bittersweet of love is an amazing feeling Hyukkie.. Don't be scared to fall in love.." Jaehwan was telling it while smiling.

Hyuk nodded.

Meanwhile Hakyeon . "Seems like you're really expert in love, Hwan ah.."

"I'm not hyung.." Jaehwan laughed, and then continued, "Anyway, I already tell my story.. How about yours?" Jaehwan asked the others.

But no one replied him.

"Seems no one has a love story to share, Hwan ah...." Hakyeon laughed.

But then, Sukyeon interrupted, "Wait, the girl you kissed back then, who is she Oppa ?"

"Heee?? What girl?" Hakyeon was thinking for a while, and then clapped his hands, "Ah!  That girl.. How did you know?"

"I saw it.. Tsk tsk.."

"She's my high school classmate.. And it's just basically an accident.. She's even not my girlfriend.."

"Heol.. You are really such a player, Oppa.."

"Nooo.. That's not what I mean.. Ah it's complicated Yeon ah, it's hard to explain to you.." Then Hakyeon tried to avoid Sukyeon's another question on him with asking Ravi, "Ravi, have you been in a relationship?"

"No.. But I ever once, confessed my feeling to a girl, but got rejected.. Since that, I never fall in love again..." Ravi answered while laughing.

"She must really regret it by now.." Hakyeon tried to make him feel better.

Ravi responds it with smiling.

 

"Then, how about you Bin ah?" Hakyeon asked.

"I think I have not fallen in love yet." Hongbin simply answered.  

"Heish.. There are many girls have crush on you.. Don't you know?" Jaehwan poked him.

"Yeah.. That's why.. Even when many girls were chasing me, I didn't have any feelings for them.." Hongbin said in confuse.

"That's because you give your heart to Park Hyoshin!" Ravi teased on Hongbin made everyone laugh.

"Maybe.." Hongbin also laughed.

 

"How about you, Taekwoon Hyung?" Ravi asked Taekwoon.

Taekwoon only gave him a poker face.

That made Ravi give up, "Well yeah, okay, skip him.."

 

"How about you noona?" Hongbin asked Sukyeon.

"Hum? Me? Mmm.. I have never been in a relationship before..." Sukyeon answers while laughing.

"That must because your Oppa.." Ravi gave comment.

"Why me? But yeah.. My lovely little sister deserves the best guy in the world.. If someone has a feeling for her, he should ask my approval first.." Hakyeon explained it in proud.

But that made Sukyeon want to throw up, "Oppa please.."

That made everyone laugh.

Then, Sukyeon continue, "It's not because I have some kind of protective Oppa.." She said while deliberately look at Hakyeon. "But.. It's just.. I haven't met someone who can win my heart.. yet.."

That made everyone said, "Whooo"

"So, how to win your heart?" Jaehwan asked.

That was the question Taekwoon want to ask too, but he didn’t have gut to ask.

"Mmm.. I love someone who can make me smile.." Sukyeon answered while smiling.

"Oh! I just make you smile, so do you love me?" Jaehwan made a joke.

That made Sukyeon smiling.

"Noona is often smiling when she's with me, so do you love me too, noona?" Hyuk also made a joke.

"Yaaa.. She's also smiling when she look at me.." Ravi was deliberately making a funny face to make Sukyeon smiling.

"You always smile when I smile to you.." Hongbin showed his dimple charms to make Sukyeon smiling.

Sukyeon was laughing to see their acts. "Yaaa it's not like that.. But yeah, I love you all.. Satisfied?”

Everyone laughed.

But there was one guy who stay silent, he said in his mind, Everyone is able to make you smile.. Except me.. How ironic..

 

-00-

 

Sukyeon, Jaehwan, and Taekwoon were walking together to the bus stop as usual. Taekwoon walked beside Jaehwan while plugging his earphones, but actually he was not listening to any music.

"So that's why you borrow my shoulder yesterday?" Sukyeon started the conversation.

Jaehwan smiled. "Yeah.. Thank you for your shoulder Yeon ah.."

"You can always come to me when you have problem Hwan ah.. Don't keep it inside your heart, it'll be lighter if you share it.."

"You're really kind Yeon ah.. I'll definitely borrow your shoulder again.. " Jaehwan said as he leand his head on Sukyeon shoulder.

"Yeah. This shoulder is yours.." Sukyeon said that then smiling.

She didn’t know that Taekwoon can hear that. Taekwoon could only remain silent.

He even chose not to take the bus with them and just walked to the campus.

‘This shoulder is yours?’ Huh.. So, how about your heart?

 

-00-

 

The after lunch class has been canceled because the lecturer was still in a broad, so Sukyeon went to Script Writing Club (SWC), while Jaehwan went to Prop Experts Club.

Right after Sukyeon came to SWC room, she has been invited to support Doojoon, one of the club member who have soccer practice. When reaching the supporter bench, Gayoon, the head of SWC a.k.a Doojoon’s girlfirend was already there. She was waving her hands to her lovely boy excitedly.

“Unnie.. you seems so excited..” Sukye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter