New Chapter

The Starlight House
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 42: New Chapter

 

#np: Hot Summer by F(x)

The hot summer was coming. People tend to go to the beach to get tanned under the sunlight or go to the pool party having fun playing a pool volley-ball. But that was not the case for the Starlight House’s members.

Ravi gave an idea to make a party. A welcoming party for Sukyeon and Jaehwan from Bali and also farewell for Hakyeon, Sukyeon, and Hyuk as they will move out from the house. So, the members were busy preparing it. Hongbin and Hyuk were in charge of food and beverages, Hakyeon and Taekwoon were in charge of decoration, while Ravi was in charge in the music.

This party was quite unique, Hakyon and Taekwoon brought the sofa to the rooftop and made the large bench as the table. They put decorative lighting around the rooftop. They even borrowed Hyegyeol’s plastic kiddie pool to give some kind of feel of having a party next to the pool (LOL). Hongbin and Hyuk bought a carbonated drink and many kind of fruits for the ingredients to make non-alcohol cocktails. They also bought tortilla chips, mini burgers, and etc as the snacks. And Ravi was preparing his laptop, loudspeaker and of course, his playlist.

Sukyeon and Jaehwan reached the house right after the sunset, and they were directly ushered to the rooftop.

“Woaaah... Daebak” Sukyeon and Jaehwan were in awe to see their rooftop had changed into a party place.

“IGE MWOYAAA?? HKKKK” Jaehwan was laughing so hard when seeing the plastic kiddie pool with the plastic balls inside.

“This is Hyegyeol’s.. hahaha” Hakyeon answered while also laughing.

“You should invite Hyegyeol too, Oppa.. hahaha” Sukyeon was also laughing.

While looking around Jaehwan found another interesting thing, “Woah, how could you bring sofa to the rooftop? Daebak..”

“Hakyeon’s idea always makes me suffer..” Taekwoon softly responded to Jaehwan’s question.

“Hahaha..” The members were laughing hearing Taekwoon’s respond.

“Well, just sit here Noonaa..” Hyuk took Sukyeon’s wrist and made her sit on the sofa.

Meanwhile Hongbin was dragging Jaehwan to sit on the sofa next to Sukyeon.

Then, they brought the cocktails they made. “Here’s the perfect drink on summer...” Hongbin gave it to them.

“It’s called Tropicalo Paradiso..” Hyuk named it.

“Woah, it looks so fresh! But I’m a bit scared.. What have you put on this drink?” Sukyeon suspicious.

“Noonaaa! Just drink it!” Hyuk yelled.

Then Jaehwan and Sukyeon drank it and they were shocked, “WOOAAAH! THIS IS GREAT!”

“See?” Hongbin was so proud, he made a high-five with Hyuk.

Then all of the members were toasting their glass in the air and drinking it.

 

Ravi then approached his laptop and played the music, #np: Chris Brown – Yeah Yeah Yeah

“Ravi yaa, just act like a DJ!” Hakyeon gave a wild idea again.

“Okay!” Ravi then stood behind his laptop and acted like a DJ, “EVERYBODY PUT YOUR HANDS IN THE AIR!!!”

“YEAAAHHH!!” The members were all shouting foolishly and start dancing.

 

After dancing for a while, Hyuk approached his noona. “Noona-nim, hand gifts juseyooo...” He asked in a cute way.

“Hahaha, Hyukkie.. Wait, I’ll bring the hand gifts..”

Sukyeon went downstairs to pick up the hand gifts and came back to the rooftop.

“This is called Balinese Barong T-Shirt.. We bought it for all of you, so we have the same shirt.. Does it sounds great??” Sukyeon was happily giving the shirt to each of them.

“The creature paint in the center of the shirt is the same as this..” Jaehwan gave the Barong mask to Hyuk.

“Woaah, this is so good!” Hyuk was amazed looking at the mask which has a bulging eyes, large ears, and a headdress of gilt leather.

 “This is for you, Oppa..” Sukyeon gave Hakyeon a mini-figure of a Balinese girl who dance Legong.

“Woaah.. It’s beautiful..” Hakyeon was happy to get it.

“And this is for you, Ravi..” Jaehwan gave it to Ravi. “That’s a CD filled with Balinese traditional instrument.. I think it will be good for your music..”

“Nice!” Ravi said it as he got the CD.

“Noona, where’s your digital camera? I need to see the pictures I asked you to take..” Hongbin asked Sukyeon.

“Here it is..” Sukyeon gave it to Hongbin

Hongbin directly turned it on and looked at the picture Sukyeon and Jaehwan took in Bali.

“Yaaa! I want to see the scenery of Bali.. Why do I only see your picture with Jaehwan hyung?” Hongbin burst.

“You can see the scenery as our background photo, right?” Sukyeon defended herself.

Hongbin kept clicking the next button, and found the same photo of Sukyeon and Jaehwan with the background of the white sand beach. “Heol.. Seems you both really going there for a honeymoon..” Hongbin muttered.

“Hahaha.. Indeed.. Look, they really match to each other, right? Hahaha..” Ravi who was standing next to Taekwoon obviously said it while rolled his eyes to Taekwoon.

Taekwoon sighed.

“The pictures on the camera were only filled with our selca, so just stop looking at it if you won’t.. haha.” Sukyeon also said it while steal a glance to Taekwoon, to make him jealous.

Taekwoon couldn’t hold it anymore, so he said. “Cha Sukyeon, follow me...” He grabbed Sukyeon’s wrist and took her to the TV room, downstairs.

 

-00-

 

Taekwoon was sitting on the couch and followed by Sukyeon as she sat next to him.

“Can you stop giving me that such test?” Taekwoon pouted.

“Hahaha.. Sorry.. I just wanna make sure you’re healed...” Sukyeon said playfully.

“I’m completely healed..” Taekwoon responded fast.

“Really? Then.. Would you give me a kiss?” Sukyeon asked playfully.

Meanwhile Taekwoon get shocked, “Kiss???”

“If you’re healed completely, then you can kis—“

Choop. Sukyeon’s words was cut by Taekwoon’s peck on her lips. Sukyeon get surprised by his act but then smiled like a little girl.

“Kissing isn’t related to the healing.. You’re just making it..” Taekwoon said with a smirk.

“Hahaha.. I need the reason for you to kiss me, Taek-ssi...” Sukyeon smiled like a kitty cat.

Taekwoon chuckled to see her acting like that. “You don’t have to make any reason...” Then Taekwoon gave her an affectionate kiss.

I hope the time stopped, so we’re gonna stay like this, forever...

 

Flashback Chapter 40:

From: Sukyeon

Anyeong Taekwoon ssi.. I saw you smile.. I saw how happy you are with your family.. I met Sewoon ssi, and she told me everything about you.. I’m sorry for not understanding you.. I mad at you when I didn’t know anything about you.. I feel so stupid, haha.. So, please forgive me..

And I think we should have a new fresh start, right? I wonder if I’m mature enough to be in love, and I also wonder are you ready to be in love again.. But, you never said that you love me anyway.. Maybe these time, I was just over-confidence, haha.. So, it will be better if we start a new day in our own way..

You know what Taekwoon ssi, there are so many stars tonight.. I think they are also celebrating your family reunion.. Aaaah, it’s really nice to swing like this while seeing at those stars. It makes me remember what Oppa said, The starlight that shine on us and our togetherness gave us energy.. I hope these starlight tonight will give us energy to create our own happiness..

Well, I’m too much talking, haha.. See you soon, Taekwoon ssi ^^

-Sukyeon-

 

After Sukyeon sent that message to Taekwoon, she called Jaehwan.

“Hwan ah...”

“Yeah.. What’s up, Yeon ah?”

“Would you help me?”

---

Then, Jaehwan was coming to the park and had a talk with Sukyeon on the swing.

“So, what I have to do is just sit here, have a chat with you as usual while waiting for him to come, see us, and get jealous?” Jaehwan asked Sukyeon.

“The reason we did this is not only for making him jealous.. I want him to overcome his insecurity.. He always compared himself with you.. He always thought that you will treat me better than him.. He even dare to give me to you, Hwan ah.. I want him to overcome that.” Sukyeon answered.

“So, I have send him a message, with a hidden intention to lure him here. And when he come here, he will see me.. with you.. I want him to break his insecurity and take me from you.. I want him to heal himself.. “ Sukyeon added.

“Heal himself?” Jaehwan asked.

“Yeah.. I’m scared that if we have problem in the future, he will leave me agin.. I don’t want it to happen again.. No.. No more.. So, I have to make sure.. He can overcome his insecurity..”

“Well, I hope it will goes as a plan, Yeon ah..”

“Yeah, I hope so.. But, is it okay with you? I’m shamelessly asking for your help.. I’m sorry..” Sukyeon said.

“It’s okay.. That’s what friend are for.. hahaha..”

“You’re really such a good guy, Hwan ah...”

“Hey, he’s coming..” Jaehwan whispered to Sukyeon. “Don’t turn your head and keep looking at me..” Jaehwan instructed.

“How is he?” Sukyeon asked Jaehwan.

“I don’t know.. I’m not looking at him anymore.. Haha..”

“Hahaha..” Sukyeon laughed.

“Yeah, that’s good.. keep laughing Yeon ah.. We should make him burn in jealousy.. hahaha..”

But after a couple of minutes, there’s no footstep coming near to them. So, Sukyeon decided to turn her head and looked around.

“I think he went away, Yeon ah..” Jaehwan said.

“Yeah.. Maybe I have to wait a little bit longer for him to be healed..” Sukyeon sighed.

 

Flashback Chapter 41:

After finishing his song, Taekwoon got up and approached her. “Sukyeon ah.. That song is for you..”

Sukyeon was looking at him deeply but didn’t say anything.

“That song is explaining what I feel inside.. What inside my heart.. My feeling to you..”

Taekwoon paused to catch some breath and then continued, “I love you Cha Sukyeon.. In the past until now.. I still love you...”

I still love you too. Sukyeon said it in her heart.

There was silent for a couple of minutes, but Sukyeon still didn’t say anything.

“Sukyeon ah...” Taekwoon called her name, asking for her reaction.

“Well.. Thanks for the song.. That’s really beautiful..” Sukyeon said it with smile. She took a deep breath and continued, “But.. What do you expect after singing me this song? What do you want from me? Don’t you think it’s... too late?”

It’s not too late, Taekwoon ssi.. Just do what you should do! Sukyeon said it in her mind.

“Thank you for loving me, Taekwoon ssi... But.. Love is not enough..” Sukyeon said then bite her lower lips, holding her tears.

Yeah, Love is not enough.. You should overcome your insecurity... Sukyeon said in her mind.

“Well, My friends are waiting for me.. I should get going to the bus..” Sukyeon said that as she walked out the room, leaving Taekwoon behind.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter