Musical Part 4

The Starlight House
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 28: Musical Part 4

 

The curtains has been lifted up to show Hyde in the laboratory, holding his chest like hurt.

The narrator says, "The next day, Utterson finds Hyde in Jekyll's laboratory".

 

At that time, Utterson comes in.

"Who are you??" Utterson gets shocked to see Hyde.

Hyde turns to see Utterson and says, "Dr. Jekyll is not available.."

"Who are you? Are you Hyde? The colleague, Jekyll mentions?"

Hyde hold his hurt, and says, "Since Dr. Jekyll is not here, please come back later.."

"Where is he? Where is Jekyll?" Utterson gets closer to Hyde

"He's fine.. Just go back later.."

"I won't go until I know where he is!" Utterson declares.

Hyde scratch the desk in front of him, tries so hard to keep his anger.

At that time, Utterson sees Hyde's sword stick.

"What have you done to Jekyll??"

Hyde remains silent.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO JEKYLL??" The small man tries to confront Hyde. But he ends up being pushed away by Hyde and falling to the floor.

Hyde then walks staggered to the cabinet where he saved the anti-potion.

 

Utterson then takes the sword stick and confront Hyde again.

"Just tell me where is Jekyll!" Utterson says as he points out the sword stick to Hyde.

Hyde smirks, "Even I tell you, you will never believe.. "

"What? Just tell me!" Utterson insists.

"The person you're looking for.. Is me.. "

"What.. What are you saying?"

Hyde then injects the anti-potion to his arm, making him roaring with laughter around the room.

The light suddenly been turned off. And not for so long been again, to show Hyde already reverts to Jekyll in front of an appalled Utterson.

"My Goodness!" Utterson gets shocked to see what happens in front of him.

He finds Jekyll is laying on the floor like a dead person. He looks so pale and enervate.

"Ut-Utterson.." Jekyll calls his friend in low voice.

Utterson brave himself to kneel next to him.

"Jekyll? What happens?"

"The person you meet earlier is my evil side.."

"What? Wait.. So you make yourself as your research subject?" Utterson asks in disbelief.

Jekyll nods.

"Bloody hell! How could you do that??"

"Utterson, Hyde must be destroyed whatever the cost.. He's done so many awful things.. I can't control him.."

"Y-yes.. But how?"

"I'll figure it out soon.. But now help me to get up.."

Utterson then helps Jekyll to get up. He walks to the desk, takes a piece of paper, and writes something. Then he pulls the drawer and takes out a bunch of money. He puts the letter and money into the envelope and gives it to Utterson. "Please deliver this to Lucy.. Tell her to escape the town in hurry.."

"W-why?"

"I'm scared Hyde will looking for her and hurts her again.. Please go now..." Jekyll insists.

"But how about you?" Utterson afraid to leave Jekyll alone.

"I can take care of myself.. Where's the chemical I want you to buy?"

"Oh! Here.." Utterson takes something from his bag and gives it to Jekyll.

"Thanks.. Just go now.."

Utterson obeys his best friend orders and goes out the room.

Jekyll who left behind is now mixing the chemicals he got and making a new formula. After that, he drinks the new formula. After a couple of seconds, with shivering his body as the after effects, he gets better.

"I hope this new formula can hold Jekyll for a longer time.." He stops to sigh. "I'm scared.. I'm scared that I might lose my mind forever.. I shouldn't do this to myself.. "

He then droops, regretting what he has done to himself.

 

-00-

 

The next part shows Lucy is working in Red Rat.

Utterson comes out and talks to her, "Excuse me, Lucy Harris.."

"Oh! Yeah.. What can I help you?"

"Can we talk for a while?"

Lucy nods and follows Utterson to a quieter place.

"This is from Jekyll.. " he says as he gives Lucy the envelope.

"From Dr. Jekyll?" Lucy takes the envelope and opens it. "Oh My God.. Why he gives me these much money?"

"He wants you to leave the town as soon as possible and starts a new better life elsewhere.. There's also a letter from him inside the envelope." Utterson says.

"But why suddenly?" Lucy get confused.

"I can't tell.. Just think about it, Miss Harris.. I have to go.." Utterson then leaving Lucy behind in confusion.

 

-00-

 

The next part shows Lucy in her bedroom. Still wearing her waitress uniform, she sits on the edge of the bed, while reading Jekyll's letter.

She reads the letter, "Dear Lucy.. This is Henry.. I want you to go out of the town as soon as possible.. That's for your saf

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter