Last Try

The Starlight House
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 34: Last Try

 

Then, the day has come. Jaehwan was already waiting in the dining room with all of the House members. Sukyeon came out with her simple but sweet outfit. The House members were amazed on her appearance. Taekwoon even couldn’t take his eyes off of her.

"Woah.. You're pretty today, noona.." Ravi was the first one who praised her.

"Look, she even straighten her hair and use makeup..." Hongbin gave comment.

"She's Lucy...." Ravi laughed.

"Hyuuung.. She's not Lucy, she's Cha Sukyeon, uri noona.." Hyuk shifted closer and rounded his left arm on Sukyeon's shoulder.

"Yaaa.. Stop.." Hakyeon asked them to stop chattering. He looked at Sukyeon and said, "Sukyeon ah.. Decide well, uhm? Don't make a false decision.. Just ask your deepest heart, understand?"

Sukyeon chuckled to hear that words come out from her brother. Meanwhile the other were also laughing.

"Hyung.. Don't you think you're too mean to Jaehwan hyung?" Hongbin asked.

Hakyeon shook his head, meanwhile Jaehwan was only laughing.

"Hwan hyung.. Just try to stand next to sista.." Ravi ordered.

"Hyuk, just please step aside for a while.." Hongbin also ordered.

Hyuk obeyed Hongbin's order while pouting.

"Woaaah look... You two look so good.. Your outfit is match!" Ravi claimed.

Jaehwan and Sukyeon checked whether what Ravi say was right. But, he was right, Jaehwan wore a white Versus shirt with navy jeans and sky blue beanie, while Sukyeon wore a denim jacket on top of pink dress.

Yeah, sadly even I see that they look great together.. Even Taekwoon couldn’t deny that fact, he envied Jaehwan.

"Yaaa.. Don't exaggerate things.. Just go.. Don't forget to bring her back before 9 pm. You got me, Lee Jaehwan?" Hakyeon kept nagging.

"Yes hyung.." Jaehwan said while bowing.

"Hyung, don't do anything absurd to noona, hum?" Hyuk also reminded him.

"Araseo.. araseo.." He then led Sukyeon to get outside the house.

In the outside, there was already Kia Picanto waiting for them.

"You bring car??" Ravi was surprised.

"Hwan ah, whose car is it?" Sukyeon asked.

"I borrowed from Sehun..."

"You don't have to borrow car, Hwan ah.." Sukyeon said.

"It's okay.. Let's get inside.."

"Yeoksi... Uri Jaehwan Hyung is a gentleman.. You see it, Hakyeon Hyung?" Hongbin tried to promote his hyung.

But he only got hit by Hakyeon.

"Then, please excuse us.." Jaehwan bowed for the last time.

Hakyeon nodded and then bent to talk to his dongsaeng who was already inside the car. "Yeon ah.. If something happens just call me, okay?"

Sukyeon chuckled. "Don't worry Oppa.. Bye.."

And then Jaehwan started the engine and went away with Sukyeon, leaving the others murmured about them.

"Jaehwan hyung is great, he even provides car, Daebak.." Ravi praised Jaehwan.

"Hyung, can you drive? Please teach me how to drive.." Hyuk asked Hakyeon who ignored him.

Meanwhile Taekwoon was drowning in his thought, He even brings a car.. He plans the date really well.. Jaehwan is a real man.. I'm nothing next to him..

 

-00-

 

Inside the car, Sukyeon had conversation with Jaehwan.

"Yeon ah, where do you want to go?" Jaehwan asked.

"Mmm.. Don't you already have a plan?"

Jaehwan smiled. "How could you know?"

"Because.. You are like that.. You like making events..."

"Yeah, you're right.."

"Did you also make events for your past girlfriend?"

"Yeah.. If I love someone, I tend to give the all of me.. I want to give her the best.."

You should give your best.  Suddenly Youngji's word was echoing in her head.

Yeah, I should give my best.

"Ehm.. Hwan ah.. You look great with that beanie.." Sukyeon started to try to do her best.

"Oh! Really? Have you just praise me? Woah it should be me who praise you.."

Sukyeon smiled.

"You're so beautiful Yeon ah.. It's true.."

Sukyeon couldn’t help but to blush.  “Thanks.."

There was silent for a while then Jaehwan started to talk again, "Have you going to Nami Island?"

"Nami Island?? We want to go there today??"

"Nooo.. Why do you suddenly sounds scared?" Jaehwan laughed over his success teasing on Sukyeon.

Sukyeon felt relieved, because Nami Island was famous for overnight trip, and Sukyeon was not ready for that. "Then why you ask?"

"I'm just gonna tease you..” He grinned. “Then, have you going to Namsan Tower?"

"Namsan Tower? Not yet.."

"We will go there.."

"Woah.. Okay.. I'm excited!" Sukyeon looked excited and it mad Jaehwan happy.

 

-00-

 

#np: Love Equation by VIXX

Then, they reached Namsan Tower area. First, they had to go to the tower by cable car. While the cable car vrought them to the tower, they were looking at the view of Seoul while chatting and laughing. When they came out of the cable car, they turned left to go up to the tower and walked up the stairs to the base station. Then they went to the most popular attraction at the base station which was love locks.

"Woaaah, daebak.. How many padlocks hung here?" Sukyeon was amazed.

"Mmm.. Maybe thousands.. I don't know.."

"Are they really believe if they place padlock here they will be together forever happily ever after?"

Jaehwan shrugged. "It's only a tradition Yeon ah.. Just a symbol of everlasting love.."

"It's kinda cheesy for me..."

"Cheesy? Ha ha ha.. Well that's good, so I don't have to buy a padlock for us.. But even though we’re not locking padlock here, let's take a picture Yeon ah.."

“Okay!” Sukyeon happily stood closer to Jaehwan and he pressed the camera, click!

 

Then they went inside the tower. Once they inside, they directly went to The Teddy Bear Museum.

"Woooaaa... Kyeopta.." Sukyeon was running a bit to take a look at the couple teddy bear model in front of the palace. "Hwan ah, this is really cute.."

Jaehwan nodded in smile, he loved to see Sukyeon happy like that. They were going around the museum in happy mood. Sukyeon really liked to see teddy bears in different setting place and outfit. They didn’t forget to take a picture together between the teddy bear couple.

 

Then they went to the second floor, they were going around in the shops laughing over cute tee or accessories. Then Jaehwan stopped at one shop.

"Yeon ah.. Let's buy couple sunglasses.."

"Uhm? No thanks if it's expensive.."

"Yaaa it's cheap.. Don't be that frugal.."

"Really? Okay then.. Mmm.. I like this aviator.."

"Oh yeah that's good.. Brown aviators.. Try to wear it Yeon ah.." He helped Sukyeon to wear the aviator.

"Woah.. Good!"

"You too Hwan ah.." It's Sukyeon turn to help Jaehwan wear the aviator.

"Oh My God.. It suits you really well.. You're really cool.."

Then they looked at the mirror and praised themselves.

"We both look cool..."

"Okay we take these aviators.. " Jaehwan then bought that couple aviators.

 

When they passed the pond, Jaehwan stopped Sukyeon.

"Yeon ah.. You know, this pond is called the wishing pond.."

"Wishing Pond?"

"Yeah, if you throw coins into the pond with your lover, it will be an eternal love."

"Oh My God.. Another cheesy tradition.." Sukyeon rolled her eyes.

"Should we try it?"

"It's better to give coins to someone who need, not here Hwan ah.."

Jaehwan pressed his lip before saying, "The coins here will be collected and donated to develop schools in rural area, Yeon ah.."

Sukyeon was surprised. "Really? Well, let's try.."

Jaehwan smiled and then took coin from his pocket and held it together with Sukyeon and then threw it to the pond.

Sukyeon and Jaehwan smiled to each other after throwing that coin. They didn’t forget to take a picture with their couple aviators and the pond as the background.

 

Then they went to the third floor, the observatory. As soon as they reached the observatory, Sukyeon directly went to the edge of the tower looking at the view.

"Daebak.. It's really WOW...."

"Show me, where is our house?" Jaehwan asked impossible thing.

"Yaaa, you kidding me? How could I find it?"

"But it's fascinating right?"

"Yeah.. They all look so small.. And I feel so big and powerful here.. Like everything I can reach with my hands.." Sukyeon says as she moves her hand in front of her.

Jaehwan really liked this happy Sukyeon.

 

They stayed there for a couple of minutes, waiting for the sunset. And slowly the sun went down, making the sky turn to scarlet. It was really a beautiful view, Sukyeon was so lost in seeing the view. But Jaehwan struggled to keep his mind from back hugging Sukyeon. His hands started to reach her waist, but he shook his head, and canceled his move.

At that time, Sukyeon turned her head to look at Jaehwan and dragged him to stand next to her and started to talk about the beautiful scenery. Jaehwan was laughing himself for almost doing stupid thing.

 

After the night claimed the sky, they went back to the base station.

"Sorry Yeon ah.. Actually there's a great restaurant in 5th floor but it's really expensive.. So, is it okay if we eat here?"

"Yes, it's okay.. The view from here is really good too.."

They were going inside the cafe in the base station. They chose the seat which can make them enjoy the scenery.

"It's really beautiful at night.. Look.. The lamps in the street and cars are like shining stars." Sukyeon was amazed at the scenery.

They were enjoying chicken and chips while looking at the scenery.

"Sukyeon ah.. Do you like it?"

"Uhm?"

"About today.. Do you have fun?"

"Today? Of course! I never on a date before.. And this is a fun first date, thanks Hwan ah.."

"I hope we will have a second, third, and more date.. " Jaehwan made an innocent boy smile.

Sukyeon stopped eating, and forced a smile.

"Mmm.. Hwan ah.. Sorry about my Oppa behavior earlier.. Sorry if his words hurts you.. It's the first time there's a guy who ask to date me officially.. So he's a bit overreacting.. But he didn't mean to hurt you.. "

"I know it Yeon ah.. He tried to protect his little sister.. And that's what a brother is for.."

"Thanks for understanding, Hwan ah.." She smiled to him.

 

Jaehwan was then thinking about the next conversation.

"Mmm.. Yeon ah.. Tell me, who is the most handsome in our house?"

"In our house? Hongbinnie!" She said it without hesitate.

"Aaah..” Jaehwan nodded and then asked again, “The second?"

"Mmm.."

Is it Taekwoon ssi? No, I suppose to say it's Jaehwan... But I shouldn't lie, right?

"Taek-woon ssi?" Sukyeon answered softly.

"Taekwoon hyung?" Jaehwan was a bit surprised to hear that.

"Mmmm.. I’m rather bit confused.. I think Taekwoon ssi, you, Ravi, and Hyukkie is equal.. " Sukyeon explained and smiled.

"Aaah.. So we're equal.. Then you'll say that Hakyeon hyung is the last?"

"Yes, he's the last.." Sukyeon answered without hesitate.

Jaehwan shook his head. "You're so mean to your own oppa.."

"But Hwan ah.. Among those people, I think you're the cutest.." Sukyeon tried to do her best.

"Really?"

"Yeah.. Sometimes when you're with Hyuk I wonder which one is the real Maknae.."

"Is this cute?" Jaehwan made a heart shape with his fingers. "Cute?" Jaehwan threw a heart to Sukyeon.

"Aaah neomu kyeopta.. Like a cuttie little kid.. Uuuuh” Sukyeon pinched Jaehwan’s cheek, tried to do her best.

Cutie little kid? Ha ha ha... Jaehwan's smiled bitterly.

 

"Mmm.. Yeon ah.. What do you think about me?" Jaehwan gave a sudden question.

"Uhm?" Sukyeon looked surprised.

"What kind of person am I to you?" Jaehwan ask

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter