First Date

The Starlight House
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 37: First Date

 

"One"

"Two"

"Three"

"Four"

"Five"

"Six"

"Seven"

 

Sukyeon opened her eyes and loosened her hug. She looked at Taekwoon who saw her eyes deeply in questioning.

 

But then Sukyeon smiled and said, "Confirmed. Taekwoon ssi.. I'm falling in love with you.."

 

What? What just she said?

 

"I say I love you, Taekwoon ssi.."

 

She loves me?

 

Taekwoon eyes was widened. He couldn’t believe what he just heard.

 

"But I didn't mean to push you to love me back or what.. I just wanna say it.. I just wanna make my hearts to be relieved.. So you don't have to--"

 

In one move, Taekwoon pulled Sukyeon in his embrace. He hugged her while saying, "Me too.."

 

Sukyeon was surprised, "Uhm?"

 

Taekwoon hugged her tighter and said, "Me too.."

 

Sukyeon smiled so bright and butterflies just started flying in her stomach.

 

I know it, Taekwoon ssi.. I can feel it.. Sukyeon said in her mind.

 

-00-

 

After few minutes has passed, they finally loosened their hug. But what came after that, was..  awkwardness.

Taekwoon scratched his nape to cover his nervousness, while Sukyeon was running away. She tried to hide her nervousness with running and taking the ball in the goalpost.

But then she got the idea..

"Taekwoon ssi.. Why don't we play for a bit?" She said as she walked back to the frozen Taekwoon.

"Play? With you?"

Sukyeon nodded, "Hu um.. The one who can make more goals is the winner.."

Taekwoon smiled. "Are you sure you can beat me?" Taekwoon teased.

"I'm confident!"

"Okay..."

 

Then they did rock scissor paper to choose the one who get the first chance. And Sukyeon's scissor beat Taekwoon's paper. Sukyeon started the game. She dribbled the ball slowly to the goalpost. Taekwoon who saw that chuckled, he then got closer to Sukyeon and started to block her.

"Are you sure, you can at least pass me?" Taekwoon playfully asked.

"Yeaaah! Why can't I?"

But in the blink of an eye, Taekwoon could steal the ball.

"Aaah Taekwoon ssi!" She ran to take the ball, but it was too late, Taekwoon already made a goal. He turned and gave Sukyeon a teasing smile. "I'm not gonna play easy.."

Sukyeon walked closer, "Better! I like to play hard.." She smirked, and it made Taekwoon chuckle.

Then she took the ball and brought it to the penalty area again. She started dribbling forward but Taekwoon was blocking her again. Taekwoon always followed Sukyeon move and it made her frustrated.

"Ah, really!"

"You say you like to play hard?"

"Hish!" But then Sukyeon finally could pass Taekwoon and dribbled forward, and goal!

"See? I can make a goal.." Sukyeon stuck out her tongue.

Taekwoon giggled to see that, Sukyeon didn’t realize that he let her to pass him and let her to make a goal.

 

Then Sukyeon dominated the play with her playful action. Just like..

"It's a foul! How can you hug me when I want to make a goal?" Taekwoon couldn’t believe Sukyeon hugged and held him, to prevent him from making a goal.

"You won't?" Sukyeon teased.

"Ah.. No.. I want.." Taekwoon hugged her tighter.

And like when Sukyeon tickled Taekwoon to steal the ball and made a goal. Basically, all of Sukyeon's goals were because Taekwoon let her to make it. But looking at how Sukyeon happy made him happy too. They continued to play that funny soccer game for a few minutes, until..

"Taekwoon ssi, do you have water?" Sukyeon looked exhausted.

"Yeah.. There's on the bench.." Taekwoon said that as he walked closer to Sukyeon and ruffled her hair. "Let's get rest, cutie pie.."

"Cutie pie?" Sukyeon was directly blushing.

Seeing that, Taekwoon was laughing happily.

See? We're not awkward anymore. Sukyeon said in her mind.

 

-00-

 

After reaching the bench, Sukyeon was directly sitting on the bench, she couldn’t deny that she was tired. Taekwoon gave Sukyeon a bottle of mineral water and sat next to her.

"It's just a few minutes, and you already looked so tired.. Ottoke?" Taekwoon .

After finish drinking, she answerd, "Don't compare me with you, Mr. Professional player.."

Taekwoon giggled to hear that. But Sukyeon was silent, she got lost in her stare to Taekwoon.

Responding that, Taekwoon asked, "Why? Is there something on my face?"

"I like it..." Sukyeon replied fast.

"Hum?"

"Your smile.. Your laugh.. I like it..." Sukyeon said that as she also smiled.

Taekwoon smiled and said, "Thanks.. With you I can smile like this.."

Hearing that, Sukyeon's lips couldn’t help but to make her best curves. The feeling when someone you love said that he's happy with you was just adorable.

"But.. How could you come here?" Taekwoon asked.

"How? Mmm.. It's just happened.. I just can't hold my feeling, so I run here and say it to you.."

Taekwoon chuckled. "Is that easy? I even have to fight with myself whether I should confess to you or not.."

"Uh? Is that why you still here? Playing alone?" Sukyeon asked.

Taekwoon nodded.

" See? Que sera sera.. Whatever will be will be.. Seems like universe really want us to be together, Taekwoon ssi.. " Sukyeon said while looking at the sky. But then she turned to see Taekwoon again, "But, what makes you hesitate?"

Taekwoon sighed, "You know--"

"Jaehwan?" Sukyeon cut.

Taekwoon looked at her and nodded.

"It's okay! Jaehwan is fine.. He even knows that I'm here right now.. "

"He knows?" Taekwoon was surprised.

Sukyeon nodded, "Hu um.. He said that I have to open up for us becoming friends again.."

"He's a good guy.." Taekwoon said softly as he looking at the field.

 

"Well, are you thinking about oppa too?" Sukyeon’s question woke him back from his thought.

"Hakyeon?"

"Don't worry about him.. Even though he looked like a protective oppa, but he's actually a complaisant."

"Hu um.. I'm gonna talk to him.." Taekwoon answered in relax.

"Nonono.. I'm gonna talk to him!" Sukyeon replied fast.

"Hish, it's okay.. I'm the one who gonna talk to him.. Suddenly I miss his nagging.. " Taekwoon convinced Sukyeon.

"Okay.. Okay.." Sukyeon gave up. But then, she looked at the ground and smile. "I can't believe... That we're together right now.. "

Taekwoon nodded.

Sukyeon then looked up and said, "Taekwoon ssi.. Let's be happy together uhm? Let's be together for a long time.. So I can see your smile every day.. So I can cheer you up on your soccer match.. So I can--"

Sukyeon stopped because Taekwoon landed his finger on her lips. Sukyeon looked up and saw Taekwoon changed his facial expression.

 

I know it.. I know what will happen next. Sukyeon talked in her mind.

 

Then, Taekwoon held her jaw and leaned forward. Slowly their nose were rubbed and it made Sukyeon closes her eyes.

 

No, it's not because I'm scared, but because I'm anticipating, I can't wait for it.

 

And their lips touched, sending a sensation in both Sukyeon and Taekwoon. Sukyeon let Taekwoon to own her lips. It was soft and encouraging, soothing her, making her squirm in his arms. Taekwoon’s left hand held Sukyeon’s waist and made her get closer. Sukyeon also hugged Taekwoon while her lips tried to follow his move. Finally, they were drowning in their harmony kissing.

 

I love you Taekwoon ssi.. For everything that we’ve been through together

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter