Jekyll n Hyde

The Starlight House
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 20: Jekyll & Hyde

Sukyeon was rolling in the bed after taking bath. She took the script that she got this afternoon.

"Let's see what scene I'll have.. " Sukyeon said softly. 

First she takes a look at the cast. 

Jekyll : Lee Jaehwan 

Hyde : Jung Taekwoon 

Emma : Bae Irene

Lucy : Cha Sukyeon 

Utterson : Yang Yoseob

Sir Danvers : Son Dongwoon

Stride : Kim Sunggyu 

"Woah.. Jaehwan's name in the first cast.. His positive thinking is really powerful.." Sukyeon smiled as she read the cast.

But then she frowns when she reads Emma word and the word next to her is Irene. "Why can't I being a good girl? Huft.."

She then turns the page and starts to read the synopsis. 

Part 1: Jekyll believes that the evil in his father's soul has caused his illness. Jekyll tells the audience about his passion to find out why man is both good and evil and his attempts to separate the good from the evil

Part 2: Some time later, the rich and poor of 19th century London describe how people act how they want others to see them, no matter who they really are inside.

Part 3: Jekyll presents a research proposal to the Board of Governors of St. Jude's Hospital. Sir Danvers, the chairman of the board, is in attendance along with Sir Archibald, Lord Theodore, Lady Elizabeth, General Glossop and Simon Stride, the secretary. All, with the exception of Sir Danvers and Stride, are pompous, rich semi-hypocrites. When Jekyll proposes to test his theory and his formula on a human subject (presumably his father), they reject the proposal with cries of "sacrilege, lunacy, blasphemy, heresy", voting five to none with Sir Danvers' one abstention. Utterson tries to calm Jekyll down, knowing that he is obsessed over his father's conditions. Jekyll feels that he could "save" those who have fallen in the same darkness.

Part 4: Later that night, the toast of society turns up at Sir Danvers' residence at Regent's Park, where he is throwing a glittering and possibly superficial engagement party for his daughter Emma's engagement to Dr. Jekyll, for which Jekyll is late. During the party, the guests - which include the Governors and Stride - mention how worried they are about Emma being engaged to a "madman," but both Sir Danvers and Emma back up Jekyll. Stride, who has feelings for Emma, speaks to Emma in private and tries to reason her out of her engagement, but she quickly turns him down, saying she feels she can be with the one she wants to be with.

Part 5: Jekyll arrives late as usual - just before the party leaves to go see the fireworks - and shares a moment with Emma. Though he warns her he may always busy with his work, Emma swears she will be beside him through it all. Sir Danvers returns as Jekyll leaves, and expresses to Emma that he considers Jekyll like a son to him, but finds it difficult to tolerate his behavior at the cost of losing his daughter. Emma assures him that he will never lose her, and they should not be afraid to let go.

Part 6: Jekyll and Utterson later go to the dregs of Camden Town known as "The Red Rat" for Jekyll's bachelor party. Bar Lady Lucy Harris arrives late and is in for some trouble with the boss, but she dismisses it for now. Despite her position in life, she is seen to be kind-hearted and well liked by her co-workers, but has moments of contemplation about her life. She sings in stage. Jekyll amazed at how Lucy singing. Then, after singing, One of the customer is playing on Lucy, but she refused. The Boss approaches Lucy and after striking her hard across the face, threatens to kill her if she makes a mistake again. Jekyll approaches Lucy after witnessing the Boss’ actions and intends to help her as Utterson is led away by another bar girl. After helping Lucy from her boss, Jekyll and Lucy are drawn to each other in a way that promises each of them a great friendship. Utterson reemerges, and Jekyll tells Lucy that he must be on his way. Before he goes, he gives Lucy his visiting card and asks her to see him should she ever need a friend.

Part 7: As Utterson and Jekyll arrive at the latter's residence, Utterson notices that Jekyll is i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter